• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 5 NFL games

Jackie Lee

Just now, PNW_PantherMan said:

Fields also has a rocket arm to grow into.  It’s not like they’re the same prospect.

Taller, significantly faster, significantly stronger arm, etc. they aren’t similar. Again, Fields threw two passes that if Bryce tried them they are going the other way. Zip is a difference maker and it won them the game tonight late. And Howell took hits tonight that Bryce doesn’t spin off of and keep going. 

• Beer 1

Just now, carpanfan96 said:

Yea but there's at least 4 throws that fields made to Moore that Young simply can't make at all. Like no chance in heck he even attempts them. 

How do you know he can't make them? Is he throwing to a DJ Moore on our team? Justin Fields knock was that he can't read a defense, holds on to the ball too long, can't see the field. You give him DJ Moore and all of a sudden he can do that? Fields QBR rating was a perfect 158.3 when throwing to Moore. The difference maker is Moore, not because Fields has all world talent

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

It has one choice.  Open up the offense for Young. Let him attempt these passes, let me make turnovers and we will know what we have by year end.  Protecting him is hindering him and any chance of development.  Open it up and let Bryce do what he wants to do,.

We have to just let loose

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not talking about running, bro.

You're clinging to hope that Bryce can throw deep and fit balls into tight windows. Where's the proof? I saw throws every single drive tonight that Bryce Young simply hasn't shown the ability to make. That's just the sad reality.

Meh. People have been talking poo about Fields all along, have you? I think QBs should be given time before making definitive statements about QBs. You have to take the number of games played (preferably at least a season). Miss me with talking poo about QBs after a season, much less three games, particularly without considering context. Tonight should've taught you that if nothing else.

• Pie 1

Just now, CarolinaRideorDie said:

How do you know he can't make them? Is he throwing to a DJ Moore on our team? Justin Fields knock was that he can't read a defense, holds on to the ball too long, can't see the field. You give him DJ Moore and all of a sudden he can do that? Fields QBR rating was a perfect 158.3 when throwing to Moore. The difference maker is Moore, not because Fields has all world talent

He doesn’t have the same level of velocity. At the speed in which Bryce throws that last pass to DJ gets picked because it doesn’t get there in time. 

• Pie 1

Just now, CarolinaRideorDie said:

No the throw itself. Young couldn't make them.  Field has a cannon and barely completed the two to Moore. Young throws those passes and they are picked off. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, lightsout said:

This team has a choice. 

You turn the offense loose with Bryce or you start Dalton.

This half measure of trotting out Bryce with his My First Playbook by Fisher Price is just not cutting it.

I think it’s the other brand. Little Tikes is more fitting

IMG_1472.jpeg

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

The team doesn't think he can.. why they changed route combinations for him compared to the normal offense.  

Normal offense would have similar route combinations that the team used in Seattle. 

It's so blatantly obvious that Steve Smith said the team has an issue because of it after the Seattle game. 

I'm not so sure it's the team, as much as it is Frank Reich. Young has hardly had a chance to show anything. I've seen several analysts now who have intimated that Reich just doesn't believe in Young, and that's why there was a difference in Lumen Field.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

I'm not so sure it's the team, as much as it is Frank Reich. Young has hardly had a chance to show anything. I've seen several analysts now who have intimated that Reich just doesn't believe in Young, and that's why there was a difference in Lumen Field.

Honestly, it feels like I’m watching Chicago make a ton of missteps in Fields development all over again here in Carolina in the form of Bryce and I do feel bad for him. 

1 minute ago, Varking said:

He doesn’t have the same level of velocity. At the speed in which Bryce throws that last pass to DJ gets picked because it doesn’t get there in time. 

How do you know that his velocity is faster than Bryce with that single throw? Are you there to measure it with a radar speed gun? C'mon, it's just subjective at this point to say that it looks faster on tv. 

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You might be right, I'm still of the belief that he didn't want Young in the draft.  

Still trying to figure out if it was Tepper that over ruled him and Fitt or if it was Fitt and tepper that did it. 

13 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

He's played 3 games and has been under pressure at a historic rate and you want him to go out there and throw for 350 yards a game lol...its unrealistic expectations at this current point in time for our offense, but I know I'm just preaching to the choir at this point.

Howell is on track to be sacked more than David Carr was as a rookie, but continue on.