• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB School - Bryce Young vs Vikings

Coheed

19 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Yea it's funny to me people want to put all the offenses issues on our rookie QB. No run game, oline having issues protecting, wrs not getting consistent separation, and of course the rookie mistakes that Bryce makes. And every mistake he makes is magnified times 10 and exaggerated by people on this board who I thought had a good football acumen. But that's what happens when people get blinded by emotion it is what it is. 

Start threatening defenses vertically and watch some of these issues start resolving. When you allow defenses to not have to cover behind 20 yards offense is really tough. Yeah, Zavala is trash though and he needs to be on the bench and it should've already happened.

When you make this trade this is the pressure you put on the guy you take. It's not fair to Bryce but it is what it is. We made the decision that he could make up for the deficiencies we were going to have giving up those resources and assets.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The portion of the video the poster specifically mentioned. Watch it.

But that’s not what he said. He said the biggest takeaway of the video. You can say Bryce didn’t read a play correctly and not jump to the conclusion that he’s not making the right reads.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Start threatening defenses vertically and watch some of these issues start resolving. When you allow defenses to not have to cover behind 20 yards offense is really tough. Yeah, Zavala is trash though and he needs to be on the bench and it should've already happened.

When you make this trade this is the pressure you put on the guy you take. It's not fair to Bryce but it is what it is. We made the decision that he could make up for the deficiencies we were going to have giving up those resources and assets.

Regardless of what they said unless everything aligned perfectly we weren't going to the playoffs this year. Not with the injuries we've had to key players. I forget what game it was but our oline last year came along very slowly. It wasn't until Bozeman got to play that our line finally started to click. I imagine once Corbett comes back from injury the line play should improve, hopefully drastically.

Listen, the jury is still out on Bryce. No I am not 100% sold he is going to be able to be the franchise Qb we need him to be and worthy of all the assets we gave up to get him, however expecting him to make gourmet food with dog poo ingredients is a bit unreasonable. If he continues to miss throws deep from a clean pocket and continues turning the ball over I will be right there with you guys asking for some sort of change. But not yet. It's way too early and with the way this oline, rbs, and wrs have performed so far he has yet to have a real chance to lead this team.

It sucks to be staring down the barrel of another wasted season. But you can't blame Reich and Young for what previous teams did or did not do. That's not fair to them they should have a clean slate. If losing this year while taking our lumps and going through the growing pains of being a young team is what's needed for future success then so be it. But I would wager once our oline gets its poo together Bryce will be able to show what he's capable of and then we will learn if we have a gamer at Qb or Pickles 2.0. Too soon to tell though.

2 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

You think the biggest takeaway from that video is that Bryce is missing reads? I watched that video in its entirety and if that’s the takeaway y’all are failing the test. 

Sorry should have specified it was MY biggest takeaway. I’ve watched all 3 QB School videos so far and there is evidence of this in every one. Just so happens JT goes into detail about it specifically in this most recent video.

When teams are practically begging you to beat them deep whether it’s single man 1v1 coverage or leaving no safety help over the top you have to make the defense pay. It’s the only way you will get teams to respect you and not crowd the line of scrimmage every play.