• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Open Window Throw Selection & Accuracy for QBs so far

Icege

13 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

According to Steve Smith it was almost completely different with new route combinations 

Yeah that’s so dumb. Let Young throw all over the field and learn what he can/can’t throw in the NFL. It’s not like we are a playoff contender this year. open up that playbook and let him make some mistakes. 

7 minutes ago, joemac said:

There is a big difference between trusting a Dalton type player for 1 game, which we lost by the way, than completely throwing your hands up and giving up on your first overall pick QB.  Despite what some here want you to think, Bryce is not playing terribly.  He has not completely poo the bed yet, and we have not gotten blown out in any of his 3 starts.  I think we all would like more points to be scored, but the simple fact is that we are 3 games in.  Bryce, and us fans, are going to have to take our lumps while he learns on the job.  Its that simple. 

The fans have taken lumps for 6 straight years. Its hard to listen to be patient when 3 other rookie coaches are showing significant signs of getting it together and we're plodding along.

If you don't trust BY to make those throws, why is he starting? Limiting your playbook to help your QB only helps the defense. We can't run because defenses don't respect the deep ball. Our oline is playing like poo, no doubt, and that is a huge problem, probably the biggest if we're being honest, and playcalling isn't far behind. I'm not saying BY may not end up being good, I hope to hell he is. But right now, you have to play to win and if that's Dalton, so be it. Either win, or Frank and Fitts can both GTFO. 

16 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah that’s so dumb. Let Young throw all over the field and learn what he can/can’t throw in the NFL. It’s not like we are a playoff contender this year. open up that playbook and let him make some mistakes. 

Yea it's bad. Go watch the all 22 if you can. I just rewatched the game after listening to Steve talk about it and yea... the difference is night and day. It's quite insane actually. 

It looks like they don't trust Bryce to throw deep or much of anything else gameplan wise. That only changes once they absolutely have to get yards. 

Edited by carpanfan96

2 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

That I'm not surprised about at all. He's gotten sacked a ton on scrambles,  gave up two huge fumbles and hasn't made a lot of positive impact while doing it. 

Yea, that's a definite. One of the knocks on him was that he wasn't going to be able to do all of the running around behind the LOS that he did at Bama due to NFL defenders being on another level.

However, he has had plays that he's extended where we did see some of that magic. Figuring out what he can/can't get away with in the NFL is going to take time.

Hopefully the OL will settle and not keep him under constant pressure. He's facing quick pressure often as seen below.

3 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I'm legit trying to think of his deep throws.  Week 1 he had two, one was an overthrow (100% on him) and 2 was TMJ quitting on his route (not really his fault, but inconclusive).  I know last week he had one and he was hit as he threw it.  So yeah he hasn't been accurate on those 3 passes, 1 due to getting hit (bad OL), 1 on his WR not finishing his route, and 3 on him overthrowing it.  I can't think of many more if any deep attempts.  

Which is what I sort of originally asked: is it worth having him on the chart at all when it’s basically so few attempts?

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Yea it's bad. Go watch the all 22 if you can. I just rewatched the game after listening to Steve talk about it and yea... the difference is night and day. It's quite insane actually. 

It looks like they don't trust Bryce to throw deep or much of anything else gameplan wise. That only changes once they absolutely have to get yards. 

Yeah put him in a shitty spot in 3rd and long when the defense knows it's coming.