• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Average time to throw (Spoiler alert: Bryce is 2nd to last)

LinvilleGorge

1 hour ago, Mage said:

Didn't know we put this much stock into 2 games worth of data.  

Tua is the perfect comp. They tried to run him out of Miami. Labeled him a bust. Situation improved around him and now look. 

Josh Allen was trash until Diggs got there. But people want to throw Bryce in the trash after not even having his #1 WR the first two weeks. 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Should we make a thread of nothing but Bryce positivity and pin it? I'm not joking. The folks who only want to see that should have a place for it.

There is a happy medium where every thread isn’t a Stroud predraft thread or already writing off our top pick after 2 games or conspiracy theories about benching him. Most people know he needs work but can also agree it’s a very small sample size.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

There is a happy medium where every thread isn’t a Stroud predraft thread or already writing off our top pick after 2 games or conspiracy theories about benching him. Most people know he needs work but can also agree it’s a very small sample size.

The most fair criticism is that he has not outplayed his situation. Dalton did that yesterday (although he missed a few key throws). But I don’t watch him and see a bad QB. I see a young QB with a lot of talent. 

And speaking of Stroud I haven’t seen a WR on the roster making the plays Tank Dell has been making for him. Mingo has not been that. 

• Pie 4

24 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Should we make a thread of nothing but Bryce positivity and pin it? I'm not joking. The folks who only want to see that should have a place for it.

Let's see. There are about 4 separate threads on the first page re-upping posts from pre-draft workouts and scores to make sweeping judgments on players who haven't finished their first half of the season yet as rookies. 

I rather have people say, that my need to be right is more important than allowing the season to play out  

I don't think anyone would disagree that Bryce isn't playing well 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I’m just upset he’s looked the worst of the three first round rookie QBs. I’m not giving up on him. I want to win games. Once he’s back out there he’ll be cheered on by me. If he has a great performance I’ll support it and if he has a letdown I’ll be critical. 

• Pie 2

Just now, gmonjimbo said:

Let's see. There are about 4 separate threads on the first page re-upping posts from pre-draft workouts and scores to make sweeping judgments on players who haven't finished their first half of the season yet as rookies. 

I rather have people say, that my need to be right is more important than allowing the season to play out  

I don't think anyone would disagree that Bryce isn't playing well 

AceBoogie absolutely disagrees and claims Bryce is playing well. 

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

The most fair criticism is that he has not outplayed his situation. Dalton did that yesterday (although he missed a few key throws). But I don’t watch him and see a bad QB. I see a young QB with a lot of talent. 

And speaking of Stroud I haven’t seen a WR on the roster making the plays Tank Dell has been making for him. Mingo has not been that. 

Agreed, but the WRs haven’t got many chances to make those Tank Dell plays. They had some nice catches with Dalton airing it out. We need to draw up some plays where Young gives the WR a chance on some deep routes and the Vikings would be a good start. 

5 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Tua is the perfect comp. They tried to run him out of Miami. Labeled him a bust. Situation improved around him and now look. 

Josh Allen was trash until Diggs got there. But people want to throw Bryce in the trash after not even having his #1 WR the first two weeks. 

zach wilson was garbage until garret wilson got there...........oh wait..........there are literal hundreds of examples either way which makes this a foolish exercise.   His play is his play and thats all we have to go on right now

• Pie 1

Everyone wants BY to succeed. Far to say most are worried that he's played the worst of the 3 top QBs, all with new coaches and new systems. Also probably fair to say Fitts evaluation of picks and trades/no trades is suspect to say the least and our 200 years of NFL experience has resulted thus far in a offense that looks behind Matt Rhule's. 

Winning fixes a lot, but we ain't winning and unless poo changes soon, it's gonna be a while. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Varking said:

I’m just upset he’s looked the worst of the three first round rookie QBs. I’m not giving up on him. I want to win games. Once he’s back out there he’ll be cheered on by me. If he has a great performance I’ll support it and if he has a letdown I’ll be critical. 

Critical is fair and fine. Overreacting calling him a bust and making up a theory for a “soft” benching is extreme. So is bumping every Stroud thread. 

• Pie 3

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Critical is fair and fine. Overreacting calling him a bust and making up a theory for a “soft” benching is extreme. So is bumping every Stroud thread. 

Where has anyone called him a bust? I've legitimately not seen it.

Some folks are just reacting like discussing about his subpar play is akin to slander and it's honestly just absurd.

Just now, ForJimmy said:

I bumped the old stroud thread because another user brought it up. I didn’t realize that was going to start a chain reaction if old posts. So I’m sorry for that. I’m not familiar with the soft benching theory but if it’s from the game day thread about him not being for real hurt I don’t think I wrote anything of the sort.