• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are your best ideas for trade packages to help this team?

Ricky Spanish

3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Trade the rookie QB after two games but build around the dogshit LT who’s good for 20 penalty yards every game and single-handedly ruins drives. Oh and he can’t even touch speed rushers, let alone slow them down. 

“Good value” lol

The LT can play RT or OG and the QB is holding a clipboard but keep on pretending. Maybe if you hold your breath he will be what they sold you...

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

The LT can play RT or OG and the QB is holding a clipboard but keep on pretending. Maybe if you hold your breath he will be what they sold you...

Maybe he’s holding a clipboard bc he’s injured. The LT can’t play LT. His biggest strength is killing drives, but maybe if you hold your breath he won’t false start every other drive. And he might even block somebody  

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

Maybe he’s holding a clipboard bc he’s injured. The LT can’t play LT. His biggest strength is killing drives, but maybe if you hold your breath he won’t false start every other drive. And he might even block somebody  

Lol why would I hold my breath on coaching when that is the problem with the Oline? They hired HC that wanted these changes and here we are. LT was looking good late last year. One of those has succeeded in the NFL and could again. Anyway you look at it the LT is still a better NFL player at this point.

Honestly I think the only viable trade chip is Burns. If you can get a 1st and another day 2 pick, I think you make the move, especially if this team is 0-6 in a few weeks. Personally, I think it's going to be pretty tough to pay all of Burns, Brown, Luvu and Chinn, and I honestly think I'd rather have Brown and Luvu. I just don't see how you can pay all of those defensive players and sign a legit potential WR #1.

This team is clearly at least a year away and maybe you can get more than a 1 and a 2 by trading Burns to a contender at the deadline who wants to go all-in or a team that has a surprise record and wants to capitalize (maybe Washington, they have a ton of cap space in 24). Just going to have to reload at edge rusher with whatever return we get from Burns. We desperately need to invest in the WR room given Thielen is only here likely for another year and then you're left with Mingo and nothing else.

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Beer 2

Realistically, I can see Chinn getting moved.  He's not a fit for this defense.  He's a great player when on the field, but he's just not getting the same amount of play time in this defense.  What could you get?  I have no clue.

I don't like the idea of trading Burns (based on passing last year), Brown (best player on that D), and no one else really looks like a viable asset to another team.

On offense - c'mon - there's no one of real value there.  Everyone has looks like poo, so their trade value is in the toilet.

2 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Honestly I think the only viable trade chip is Burns. If you can get a 1st and another day 2 pick, I think you make the move, especially if this team is 0-6 in a few weeks. Personally, I think it's going to be pretty tough to pay all of Burns, Brown, Luvu and Chinn, and I honestly think I'd rather have Brown and Luvu. I just don't see how you can pay all of those defensive players and sign a legit potential WR #1.

Sadly Chinn is at the point of being paid and still not an established starter at a given spot. That's not on him but coaching and team building. It stinks when you have to let a decently talented player walk because it's payday and they were mis-managed for 4 years. He looked good his rookie year, bad at FS and I don't think they ever let him play SS. Burns and Chinn are the most likely targets, no idea on what they could get for Chinn at this point and I don't know how they pay him moving forward unless he breaks in a good way this year. Brown completely depends on his contract negotiations, he will get paid but I don't know what he expects at this point. If it's decent he would be a good piece moving forward. 

2 minutes ago, d-dave said:

Realistically, I can see Chinn getting moved.  He's not a fit for this defense.  He's a great player when on the field, but he's just not getting the same amount of play time in this defense.  What could you get?  I have no clue.

I don't like the idea of trading Burns (based on passing last year), Brown (best player on that D), and no one else really looks like a viable asset to another team.

On offense - c'mon - there's no one of real value there.  Everyone has looks like poo, so their trade value is in the toilet.

Chinn is not getting anything more than a day 3 pick at this point. Probably a 5th given he's a FA at the end of the year and it's not like the Panthers think so highly of him that they're showcasing him on the field. I'd rather just hang on to him at this point and hope because of injuries they finally play him at ILB close to the line and rebuild his value to the point we get a comp pick if/when he signs elsewhere in FA.

• Beer 1