• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL News: 2023 Season

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, ladypanther said:

Just checked a couple of sports news sites...they are reporting the resignation and nothing else.  Just family and personal stuff like everything is normal.

That's about all that's officially known right now, but the behind the scenes talk from some of their reporters makes it sound like it's about to get really weird.

No idea what to make of this yet.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If he gets hurt he gets hurt but he's playing well despite a lot of adversity.

And I'm happy for him on that front.

With that said though, you're familiar with his current head coach and the effect his management has had on previous quarterbacks who were much larger than Howell.

I'd absolutely b-tch about it.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And I'm happy for him on that front.

With that said though, you're familiar with his current head coach and the effect his management has had on previous quarterbacks who were much larger than Howell.

I'd absolutely b-tch about it.

Oh, I said at the time that Howell going to play under Rivera makes me nervous as hell. Rivera just doesn't seem to prioritize protecting his QBs in the least.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh, I said at the time that Howell going to play under Rivera makes me nervous as hell. Rivera just doesn't seem to prioritize protecting his QBs in the least.

With Newton he could rationalize it because Cam was big and mobile.

I'm not sure how he rationalizes it now, or if he even still does.

22 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

So this story about the bears DC went from possible sex crimes charges, being raided by the FBI, to the guy actually being sick and needing to step away for his personal health and well being. Twitter lol 

That's his story (and he's apparently sticking to it) but insiders are... skeptical.