• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gantt says we will let Dwill walk in 2010.

Snake

Probably true. But on the flip side, who's missed more actual game time this year?

Practice time? Stewart easily. Game time though? I'd have to check but I think it's Williams.

There's loads of variables in both situations right now. If all things work out, I'm sure the Panthers would prefer to keep both guys. But no one knows what'll happen, and it's likely to be pretty complicated.

I don't think Stewart missed any games last year or this year. Williams has missed one complete game and been basically knocked out of another.

One thing to point out here. Williams was not as good in his first two years as he is now. He improved significantly and became the back he is now. Stewart is learning and will be a better back next year if all goes well.

IMO, we are lucky to have both, and should keep them together as long as it makes sense from a business perspective.

We broke the bank to keep Pep, Jake, and Gamble this past off season.

If this organization let's Williams walk, instead of paying him....then they have officially lost their ******* minds, the stupidity will show up in glowing lights brighter than the sun being 5 miles from Earth.

dumping jake and pep opens the door for a lot of things to happen.

Gannts point is that it is nearly impossible to keep two studs at any one position. DWill will be in high demand and cost a ton. When you have a guy like Stewart behind him, you may need to let DWill go to bolster other postions.

Not saying I agree with him....but I can see his point.

i'm not disputing different skill sets, or the fact that they compliment each other.

different styles doesn't mean one is more talented than the other.

what i am disputing is williams being better than stewart. if the 2 of them were not on the same team, you'd see them ranked neck and neck amoung the nfl's RBs.

...and that's the dilemma that carolina has. if williams was so much better than stewart, there would be a clear cut choice for carolina. the fact that the run game doesn't skip a beat with either man carrying the load raises questions...and is the basis for the article.

I don't think you have to think about which one is better as long as you keep them both. But if you have to choose one over the other, then you have to decide what you are getting, paying for, and losing in getting rid of Williams since that decision will be made before the one on Stewart is due. And that one won't be before the end of next year unless we extend him early since we can lock him up longterm and give him a big signing bonus without worrying about a cap next year.

Who is better? It is hard to say better but flashy,exciting and big play capable on every carry? Williams has the edge right now.

with an uncapped year ahead, and a sure increase with the new CBA in cap room, I could see where we try to keep Double Trouble around for a while.

Geeez i HOPE SO, this has been a sure fire bright spot for our team every game. Lets not screw a good thing up.

i WILL SAY THOUGH- If Williams goes to another team we will hate it for a LONG time.

HE will get 25-30 carries a game, break records and make highlight reels.

then we all will be sitting around bitching because Stewart is only getting 14 carries a game with Goodson/Sutton splitting the rest...

The fact is Dwill is a very good back that dose not get injured much or Fumble at all. Thats two things you just dont let walk out the Door. You sign Dwill and you give him the money he deserves. You meet the steward bridge when it gets there. Who knows the roles might be reversed at that point they might not. Stewarts Durability is def a big concern though.

We should trade DeAngelo to Cleveland for a few of their many draft picks and maybe Josh Cribbs and a draft pick. He'd get us more picks in return, and we have a very good run-blocking line, which is pretty much the key. Oh yeah, running backs really arent hard to find. Alot of the arguments against letting Williams walk, or better yet trading him for a slew of picks, regardless of whether it would be in the best interest of the team, is because in your opinion, "D-Will's better." Okay, great reasoning.

I'm sure many Steelers fans were very upset Porter was let go in favor or younger, cheaper James Harrison, and the Pats totally got screwed when they traded 30 year old Richard Seymour for another first-round pick and all they had left on the D-line was Ty Warren and Vince Wilfork and some other scrub to hold down the fort in the meantime. Dumb Belichick.:rolleyes:

There are plenty examples of teams letting go of players and going with a cheaper/younger version and being better off for it. Panthers fans are way too emotionally invested in the players on this team.

The fact is Dwill is a very good back that dose not get injured much or Fumble at all. Thats two things you just dont let walk out the Door. You sign Dwill and you give him the money he deserves. You meet the steward bridge when it gets there. Who knows the roles might be reversed at that point they might not. Stewarts Durability is def a big concern though.

I would be more concerned with Williams durability at the moment. But with Deangelo turning 27 in April I wouldnt have a problem with letting him go. Stewart is more than capable of taking over. To me I would rather beef up the oline some more and it wont matter won is your rb as long as they hold onto the ball.

Archived