• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Even more pressure numbers (not for the weak stomach)

ncfan

Just one more game until Austin Corbett comes back... 🤞

This season will still be a bumpy ride with three of the eleven offensive starters being rookies (QB, WR, LG). Combine that with the defense that looks more like a hospital ward every week that goes by and we're likely going to be seeing a lot more meltdowns here before the end of the year. 

Edited by Icege

Just now, Icege said:

This season will still be a bumpy ride with three of the eleven offensive starters being rookies (QB, WR, LG). Combine that with the defense that's every week looking more like a hospital ward and we're likely going to see a lot more meltdowns before the end of the year. 

He’s eligible to come back then.

but do we know if he is ready?  I haven’t heard any updates lately.

I haven't given up on Icky or Horn, but I think it's interesting...

...both drafts we had the opportunity to pick the absolute best CB and LT.

We could have picked Patrick Sertain but we chose Horn. He's great when he's available, but we can't rely on his health.

Then we could have picked Cross, the clear top pass protector, but we chose Icky because he has pancaked some dudes. And he's been weird so far this season. 

Hey, sometimes the scouts are wrong, but it's almost like we deliberately went against the grain.

Edited by 96Bravo
Correction

4 hours ago, Varking said:

And yet...

361 yards, 2 TDs, 0 turnovers for Dalton. 

Dalton balled out Sunday in Seattle. It will be the best thing for the team to say Young is not ready to go and Andy will be starting. Might be best to put him on IR as they did with Corral last year. At least our tackles won't be "False Starting" since the crowd will be silent when we have the ball. They will be able to hear the snap count. 

• Poo 1

4 hours ago, csx said:

another who missed his point

he wasn't suggesting this is a good thing. He was pointing out that an experienced QB can still do a little something when there's pressure. Which is going to happen in the NFL

A hell of a lot easier when you’re playing a trash defense that’s missing guys. 

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, 96Bravo said:

We could have picked Patrick Sertain but we chose Horn. He's great when he's available, but we can't rely on his health.

Then we could have picked Cross, the clear top pass protector, but we chose Icky because he has pancaked some dudes. And he's been weird so far this season. 

Hey, sometimes the scouts are wrong, but it's almost like we deliberately went against the grain.

Did Surtain play in that 70 point blow out?  I hope he wasn't the one trying to cover Hill.  Cross struggled last year as well and has missed 2 out of the 3 games this year with an injury.  Icky was also ranked higher than Cross by most people.  I can't hate them for either of those picks.  Horn's injuries are just bad luck and Icky was the higher ranked prospect.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2

12 minutes ago, 96Bravo said:

Horn is constant soft tissue injury and Ickey is not playing in the scheme he was drafted for or the one Wilks put into place that he looked good in. One is luck and the other is on teambuilding/schemes. I'm not sure Ickey can make it in the current scheme long term but maybe. Or they could change the scheme since most of these guys excelled in what worked last year. Horn is looking like it just won't change at this point so that really is a coinflip. Most of the grind there was from the players everyone else wanted that went on to stud and him landing in the spot he has. 

These scouts have had a lot of wrong lately but Ickey can play better but it might not be for us if the trainwreck continues. 

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Icky was also ranked higher than Cross by most people. 

Well that's clearly not true. Icky was usually ranked 2nd or 3rd. Pretty much always behind Cross. Granted, Cross isn't the run-blocker Icky is.

And...c'mon Sertain is already All Pro and stays relatively healthy. 

49 minutes ago, Icege said:

This season will still be a bumpy ride with three of the eleven offensive starters being rookies (QB, WR, LG). Combine that with the defense that looks more like a hospital ward every week that goes by and we're likely going to be seeing a lot more meltdowns here before the end of the year. 

Corbett back will make life a lot easier for Bose. He would only have to worry about LG instead of both guards. I like Zavala long term at LG, but I think it will be rough for some time yet.

23 minutes ago, 96Bravo said:

Well that's clearly not true. Icky was usually ranked 2nd or 3rd. Pretty much always behind Cross. Granted, Cross isn't the run-blocker Icky is.

And...c'mon Sertain is already All Pro and stays relatively healthy. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/rankings/_/year/2022

Neal and Icky were the top 2. Cross was the 3rd ranked OT.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/rankings/_/year/2022

Neal and Icky were the top 2. Cross was the 3rd ranked OT.

Ihttps://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/positions/OT/1/2022

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-top-2022-nfl-draft-rankings-offensive-tackles-evan-neal-ikem-ekwonu-charles-cross-trevor-penning

My question to you is which of the three were considered the best pass protector?