• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A loss to the Saints on MNF would be as bad a start as the Panthers can get.

hepcat

2 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

This actually didn’t happen…also Nicole wasn’t involved in Rhule’s interview Matt came to Charlotte and Hurney is the one who fell head over heels for him 

Didn’t say she interviewed Rhule and that whole situation about her not completing the DE&I requirement was weird. 

And let’s be real, Tepper went to Rhule’s house and agreed to cut the checks for the $60m guaranteed contract and you think it wasn’t Tepper’s call to hire him? Damn y’all 

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

Didn’t say she interviewed Rhule and that whole situation about her not completing the DE&I requirement was weird. 

And let’s be real, Tepper went to Rhule’s house and agreed to cut the checks for the $60m guaranteed contract and you think it wasn’t Tepper’s call to hire him? Damn y’all 

There was a lot more agent dealing behind the scenes with Rhule’s hire than you think and Marty Hurney did more damage than anyone.

Rhule was Tepper's call, assisted by Marty Hurney and Steven Drummond.

With Reich, Tepper largely abstained from the search. He didn't even take part in the final vote.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

There was a lot more agent dealing behind the scenes with Rhule’s hire than you think and Marty Hurney did more damage than anyone.

The New York Giants having a private jet in Waco ready to take Rhule to the interview is why that whole thing happened to me. Tepper likes to “win” the deal and he thinks he beat the Giants by not letting him leave for the interview. In the end Tepper was the one who looked like a fool and all the other owners hate him for throwing off the coaching pay scale by overpaying a wildly unqualified college coach who didn’t even beat a ranked team. 

• Pie 1

The New York Giants having a private jet in Waco ready to take Rhule to the interview is why that whole thing happened to me. Tepper likes to “win” the deal and he thinks he beat the Giants by not letting him leave for the interview. In the end Tepper was the one who looked like a fool and all the other owners hate him for throwing off the coaching pay scale by overpaying a wildly unqualified college coach who didn’t even beat a ranked team. 

And who do you think was saying “Dave, we need to sign this guy now”

It was Marty

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

At no point after just two games will it be "panic time".

The team spent the entire off-season selling the fanbase on the “all star” coaching staff and how pro-ready and cerebral Bryce Young is, meanwhile CJ Stroud, Anthony Richardson, and even Sam Howell all look better than the guy they traded up big assets to get. Bryce has played one game, I get it. Lots of time for him to prove himself so I’m not panicking. But at first glance we have a wildly undersized QB and a wildly overpaid coaching staff that needs to deliver results or else all that smoke the team sold the fans on will lead to more and more empty seats and visiting fans at the stadium for yet another season under David Tepper. 

13 minutes ago, hepcat said:

The team spent the entire off-season selling the fanbase on the “all star” coaching staff and how pro-ready and cerebral Bryce Young is, meanwhile CJ Stroud, Anthony Richardson, and even Sam Howell all look better than the guy they traded up big assets to get. Bryce has played one game, I get it. Lots of time for him to prove himself so I’m not panicking. But at first glance we have a wildly undersized QB and a wildly overpaid coaching staff that needs to deliver results or else all that smoke the team sold the fans on will lead to more and more empty seats and visiting fans at the stadium for yet another season under David Tepper. 

Portraying a new staff and young quarterback's second game in as a must win is what you call "not panicking"?

At no point did the team try to sell anybody on the idea that we were going to be dominant from day one. The idea of an all-star staff and a new rookie quarterback was valid, and everyone said they were going to try and win immediately.

But key on that word "try".

Fans having unrealistic expectations isn't the team's fault. It's the fans' fault

Edited by Mr. Scot