• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns is back in pads at practice

JawnyBlaze

Just now, Billy Love said:

We have to be better talent evaluators than that. We can’t be afraid of drafting players to build our team. 

Gonna probably need to dump the GM to increase your odds of hitting a Brian Burns. Even with the world's best evaluators, it's an inexact science. I'm not a proponent of giving away something guaranteed for the chance at something as good as what was being given away.

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

Gonna probably need to dump the GM to increase your odds of hitting a Brian Burns. Even with the world's best evaluators, it's an inexact science. I'm not a proponent of giving away something guaranteed for the chance at something as good as what was being given away.

Then you have to learn how to spend your CAP wisely. It’s a two edged sword, I get both sides.

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

nah they got one for cheaper in FA

Would you trade Burns if it was guaranteed you would have back to back top 10 picks?

So they got really lucky?

No, because our depth is trash and that would guarantee us 1-2 terrible seasons until we claim those picks.

I WOULD have traded him for 2 first rounders and a 2nd this past draft though. 

3 minutes ago, Billy Love said:
7 minutes ago, Tbe said:

I don’t follow. Did they trade their best D player for a 2025 They draft players that provide immediate impact. And by the way, LA offered 2 first rounders.

LA offered a 2024 and a 2025 1st. It wasn’t for this past draft.

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, PantherKyle said:

To do what with those picks? Hopefully draft a Brian Burns?

well, we have a rookie QB we need to build around.  Just bandaids on the roster.  You could spend a first round pick on a freak skill player…..a first round pick on a freak pass rusher.  Both on rookie deals.

or you use those pick and alter the Bryce Young trade.  DJ Moore is still a Panther and you still got ammo for the draft

or use those picks to move in drafts/trades and whatever Mr. In On Every Deal could find.

all sorts of stuff you could do 

• Pie 1