• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young needs to ride the bench this season. Let him learn behind Dalton before it's too late.

jasonluckydog

I wasn't going to say this but there is the dark side to holding onto our vets rather than trading them for top quality weapons. I hate to say this, but when targets are not open Young will hold the ball to scan the field. This puts Young in major danger and he is basically the smallest QB in the NFL. That means injury is highly likely, and possible psychological damage as well. I didn't want to say that because it's rather negative, but we need to live with reality. 

Just now, pantherj said:

Consider that we have two second round WRs on our team, and they don't get good separation. It's not that easy to find WRs. But I never said that it's easier to find an elite DE than WR, also Burns is playing OLB. it's more about priorities than which is easier to replace.

Yes it is .. It just 1 off-season.. They had Moore and Anderson and ppl thought we were good.. Just because they couldn’t get a number 1 this offseason doesn’t mean it isn’t easier to find them.. 

With the elevation of the 7on7 programs (development of more WR and QB being the main focus)and the fact more FA Wr are available then good FA Pass rushers means we will get a WR sooner then a Pass Rusher at Burns level.. it’s just reality.;

Just now, pantherj said:

I wasn't going to say this but there is the dark side to holding onto our vets rather than trading them for top quality weapons. I hate to say this, but when targets are not open Young will hold the ball to scan the field. This puts Young in major danger and he is basically the smallest QB in the NFL. That means injury is highly likely, and possible psychological damage as well. I didn't want to say that because it's rather negative, but we need to live with reality. 

It’s one game.. Can we please have more games to evaluate before going to the dark side..

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

This is a strategy that I normally favor.

In this case, I don't.

Not only because I think Young can handle it, but also because now that you've already put him out there you have to stick with him.

Let the growing pains happen, and don't panic when they do.

I feel sorry for Young. This fanbase is incredibly impatient. 

• Flames 1

32 minutes ago, mydaddysmamasdaddy said:

Peyton Manning threw 3 picks and was sacked 4 times in his first start. He also threw 28 picks his rookie season and the Colts were 3-13. His second year the picks dropped to 15 and the Colts were 13-3. We all know how that career turned out. I'm not saying Bryce is going to be as good as Peyton, but the point is he's not a bust like some seem to think after one game. I don't understand why so many are turning on him after one game. 

Because some fans want immediate success, which is unrealistic and not fair for Young. 

• Pie 1

What op stated use to be the case and actually could have benefited some young qbs that weren’t ready to start(Josh Rosen comes to mind) 

unfortunately nfl isn’t like nba where players have to play out there first contract before ext talks can even begin, since that’s the case, getting the most out of first round rookies, especially QBs, day 1 is imperative to team building 

7 minutes ago, pantherj said:

He barely got hit yesterday. BY knows when to get the ball out to avoid contact, which he did. 

Too late for what?  I don't see how you build chemistry with your receivers sitting on the bench.  Most of what I saw yesterday was lack of chemistry and understanding between the receivers and Young.  I think that will come with time.  I would like to hear from someone at the game.  Very hard to see downfield and know how open players were and if he whiffed on them.  The times I did get the view on television it did not seem like we were getting much separation with our receivers.  

• Flames 1