• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeudy is the most realistic option says PFF (& bye-bye to Burns)

top dawg

I think it's ill-advised to trade day one or two draft capital for Jerry Jeudy, but I could be talked into trading Burns, getting Jeudy and recouping some draft capital. For me, Hunter Rendrow is a nonstarter unless he comes for a bag of chips, and Marquise Brown doesn't excite me. A Jeudy trade involving Burns makes a lot of sense if we want to do this. We'd just have to give up way too much draft capital for Tee Higgins. We should've included Brandon Aiyuk in the CMC trade. Frisco ain't letting him go now. Jeudy is the most realistic option that provides the most potential for an impact this season.

"This is our pick for the most realistic and mutually beneficial trade option for all parties if Carolina wants to truly make a splash, while also perhaps adding draft capital instead of losing it, but that’s not to say we expect it. Jeudy has a very manageable $12.987 million 2024 fifth-year option, and Carolina would have the ability to either extend him off a strong half-season or see things through for another year."

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-carolina-panthers-wide-receiver-trade-candidates-jerry-jeudy-hunter-renfrow

I actually think that Bryce would be helped by adding a route runner extraordinaire. Jeudy on one side with Thielen in the slot and Chark or Mingo on the outside and a 2024 first round pick isn't the worst thing, especially considering that we aren't likely reaching an agreement with Burns. 

• Pie 4

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I actually think that Bryce would be helped by adding a route runner extraordinaire. Jeudy on one side with Thielen in the slot and Chark or Mingo on the outside and a 2024 first round pick isn't the worst thing, especially considering that we aren't likely reaching an agreement with Burns. 

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade…

Edited by bythenbrs

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we trade Burns for Jeudy when Burns could've simply been included in the trade package to the Bears instead of DJ Moore the mocking of Tepper and Fitterer should never stop.

Do they even have a 1st to package into that deal?

I'd put Jeudy in roughly the same tier of WR as a guy like Chark.  Talented, has shown he can be a good receiver, but is ultimately injury prone.  And we got Chark in the offseason for a modest price, rather than trading assets.  I mean, even their injury analytics (for what it's worth) look nearly identical.  Jeudy looks like he's on the road to becoming part cyborg on that left side.

And while I'm in agreement on needing WR help, this feels like an impulsive over-correction.  Trading away DJ Moore and then quickly scrambling to trade for someone who can maybe replace his role.  Feels similar to 2016 when we let Josh Norman go and then scrambled to draft back to back corners in the draft to hopefully replace him.  We got fortunate with Bradberry, but it was still a move reeking of desperation.

image.png.8576532aaa75b7ddc2ab23298f56fd1c.png

image.png.da11a5178d5295f24a4a1058e859cbd6.png

• Pie 5

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Do they even have a 1st to package into that deal?

I don't know. But you'd have to get more from the Broncos than just Jeudy. If we made this trade straight up o gotta try to find a way to get press credentials for a day. I would absolutely publicly humiliate Fitterer for suggesting that DJ Moore caliber WRs are easier to find than Brian Burns caliber pass rushers after he traded Burns straight up for a lesser WR than DJ Moore. Explain that, please.

• Flames 2

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't know. But you'd have to get more from the Broncos than just Jeudy. If we made this trade straight up o gotta try to find a way to get press credentials for a day. I would absolutely publicly humiliate Fitterer for suggesting that DJ Moore caliber WRs are easier to find than Brian Burns caliber pass rushers after he traded Burns straight up for a lesser WR than DJ Moore. Explain that, please.

I hope the non-locals do anyways. I get the locals having to backdown a little but the others should be tearing into these people. 'Do pointguards score many TDs either' or 'Does you wife have any work history that would qualify her to help in the hiring or drafting processes' or hell 'Is any one on the hotseat for drafting a guy who is so physically limited'. That would be fun 

The biggest downfall of this team has been thinking so short sighted for a rebuilding team. We have never been a player short of a playoff team in recent years, we needed to hold assets and play the long game. But every fuging year our front office convinced themselves it’s a must win year. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, shaq said:

The biggest downfall of this team has been thinking so short sighted for a rebuilding team. We have never been a player short of a playoff team in recent years, we needed to hold assets and play the long game. But every fuging year our front office convinced themselves it’s a must win year. 

They don't think any of this is rebuilding. They never have. It's a move to win now which is why it looks so bad.

You don't trade that much away and are able to call it a rebuild.

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

If we trade Burns for Jeudy straight up…man

This is what worries me. Pick 36 (a good rookie TD) and two more 1sts we turn down but we do Jeudy or some other non-elite WR for Burns? FML, time to root for the Bills again and CMC/DJ.