• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers actively shopping for a WR

ncfan

15 minutes ago, Varking said:

I hated losing DJ. I just assumed anyone who was pitching this idea that having Chark, AT, Mingo and TMJ for a rookie was better than having DJ was just trying to cope and make it ok in their head because it was a stupid trade to give up your best rookie QB help to draft a rookie QB. If this season was all about a rookie QBs development we should have traded a defender in that deal to the Bears, not a WR. 

This. If there's anything that the remaining Panthers fanbase has to be proficient in it's coping.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. Meanwhile, look at our franchise history at WR. It has been a constant struggle for us. Once you get past Smitty, Moose, and DJ who would you even put as our #4 WR in franchise history. It just gets sad after those three. Purely by the numbers Mark Carrier would be our #4 WR with 2547 yards. That's right. The 4th leading WR in franchise history produced barely over 2500 receiving yards for us. Meanwhile you have Fitts acting like he can find WRs on the couch while the two guys he spent 2nd round picks on look like guys who will be on the couch soon.

I can’t believe how bad Mingo looks

Gone are the days where it takes a couple of years for a WR to make an impact. The amount of reps/football these WR/CB’s are getting in camps these days kids are more ready than ever to make instant impacts at those positions. 

Mingo looks f’n lost out there. Either he’s literally stinks or this coaching staff has no idea what they’re doing. I think it falls somewhere in the middle but doesn’t look good for Mingo

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I can’t believe how bad Mingo looks

Gone are the days where it takes a couple of years for a WR to make an impact. The amount of reps/football these WR/CB’s are getting in camps these days kids are more ready than ever to make instant impacts at those positions. 

Mingo looks f’n lost out there. Either he’s literally stinks or this coaching staff has no idea what they’re doing. I think it falls somewhere in the middle but doesn’t look good for Mingo

My concern is that he looks just like TMJ. I just think this organization really sucks at evaluating the WR position and always has. In the last 9 drafts we've taken 6 WRs in either the 1st or 2nd round. Other than DJ Moore we've simply made terrible choices.

• Pie 2

This is why I wanted to wait until next draft for the QB.  The cabinets were nearly bare on the offensive side of the ball except the OL.  Why bring a rookie QB into that situation?  We should have built the supporting cast this year and then dropped in the rookie QB.

• Pie 3

Just now, 45catfan said:

This is why I wanted to wait until next draft for the QB.  The cabinets were nearly bare on the offensive side of the ball except the OL.  Why bring a rookie QB into that situation?  We should have built the supporting cast this year and then dropped in the rookie QB.

conviction

build a roster to drop a qb into

something something something

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My concern is that he looks just like TMJ. I just think this organization really sucks at evaluating the WR position and always has. In the last 9 drafts we've taken 6 WRs in either the 1st or 2nd round. Other than DJ Moore we've simply made terrible choices.

I’m not sure this organization is good at evaluating any position to be honest 

4-3 Linebackers lol?

The least valuable position

• Pie 2

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

conviction

build a roster to drop a qb into

something something something

Impatience. More so on the owner's side than even the fan base I would think.  Trying to force something to happen can make a bad situation worse in some instances

• Pie 1