• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chark, Sanders, Thielen

Paa Langfart

I am hoping that a large part of our dismal offensive performance yesterday was due to lingering injuries to 3 of our best offensive players, that in a few weeks time will improve.  I saw a number of people bitching about Thielen's contract yesterday, but have any of you actually had a serious ankle injury and tried to walk on it let alone run as a professional athlete?  I mean it must be tough to get open running at 3/4 speed and he appeared to be a major outlet for BY in preseason.   And it did not appear that Sanders is really up to speed with his groin either, the fumble aside.  Chark coming back could be a huge help for opening up the field for our wr's.  Looking at it like this I see a light at the end of the tunnel if we can get these three guys healthy.

What is the latest on these guys and what are the chances they come back 80-100% for the last 3/4 of the season?

Sanders still somehow rushed for 72 yards on 18 carries.  If he didn't fumble, we may be singing his praises today.  He also caught some good passes out of the backfield.  I was pleased with his performance, fumble aside. 

It doesn't help that Bijan Robinson looks like the most explosive RB since Barry Sanders and I don't think I'm overstating that.  He made Sanders look ordinary.

Edited by NAS
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, NAS said:

Sanders still somehow rushed for 70 yards on 18 carries.  If he didn't fumble, we may be singing his praises today.  He also caught some good passes out of the backfield.  I was pleased with his performance, fumble aside. 

He didn't look like he had a good game. Chubba looked like he had the better game.  Neither seemed to know where the outside lanes were, but Hubbard found the hole the most, at least from my old eyes anyway.

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He didn't look like he had a good game. Chubba looked like he had the better game.  Neither seemed to know where the outside lanes were, but Hubbard found the hole the most, at least from my old eyes anyway.

It's deceptive, I think Chuba is at his best as the second RB.  Can keep fresh, he definitely looked good yesterday but if you put him in the starting role, I think he would struggle. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Chuba got the better holes from the OL, that's for certain.  Luck of the draw, I guess.  Heck, his 21 yard run a compact SUV could have driven though that lane.  Sanders got the bulk of the first down runs which are always a rough go.  The defense is banking on first down runs.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Chuba got the better holes from the OL, that's for certain.  Luck of the draw, I guess.  Heck, his 21 yard run a compact SUV could have driven though that lane.  Sanders got the bulk of the first down runs which are always a rough go.  The defense is banking on first down runs.

It might have been that. But if both had just bounced one of those stuffed runs outside it could have been a different ballgame.  I'm not sure what they were looking at on both of those 1 yard runs on the first drive but they had the outside wide open.  There was so many "missed opportunities" in this game that I'm sure when they look at the tape they will be kicking themselves. 

31 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

That was his enigma in Philly as well.

He’ll end up averaging 4.2+ per carry and have good stats to show, but in game, there’s never truly impact plays consistently.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It might have been that. But if both had just bounced one of those stuffed runs outside it could have been a different ballgame.  I'm not sure what they were looking at on both of those 1 yard runs on the first drive but they had the outside wide open.  There was so many "missed opportunities" in this game that I'm sure when they look at the tape they will be kicking themselves. 

Neither guys are true 'up the gut' type of runners.  Supposedly Chuba put on weight this offseason to help pound the rock between the tackles.  However, lacking weight  was/is not his issue.  He lacks vision and decisiveness, both are key to be an effective runner in the trenches.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Neither guys are true 'up the gut' type of runners.  Supposedly Chuba put on weight this offseason to help pound the rock between the tackles.  However, lacking weight  was/is not his issue.  He lacks vision and decisiveness, both are key to be an effective runner in the trenches.

Sanders ran into a lot of scrums as well. I just don't know what they were looking at in the first half.  

Edited by Jon Snow

I think we cut Blackshear and put him on the PS (assuming he clears waivers; 99.9% sure he will) and give a veteran a shot given he's healthy and can pass a physical.

image.png.50e146ad935e35684eb566121100b899.png

Fournette, Ingram and Bernard would be instant upgrades as inside the tackle runners.  There's more to the list, I just look a snippet.  At this point, and given the how the RB market sucks, we could get veteran help CHEAP.