• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some numbers for perspective

LinvilleGorge

7 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Saints and Falcons defensive ratings so far this season:

Total Defense:

Total yardage: 3rd and 4th

Total points allowed: 6th and 9th

Yards per play allowed: 3rd and 8th

1st downs allowed: 4th and 15th

Passing

Passing yardage allowed: 2nd and 7th

Yards per passing attempt: 3rd and 4th

Chicken or egg situation at this point. Too early to tell if the offense completely sucks or we just kinda suck and are playing good defenses. Let's see how we do against Seattle.

I dunno about the saints but the falcons I don’t really feel are anything special on defense. 

Just now, frankw said:

You think his play has been good?

More power to you I guess.

His play hasn't been bad - made a few mistakes sure - like most QB's.  But overall he has been accurate, made the right reads, and been fairly mobile.  He has played better than any QB we have had in years.

But the play calling has been awful and obvious....his receivers are not getting open....the O-line especially Christianson and Ikey have been bad...Sanders has been meh and barely a receiving help.  What should he have done with that different?

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I don't either.

I think the offense kind of sucks.

But it IS too early to make definitive claims one way or the other.

Honestly, after further reviewing of the numbers I think we may have the best defense in the south… if we weren’t stuck on the field all the damn time. If our Hill spy wasn’t so brutally exited from the field im wondering if we could have actually held him in check too. 

Edited by Harbingers

Just now, Stingray3030 said:

His play hasn't been bad - made a few mistakes sure - like most QB's.  But overall he has been accurate, made the right reads, and been fairly mobile.  He has played better than any QB we have had in years.

But the play calling has been awful and obvious....his receivers are not getting open....the O-line especially Christianson and Ikey have been bad...Sanders has been meh and barely a receiving help.  What should he have done with that different?

I agree there are multiple factors at play as to why our offense is so bad overall the roster that Fitterer has built and the coaching staff are not helping matters. But you are downplaying the level of not good Bryce Young has been. That's your prerogative but I am in complete disagreement. He's not some mid rounder like Corral or Howell. We are in worst case scenario waters and it's only week 2. He's got to turn things around in some way soon.

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Honestly, after further reviewing of the numbers I think we may have the best defense in the south… if we weren’t stuck on the field all the damn time. If our Hill spy wasn’t so brutally exited from the field im wondering if we could have actually held him in check too. 

People also ignoring we have been without Horn the entire game - huge loss of our #1 CB which can make a difference with Chinn's usage

The defense is a fuging wet dream.  I love it.

But man, I was vocal about what a lazy, uninspired, limp dick hire I thought Reich was when it happened...  but then, I bought into the PR hype - the original team connections,first QB in team history, Capers, superstar coaching staff, etc. And I drank the kool-aid and just wanted to believe it was divine intervention - we were finally due for a shift in the destiny of our franchise.  I wanted to be optimistic and believe that finally having a offensive-minded HC and progressive staff would give us the high-powered, aggressive offense we had always dreamt of...  and then the preseason happened.  Then the season started...  and this poo is worse than Rhule's offenses.  My initial feelings on Reich were critical, and I just felt he was underwhelming as a HC, but even in that initial take, I never ever would've imagined the poo would look this bad even if they started the 32nd best QB in the league.  This poo is incredibly bad.

29 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The Carolina Panthers' current rankings in the NFL through week 2...

Total Offense

Total yardage: 28th

Total points scored: 30th

Yards per play: 31st

1st downs: 28th

Passing

Passing yardage: Dead last

Completion percentage: 28th

Yards per passing attempt: dead last

Yards per reception: dead last

Rushing

Rushing yardage: 9th

Yards per attempt: 4th

Defense

Total yards allowed: 8th

Points allowed: 13th

Yards per play: 8th

1st downs allowed: 10th

Y'all, the numbers scream it. There's a very glaring massive problem with the Carolina Panthers' right now and it's our inability to effectively pass the football.

It’s def not the play calling, just ask sleepy frank 

1 minute ago, frankw said:

I agree there are multiple factors at play as to why our offense is so bad overall the roster that Fitterer has built and the coaching staff are not helping matters. But you are downplaying the level of not good Bryce Young has been. That's your prerogative but I am in complete disagreement. He's not some mid rounder like Corral or Howell. We are in worst case scenario waters and it's only week 2. He's got to turn things around in some way soon.

There are MASSIVE factors that have hurts our offense - you are downplaying that man - we have a gaping hole on the blind side - we have at best a 3rd WR and no 1st or 2nd - AND we don't even try to throw downfield so the defense sits in 1 safety and blitzes.  You could put Brady in our situation and I guarantee his numbers would be poor.

Again Bryce is in the 2nd game of his career with one of the worst offensive situations possible yet his numbers look similar to Fields or Watson....he has been decent is all I am saying.  I gave specific details how.  Your prerogative if you can't see it