• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All-22 Review: Panthers @ Falcons [Week 1 - 2023]

TheCasillas

17 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

you want to cover for me while im away? I can give you my nfl plus login

I have NFL Plus already, but thanks.

And sadly, I doubt I'd have the time or the energy to do your work justice. Health issues have made everything harder these days. That's why I only ended up writing one coaching profile this year.

Mind you, deep football analysis is absolutely something I continue to love. I record all Panther games just in case I want to review them, but I rarely end up doing so. Used to be I watched them at least twice, but anymore not so much.

Kudos on the job you're doing with them though 🙂

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Using Mahomes as the example in which you are holding our 22 year old rookie QB too might have been why you've been getting so much s*** lately. A lot of you guys need to go read that QB Debut thread and read through some of the names and stats of the those players in their first games. I'm sure I could find a dozen more who struggled. Not every team situation is the same, our entire team underwent heavy scheme and personnel changes. Bryce is not an uber athletically gifted QB so he doesn't have that to rely on when the play breaks down. Anyone who thought he was going to come in and start carving up NFL secondaries was just fooling yourselves. Just need to relax and let the kid play. If he works hard at his craft which I think he will he is going to be just fine. Gotta give him some time to learn though.

Well you might want to go back and check some threads after the draft because thats exactly what it was on here. A lot of people on here claimed he was already the best qb in the division, of course any smart person saw the narratives changing the closer we got to the season. But the main thing was bryce was the most pro ready, hell even generational,  and coming into a better situation then the other rookie qbs and most rookie qbs in nfl history. Now that aint the case no more apparently, it changed real fast. 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Well you might want to go back and check some threads after the draft because thats exactly what it was on here. A lot of people on here claimed he was already the best qb in the division, of course any smart person saw the narratives changing the closer we got to the season. But the main thing was bryce was the most pro ready, hell even generational,  and coming into a better situation then the other rookie qbs and most rookie qbs in nfl history. Now that aint the case no more apparently, it changed real fast. 

The best QB in the NFC south right now.... is ....

Tampa Bay Football GIF by Tampa Bay Buccaneers

9 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Thats still the case, and Bryce is going to be fine.  He's a damn rookie.  And the most important thing is that in his first real game he did not look overwhelmed or that he did not belong on the field.  Its going to take time for the game to slow down for him, just like with literally every other QB in NFL history.  Bryce only had 2 games in his entire college career with 2 INTs.  I think he will take note of what he can and cannot get away with at the pros and adjust accordingly.  Also, I think by the halfway point of the year or so he will begin to look more comfortable.  I may say a lot of hyperbolic things on here sometimes, but looking at it rationally I am pleased with his progression thus far. 

Just now, Silent Majority said:

Bryce doesn't have that dog in him, IMO. Maybe he can use skill and scheme to be successful. He has all the tools. I just have never seen him be an aggressor or tenacious. He doesn't go hunting. He just kind of let's things come to him. 

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

• Pie 2