• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 2 NFL games

Panthercougar68

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Valid, and I'm pretty sure nobody is gonna attribute any offensive success on the Commanders part to Ron Rivera.

Agreed, with the one caveat that a lot of the talk has been it's not his skill set that's been keeping him from getting those jobs. It's other factors.

Does this mitigate any of that?

If he has shown he can create a great offense, win games, and develop a young QB teams will overlook off the field past issues.  I'm not saying that's a good thing, but it's the truth.  

Just now, ForJimmy said:

If he has shown he can create a great offense, win games, and develop a young QB teams will overlook off the field past issues.  I'm not saying that's a good thing, but it's the truth.  

Not necessarily just talking about off the field stuff.

His personality has been described as a tad...thorny.

54 minutes ago, GhostWhispah said:

Having a low S2 score is no big deal unless you play the QB position that NEEDS to read and process plays in real time. Trey was still struggling with Kyles complex playbook even tho he was physically gifted with a cannon arm. With that said, i hold the s2 test in high regard when it comes to the QB ONLY, not meatheads who only task is to block or tackle. Bryce had the highest S2 score for a QB yet it means nothing for some fans unless he can pass for 300 plus yards.

Sure but it was treated like something it isn’t. 

You aren’t dumb if you score low on that test. 

From my understanding, the point of the test is how well you deal with reacting to multiple visual stimuli at the same time, or rapidly back to back, and how quickly you identify and respond to that. 

People made CJ Stroud “Waterboy” memes. 

It was just a form of ignorant character assassination.

2 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

From my understanding, the point of the test is how well you deal with reacting to multiple visual stimuli at the same time, or rapidly back to back, and how quickly you identify and respond to that. 

I've never understood the need to insult other prospects just because you prefer someone different.

You can say your preferred prospect is better without saying another one is sh-t.

6 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

People were questioning him growing up without a father and how that makes a bad QB.  It was terrible.  

Just now, ForJimmy said:

People were questioning him growing up without a father and how that makes a bad QB.  It was terrible.  

Mentioned in the college football thread that the kid who injured Travis Hunter is getting death threats. His family was doxxed as well.

Granting that the hit was dirty, there's still no place for that kind of garbage.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Agreed, with the one caveat that a lot of the talk has been it's not his skill set that's been keeping him from getting those jobs. It's other factors.

Does this mitigate any of that?

Maybe. At the end of the day, teams want a winner. They'll look over a lot of they think a guy can bring wins. I mean, Sean Payton the pill popping overseer of Bountygate got another HC gig.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That poster was banned pretty shortly after that.  Some folks cannot help themselves 

Prime was the original quote.  It was just brought up about Stroud because his father was absent through part of his life.

https://www.outkick.com/deion-sanders-quarterbacks-mother-father-single-parents-shedeur/#:~:text=Sanders appeared with Rich Eisen,he's got to be smart.&text=“[He can't make,bad decisions off the field.

1 hour ago, GhostWhispah said:

Bryce had the highest S2 score for a QB yet it means nothing for some fans unless he can pass for 300 plus yards.

Yeah, his pre-draft test scores do in fact mean nothing now. He's in the NFL. It's about his NFL performance at this point. If he doesn't end up working out I don't think anyone is going to be using his high S2 score to comfort themselves.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

They may be his recruiting method but he probably should have kept that to himself. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, his pre-draft test scores do in fact mean nothing now. He's in the NFL. It's about his NFL performance at this point. If he doesn't end up working out I don't think anyone is going to be using his high S2 score to comfort themselves.

He cares if we are 2-7 all I know is bryce is the damn man at streetfighter

1 hour ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I agree it was mean and wrong for people to do that and they sound like trolls trying to get a reaction. Still when one QB gets 98 out of 100 on the s2 while the other get an 18 on a position where they need to read different defensive schemes and quickly react to them at the pro level pace which is much faster than college play, would you take the guy base on that or on how strong your passing arm is? Cj has a cannon arm while Bryce has an average arm like you and i, maybe even weaker as my arm is arm is kinda big.

I know who i want....

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No it doesn't when it comes to tossing 300+ yard games which CJ should and likely will have plenty more than Bryce. I care about winning over more than passing yards and if Bryce cannot pass for over 300 yards in his pro career, i still take him....do you know why?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10067920-nfl-coach-bryce-youngs-arm-unimpressive-compared-to-richardson-stroud-levis