• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Cries

Panthers Fan 69

22 minutes ago, emhoward said:

I don't view crying as no more a red flag than throwing a tantrum, or skipping a press conference or doing any of the things Cam was accused of. Bryce may bust, but linking his on field tears to some frailty of mind that's throws up a red flag, is as much of a reach as linking Cam's "emotions" after a loss to his lack of leadership or whatever dog whistles people were using at the time. 

There is a part of our fan based that is fuging stupid. Earlier this week a huddler basically said Bryce was weak because he allegedly went to therapy at Bama, which itself was a misrepresentation of a larger story of Bama pushing therapy for its players as a whole. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, I feel for the guy. I really do. I honestly think he's just facing the stark reality that he's now playing at a level that his physical toolset might just be an obstacle he can't overcome. If you physically can't make the throws there's really nothing you can do about it. You either can or you can't.

Don't know how you come away with that being the take when every player on the offense looks out of place...no one looks good which suggest its systemic 

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

I agree.  And despite my very vocal, harsh criticisms, it's not his fault.  He seems like a good kid and who wouldn't want to be drafted as high as possible?  But man, it's tough to feel too bad for him because somewhere along the way, he had to know he wasn't worthy of that pick.  But if I'm him, what am I gonna do?  Tell the team don't pick me?  He's rich beyond measure and will likely have a great announcing gig when he's done playing, but it just sucks to be the team on the receiving end of a scam that so many "non-football" people were onto long before the pick was made.

I got roundly mocked pre-draft for questioning his physical ability to make the throws at the NFL level and to escape NFL defenders. Watching him on college it was very obvious that his arm was NFL average at very best and was likely below average.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Daniel Mullaly said:

Horseshit. I just looked at the replay and he’s not crying. He looks upset, but not crying. Nope. 

The Bryce haters are obsessed with infantilizing Bryce, I think in large part to his size. They want to paint him as weak and feeble in every manner possible.

Thats not say Bryce should not be criticized for his mistakes, but poo is disrespectful and stupid. 

• Pie 7

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, I feel for the guy. I really do. I honestly think he's just facing the stark reality that he's now playing at a level that his physical toolset might just be an obstacle he can't overcome. If you physically can't make the throws there's really nothing you can do about it. You either can or you can't.

As I posted earlier, I just want to see him try to make something happen. Did we have a pass that traveled more than 20 yards in the air today?

Why can't we start a drive going deep on a playaction pass on first down instead of running up the middle for 1 or 2 yards?

I'd like to see Mingo and Marshall Jr running more crossing routes to get them involved and pick up some YAC. 

If Bryce has limitations in the traditional pocket, let's call some  bootleg throws; move the pocket help him see better down the field. 

Go back to his college tape and install the plays he feels most comfortable with. 

Build an offense tailored to what he does best.

Edited by SCO96

Just now, MGH1989 said:

The Bryce haters are obsessed with infantilizing Bryce, I think in large part to his size. They want to paint him as weak and feeble in every manner possible.

Thats not say Bryce should not be criticized for his mistakes, but poo is disrespectful and stupid. 

Nice To Meet You Nicolas Cage GIF by Nordisk Film Finland

Just now, MGH1989 said:

There are a lot of grown up children on this board

And to be clear, I'm not making light of him crying or showing emotion.  That's an archaic and outdated detrimental expectation of men.  I cried over sports.  Michael Jordan cried over sports.  Cam cried and was demonstrative over sports.  Nothing wrong with it.

I think what's alarming is that this guy has been so heavily publicized and held up for his mental toughness and "super processing", and paired with everything he's showing on the field, he appears to be the complete antithesis of those things and he doesn't seem to know how to handle any of it.

• Flames 1