• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another hypothetical....

Zod

I don't think anyone is really suggesting Davidson should be our head coach. Hence the "hypothetical" in the title. It's just an "if given the choice" sort of question.

I still don't think Davidson has shown much, and I think it would be a horrible idea to promote him as head coach. For the record, though, I don't know that Meeks has what it takes either.

I'm of the opinion that coordinators should be promoted after fielding one of the league's best offenses or defenses, preferably for a couple of years at least. I don't think either Davidson or Meeks has done that yet.

Still, I think Meeks has done more with less time here, so I'll go with Meeks.

Depends of what you call a top offense. We have had a top 5 rushing offense which is what they have been shooting for, for years. And overall the offense has put up big points in games Jake or Moore have played well. Plus I am of the opinion that Davidson's offense would be better if Fox didn't overrule his playcalling sometime. I think he is a better coordinator than he has been allowed to be.

Meeks has done well which is why he should stay in the position. No telling his replacement will be better given we won't go to an all out blitz attack like Philly.

Given the roles of an offensive ccordinator versus a head coach, why would he horrible?

I'd make Meeks HC and DC with Davidson as OC. Kinda like in "Remember the Titans". (Although I think the roles were reversed and the HC was the OC. But you get my drift.)

I'm with Zod and Jansen in that I like Meeks fire and intensity on the sidelines.

Now if we could get "Sunshine" to play QB. :D

Between the two I would promote Davidson and let him hire Weiss as OC. Make Meeks DC and assistant head coach. Problem solved. Funny the opinions now. When I suggested making Davidson head coach if Fox left a week or two ago, I was lambasted by the Fox and Davidson haters. 5 quarters of good offense and now everything is great. The pendulum swings pretty fast around here.

While ridiculous, that's the way it should be. Being critical and objective of the team is helpful.

Between the two I would promote Davidson and let him hire Weiss as OC. Make Meeks DC and assistant head coach. Problem solved. Funny the opinions now. When I suggested making Davidson head coach if Fox left a week or two ago, I was lambasted by the Fox and Davidson haters. 5 quarters of good offense and now everything is great. The pendulum swings pretty fast around here.

Dont blow yourself yet. This is just a hypothetical thread with just 2 options. Not like we are freely picking Davidson.

Archived