• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Falcons GameDay Thread!

Zod

5 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Nothing I say or do here has any impact, just my opinion.  And like I said, I expect him to improve.  But this was his first real test, and he didn't do well.  I didn't expect him to do well. 

Fwiw, I don't remember any teacher in school ever taking my situation into account.  If I missed the question, they marked it wrong and told me what I needed to work on.  Which is what I hope the coaching staff is doing. 

Pretty sure you didn't take your school tests with 300 poind men chasing you down trying to hurt you.

(at least I wouldn't think so; your a school may have been different than mine) 😕

Think of it this way now. Would your teacher have evaluated you the same way on your first day of class as they would have your last?

Edited by Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pretty sure you didn't take your school tests with 300 poind men chasing you down trying to hurt you.

(at least I wouldn't think so; your a school may have been different than mine) 😕

Think of it this way now. Would your teacher have evaluated you the same way on your first day of class as they would have your last?

I went thru boot camp and had to take a variety of test there, so there were 200 lb men yelling at me for some of them.

And the answer to the last question is that they evaluate me on whether I got the answer right or not.  The questions might be more difficult as time goes along though.  My guess is that Reich will try to keep things simple for BY at first and make it more complex as time goes along, depending on how quickly he comes along.  

After watching the all-22, I can't help but put some of the blame on TMJ for not running a crisp route.

He makes his cut at the 50, floats up to the ATL 48. Worth noting that Bates didn't drop any further back than where he started at the snap.

Screenshot_20230912_124211_NFL.thumb.jpg.8448878fef248eb14d85c030b530633e.jpg

Screenshot_20230912_124250_NFL.thumb.jpg.e26eb29646cc6f67b3953b80042ed04c.jpg

Screenshot_20230912_125004_NFL.thumb.jpg.c31ce5f555224321b49d34026bac7df1.jpg

If TMJ stays along the 50 or comes back to the ball he gets there before Bates does.

Between this and the stutter on what would have been a chunk play down the sideline, Jefferson is going to have plenty to get on TMJ about during practice this week. Very eager to see how he responds to actual NFL coaching.

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I went thru boot camp and had to take a variety of test there, so there were 200 lb men yelling at me for some of them.

And the answer to the last question is that they evaluate me on whether I got the answer right or not.  The questions might be more difficult as time goes along though.  My guess is that Reich will try to keep things simple for BY at first and make it more complex as time goes along, depending on how quickly he comes along.  

That's the idea.

All indications are they've already thrown more at him than they would another rookie though.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Icege said:

The first pick seemed more on Bates great preparation and athletic ability than it did on misfires by the Panthers. Bryce did look seem to lock on Hurst, tho I could be mistaken (watching on my phone between meetings, so I'm not getting the best visual).

Screenshot_20230912_123654_NFL.thumb.jpg.08594ea3fbb8d84bdc9557759e355423.jpg

Screenshot_20230912_123818_NFL.thumb.jpg.50a5db93b136538e2b74d6fe59487d46.jpg

Screenshot_20230912_123827_NFL.thumb.jpg.39636a8e93f4d53e1732fadca54237ee.jpg

Screenshot_20230912_123911_NFL.thumb.jpg.01c176014cef50b8ebff6b8da8e09c27.jpg

Pretty obvious from the broadcast he either missed Bates altogether or thought he could squeeze it past him. On one of the picks at least (I think it was the first) Bates is clearly in his line of sight when he throws

Edited by MechaZain

On 9/10/2023 at 1:54 PM, Brent Gregory said:

My fear is Young is what he is. He's not 6'4 240 with great running ability. His ceiling is much lower than the other guys so his decision making has to be off the charts. Sure he can improve but I'm afraid only to a level that's not franchise changing. I remember Cams first game thinking wow the future is bright. Not so much with young.

And you just figured this out after his first game?  You sound like that other guy who only care about WOW plays. Well if we had a WOW receiver but we traded him away just to move up. Until we have a top receiver, we will continue to struggle. 

2 hours ago, GhostWhispah said:

He got an F in my book as the main reason why they lost on MNF but he did toss some WOW passes that fancy some of the fans here regardless of the outcome. Its about the Wow factor. 

Yeah he converted some 70%+ of his passes then those 3 interceptions and fumbles. 

On 9/12/2023 at 10:07 PM, DavidEng said:

Yeah he converted some 70%+ of his passes then those 3 interceptions and fumbles. 

I like him cause he admits that it was his fault unlike pretty boy Zach who has NEVER blamed himself but the team for his failures. Whenever he struggles, he refer to the team but when the team succeeds, he refers to himself. Even if the Jets were good, no one wants coward leaders like that on their rosters. 

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/former_jets_hc_rex_ryan_has_harsh_words_for_qb_zach_wilson/s1_13132_38150567