• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What has Scott Fitterer done right?

hepcat

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

That's because the answer was dumb 😆

Also find it pretty funny that you're trying to argue Scott Fitterer is a bad GM while also suggesting that it's David Tepper making the picks. If Tepper makes the picks, what does it matter who's the GM?

Its dumb to you because it shows you are wrong

I am not saying he is making the picks I am simply arguing that he is involved (as is nicole).  Believe or not I dont give 2 chits but the proof is right in front you

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Its dumb to you because it shows you are wrong

I am not saying he is making the picks I am simply arguing that he is involved (as is nicole).  Believe or not I dont give 2 chits but the proof is right in front you

Not even close, dude 😄

And as mentioned, his "involvement" has been ezplained. And no one, not even people that he's fired, have said anything to contradict it.

But yeah, "proof" 😆

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

you asked a question I gave an answer but thats not good enough for you.   You obviously are insanely attached to this issue so your mind is not going to change no matter who shows you anything. 

thats cool

What's worse making those moves personally or hiring people bad enough to do all of that fail on their own?

It's both which is why it's been so bad and continues to still look headed in that direction. He absolutely has some fingers in the stupidity done but he also hires these people and I honesty don't know where he keeps failing harder. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

16 hours ago, hepcat said:

True we don’t know what decisions were truly Rhule or Fitterer, but I know for damn sure it wasn’t Rhule’s idea to inexplicably pick up Sam Darnold’s $19m 5th year option before he played a down for the team. 

And as I said earlier in the thread, at least Hurney could identify a star player. He sucked in many other ways but I cannot deny his ability to draft absolute studs in the first round. 

Hurney drafted pro bowlers in the late rounds. Norman and hardy.... i have no confidence in Fitterer to be able to do that. 

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

^^^This.  We needed to build this offense and drop in a rookie next year.  This is not a shot at Bryce, but this offense was always going to be a major 'work in progress' this year and make it that much more difficult for a rookie QB; Young or any other of his fellow QBs in this draft had we gone that path.

Excluding Win and losses i think Stroud would be doing really well here right now far as individually. Way Worse O line and no name receiving core in Houston.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, there aren't any legit NFL reporters out there I've seen pushing the narrative that Tepper is controlling everything. That's just you.

Plenty of reporters with no Panthers affiliation have confirmed stuff that happened while Rhule was here, but again you deny that because it doesn't suit the narrative you want.

As for me pushing a positive version of Tupper, yeah... 😆

Never said Tepper controls everything.  You won't find that anywhere.  That's you projecting for your argument.    

We were talking about the #1 overall pick.   Those are the type decisions Tepper said would be part of.  His words.  He spoke on that.  And again, there were legit reporters that covered the disagreements in house on what the Panthers should do with the pick.  In the end, they selected the guy it was reported the owner wanted.  Not Reich. 

Tepper is part of the big decisions.  Not small ones.  Bryce Young? Tepper is in on that.  Backup nickel corner? Not a Tepper concern.  Again, Tepper already discussed when and where he would poke his nose.   It's his mom and pop shop after all.  

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, hepcat said:

I could write a long list of Fitterer’s failures as Panthers GM. What has he done right? I am really having trouble figuring it out. 

Picking Icky? Is that the best thing he’s done? Zavala if he pans out as a legit starter? Maybe Chuba Hubbard? Wait never mind it was who Matt Rhule’s WIFE who picked him. I don’t mytyy

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

Never said Tepper controls everything.  You won't find that anywhere.  That's you projecting for your argument.    

We were talking about the #1 overall pick.   Those are the type decisions Tepper said would be part of.  His words.  He spoke on that.  And again, there were legit reporters that covered the disagreements in house on what the Panthers should do with the pick.  In the end, they selected the guy it was reported the owner wanted.  Not Reich. 

Tepper is part of the big decisions.  Not small ones.  Bryce Young? Tepper is in on that.  Backup nickel corner? Not a Tepper concern.  Again, Tepper already discussed when and where he would poke his nose.   It's his mom and pop shop after all.  

I mean this is all truth but mr scot will still make excuses and not believe it.   If they were not involved then why in the hell did tepper and his wife go to all of the pro days?  it literally makes no sense if thats your argument

16 minutes ago, CRA said:

Tepper’s*

Nicole is VERY much involved in things like that as well

59 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's because the answer was dumb 😆

Also find it pretty funny that you're trying to argue Scott Fitterer is a bad GM while also suggesting that it's David Tepper making the picks. If Tepper makes the picks, what does it matter who's the GM?

No one is arguing David Tepper is making all the picks.  David Tepper in his own words told you he would inject himself into certain aspects of HIS team.  And a #1 overall pick/face of the franchise type pick is I believe literally an example he used. 

32 minutes ago, CRA said:

So you should have no trouble going back and finding articles by legit insiders reporting that Frank Reich didn't really want Bryce Young, right?

I mean, I'm sure the video from the pre-draft process is going to back you up because after all you're not just full of sh-t, right? 🤔

Oh wait, I forgot, the Panthers doctor that video 😆

(Matt Rhule didn't really have full control either)

Edited by Mr. Scot

20 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I mean this is all truth but mr scot will still make excuses and not believe it.   If they were not involved then why in the hell did tepper and his wife go to all of the pro days?  it literally makes no sense if thats your argument

I mean, if I spent billions on the Panthers....I probably would want my preferred option all things be close.   

Bryce probably had the highest floor.  Seems like the safest option especially coming off the Rhule clown show.  And I think most of the recent moves from Frank, Bryce, to all the old dinosaurs, etc......seem to be the org prioritizing stability coming off one of that embarrassment era.   

25 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

FYI: You're agreeing with someone who's been trying to argue that Rhule didn't actually have full control when he was here.

You signing on with that one too? 😆

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

So you should have no trouble going back and finding articles by legit insiders reporting that Frank Reich didn't really want Bryce Young, right?

I mean, I'm sure the video from the pre-draft process is going to back you up because after all you're not just full of sh-t, right? 🤔

Oh wait, I forgot, the Panthers doctor that video 😆

it's 2023.  Inside scoops by legit reporters are done via social media.   

and yes, the Panther marketing department does Panther PR.  They help paint the picture the Panthers want out there in the universe.  We have been over this before.   And there you go with the exaggerated projection.  Thats' not doctoring a video.  It's PR.