• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What has Scott Fitterer done right?

hepcat

1 minute ago, Martin said:

We’ll see. The one in the last game was a back breaker no doubt. 

Yeah, I feel like that fumble took points off the board for us.

IIRC it was a first down fumble (after a PI called on a ball to TMJ) and we were across midfield.

It's one thing for a rookie QB to throw INTs, but a veteran RB who just so happens to be your gold star FA acquisition to help said rookie QB should not turn the ball over in crunch time.

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 2

2 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

I’m still undecided on Herbert. 

I’ve heard Rhule use Herbert going one pick before theirs as an excuse before even though Detroit was begging someone to trade up 

Herbert’s numbers always look pretty Damn good but they’re not winning. He had a chance at the end of the 4th yesterday to score a TD but had to settle for a FG. Then in OT he quick snapped his own team and had to punt the ball away. 

I don't know that Rhule would have genuinely been on board with taking Herbert.

He never really wanted to draft and develop a rookie. His "plan" for Corral bbore that out.

1 hour ago, Hogan said:

I said at the time that whoever made the decision to bring in Darnold should be fired immediately. Who made these QB decisions? Rhule? Fitt?

Rhule. That's documented in multiple reports.

The veteran QB decisions were all made by Rhule. Fitterer badly wanted to draft and develop a rookie but didn't have final say.

44 minutes ago, onmyown said:

guys, a worthwhile GM isn’t going to take a job being a yes man to a Baylor college coach. 

This has always been a dumb narrative.

Multiple strong candidates came in and interviewed (total of 14 if I remember). More than one has since become a GM somewhere else.

The only guys who pulled out of the search were Adam Peters (got a huge raise and new title) and Ed Dodds (insisted on full control for himself).

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Tepper doesn't make those kinds of decisions.

Even he himself has said he's not qualified to be a scout or a personnel guy.

Tepper himself has said those are the type decisions he will be involved in as the owner.  He isn't going to get involved in who the backup nickel corner is but will the franchise QB. 

and reports/rumors was their was a disagreement about QB.  Staff liked Stroud (who was also discussed to fit the Reich mold the most).  Tepper liked Young. 

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

This has always been a dumb narrative.

Multiple strong candidates came in and interviewed (total of 14 if I remember). More than one has since become a GM somewhere else.

The only guys who pulled out of the search were Adam Peters (got a huge raise and new title) and Ed Dodds (insisted on full control for himself).

yea I don’t really care who interviewed, the yes man got the job and took the job for a reason.

do you consider Fitt to be a strong candidate? I mean for us of course since no one else interviewed him that I know of.

30 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know that Rhule would have genuinely been on board with taking Herbert.

He never really wanted to draft and develop a rookie. His "plan" for Corral bbore that out.

I agree. Had Herbert been there I still think we end up with Brown

It was just a very convenient excuse for Rhule to use   

9 minutes ago, onmyown said:

yea I don’t really care who interviewed, the yes man got the job and took the job for a reason.

do you consider Fitt to be a strong candidate? I mean for us of course since no one else interviewed him that I know of.

If course you don't 😆

And yes, 20 years of experience with a successful team is a good resumé, not to mention he'd had several interviews prior to that.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, CRA said:

Tepper himself has said those are the type decisions he will be involved in as the owner.  He isn't going to get involved in who the backup nickel corner is but will the franchise QB. 

and reports/rumors was their was a disagreement about QB.  Staff liked Stroud (who was also discussed to fit the Reich mold the most).  Tepper liked Young. 

Yeah, those rumors were just that. Reports since then have shown otherwise.

Of course I know you won't believe those reports if they don't support what you think happened, so...

15 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

If Tepper had final say, we would have been watching Justin Fields out there in 2021. It was even shown in the behind the scenes productions.

Can't be true 😲

45 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Some people so desperately want to be right about wanting him fired that they'll refuse to believe any report that gives him credit for something good.

I'd love for him to prove me wrong I'm just not seeing any evidence for it right now and I'm not going to try to sugarcoat everything. I mean my god man, you still defend everything Gettleman did simply because he's not Marty Hurney and now you're doing it again with Fitts. You gotta get over this Hurney derangement.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd love for him to prove me wrong I'm just not seeing any evidence for it right now and I'm not going to try to sugarcoat everything. I mean my god man, you still defend everything Gettleman did simply because he's not Marty Hurney and now you're doing it again with Fitts. You gotta get over this Hurney derangement.

I definitely don't on't defend everything Gettleman did (hated the Vernon Butler pick, for example) but I do maintain he was still the best GM we've had, undeniably the most successful. A lot of people emotionally hated him for the Smith thing, which leads to stupid takes like "Marty Hurney was better".

Neither am I sugarcoating anything Fitterer has done, but I understand it's deeper and more nuanced than a lot of people are willing to admit, especially given Matt Rhule's arrangement.

I mean hell, one of your own fellow mods has tried to argue that Rhule didn't really have final say despite that being well documented. That's what I call "derangement" 😆

(or dumbassery, If I'm being honest)

Bottom Line: Emotional takes are way more common here than logical ones, and I kinda doubt someone in your position would deny that.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1