• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Calm the hell down..

musicman

13 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Telling another fan how to be a fan of a bad team is the most limp wrist action of all time. I’ll wallow in my misery and fuging love  it.  

Limp wristed? haha! 

Cool, go ahead and keep stressing yourself that badly over the team. I will continue to enjoy laughing at your overreactions when our guys play poorly. At least it will give me some entertainment this season when they look bad.

15 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

If the mods are going to lock the ‘hot take’ threads then these idiotic ‘calm down guys’ threads should be locked too

anyone with an iq over 10 can see the hot garbage from preseason and know this team was going to be horse poo. We got beat by a ball control team, what’s going to happen when we face gun slinging QBs

Cam Jordan is going to annihilate Young

I agree the team looked horrible in preseason and looked awful yesterday as well but it's the guys who are on here acting like their lives are over who need to step back and take a deep breath for a second. I mean, who actually thought they were going to the playoffs this season especially after watching preseason? Guys like Panthers Fan 69 on here acting as if their world is finished should probably find a new hobby if its going to stress them so badly as it appears. Talk about soon to suffer health problems from that much mental anguish.

Unfortunately I never thought we would be very good so I was down but not surprised and had to get over it. The narratives were already written. Chark unavailable due to being hurt before the season even started, Horn going down in another non contact situation, Bryce struggling (most rookies do anyhow), etc... Nothing was really a surprise here. I guess if anything, it is sad and pathetic for me to have figured how first game would go but im definitely not a calm down guy. Im just a disappointed and not worrying about it guy.

• Pie 1

So I misquoted, it's rookie QBs that starts opening day for their team. Not a rookies first start. David Carr is 2002 won his 1st game as rookie QB and it was the teams opener. Everybody wants everything now and like I said I wouldn't have put too much into a victory either. the whole team needs to find it's groove to see if we have a 5 - 6 win, a 7 - 8 win or maybe even a 9 - 10 win team. They don't know yet. That's all I'm saying to all you high paid experts out there. A fan is fan and will say what they want, but a true fan supports the team until it's obvious and then you're either rewarded or disappointed but that's what being a sports fan is. Enjoy the ride, don't complain about as it just starts.

• Pie 1

Drew Brees and Matt Ryan our longtime divisional nemesis are finally out of our division. If we can't hang with the lowly Falcons now we are certainly cellar dwellers. The good news is it's only game one. You don't have to be completely low on the team if it's that bad it's best to unplug. I used to let a Panthers loss ruin my week. Sunday I spent the afternoon and evening laughing at the Panthers ineptitude. All that being said. Folks who are making it their life's work to try to smother annoyed fans with positivity and rainbows that's admirable but remember none of us are above the other. We don't have anymore bandwagoners those people are long gone the last few years saw to that. Anyone who is still showing up after all this even if they are pissed off is a loyal fan in their own way.

• Pie 1

On 9/11/2023 at 8:35 AM, Ricky Prickles said:

Limp wristed? haha! 

Cool, go ahead and keep stressing yourself that badly over the team. I will continue to enjoy laughing at your overreactions when our guys play poorly. At least it will give me some entertainment this season when they look bad.

Be careful there. This is apparently a safe space for miserable fans to bitch about the team and its fans, but Lord forbid the fans that aren't melting down talk about what they liked seeing while rolling their eyes at the whining. Somehow that makes them the problem? 🙄

Edited by Icege
  • Beer 1

On 9/10/2023 at 4:27 PM, musicman said:

The last time a starting rookie QB won his 1st game was in 2002. No DJ Chark, a hobbled Theilen and probably Marshall. Horn goes out. It wasn't that bad. 3 TO's hurt. The O-line did better. 1st game for Sanders. It's gonna take time. There were some positives. But it looked like a rookie playing in a new system with new coaches and a lot of new faces. 

Will you do a week 2 take thread like this?