• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeudy is NOT a #1 WR

tukafan21

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

Folks who didn't think DJ Moore was a #1 are advocating for Jeudy to save us.

Ohh wee mayne.

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Oh now you want to poo posts@top dawg

Super weak my guy.

It was a sh¡t-worthy post meant to troll. That's weak, my dude. Stop trying to act like you're 100 percent right about your opinions. We both know it's not true. Moore is in his sixth year and is having a great start to the year. Is he Jefferson, Chase, Diggs? Maybe he's turned the corner. Great for him.

Jeudy is in his fourth year and has unfortunately suffered injuries. Of course, this ain't really about Moore vs. Jeudy. The best thing would've been to keep Moore and probably draft Justin Fields (which I thought we were going to do). That being said, we're in the situation that we're in. Moore is gone, Jeudy has recently been shopped, Burns is going to be prohibitively expensive and remains unsigned, and we could use draft picks to try and make the best of a fuged up situation. I'm good if it happens depending on the compensation, and I'm good if it doesn't. Jeudy is young with upside who will only cost 13 mil next season. 

Now go back to low-key hating Bryce.

Just now, top dawg said:

It was a sh¡t-worthy post meant to troll. That's weak, my dude. Stop trying to act like you're 100 percent right about your opinions. We both know it's not true. Moore is in his sixth year and is having a great start to the year. Is he Jefferson, Chase, Diggs? Maybe he's turned the corner. Great for him.

Jeudy is in his fourth year and has unfortunately suffered injuries. Of course, this ain't really about Moore vs. Jeudy. The best thing would've been to keep Moore and probably draft Justin Fields (which I thought we were going to do). That being said, we're in the situation that we're in. Moore is gone, Jeudy has recently been shopped, Burns is going to be prohibitively expensive and remains unsigned, and we could use draft picks to try and make the best of a fuged up situation. I'm good if it happens depending on the compensation, and I'm good if it doesn't. Jeudy is young with upside who will only cost 13 mil next season. 

Now go back to low-key hating Bryce.

Brother we both know your takes on Moore weren't just a couple short posts and that's it. You spent months telling us he was not a #1. I went back and forth with you many a time. I respect your posting and you're a cool guy don't mistake a little extra ribbing for hating. If you feel I'm going overboard be straight up and I'll drop it.

If Jeudy is our only option I'll take him but my gut says that probably ends up like another Robbie Anderson situation. If he's unhappy in Denver we are as volatile or worse in comparison we've been floundering for almost 5 years now.

Bringing Young into this is reaching and you know it. And furthermore after all your posts about Moore not being this and not being that despite him actually putting up big numbers with mediocre QB's calling me a hater is rich. Moore had proven plenty when you made those posts about him Bryce hasn't. You can do better than that man.

23 minutes ago, frankw said:

Brother we both know your takes on Moore weren't just a couple short posts and that's it. You spent months telling us he was not a #1. I went back and forth with you many a time. I respect your posting and you're a cool guy don't mistake a little extra ribbing for hating. If you feel I'm going overboard be straight up and I'll drop it.

If Jeudy is our only option I'll take him but my gut says that probably ends up like another Robbie Anderson situation. If he's unhappy in Denver we are as volatile or worse in comparison we've been floundering for almost 5 years now.

Bringing Young into this is reaching and you know it. And furthermore after all your posts about Moore not being this and not being that despite him actually putting up big numbers with mediocre QB's calling me a hater is rich. Moore had proven plenty when you made those posts about him Bryce hasn't. You can do better than that man.

I have never hated Moore. I have never gone on about Moore. If asked a question, I answered it. You act like Moore was all I ever posted about, and how bad he was. What I have always said about Moore is that he needs to be more consistent and score more to be considered a top tier receiver in the league, or a WR1. I've always said that. I also said that he needed to work on his route running. It all appears to be coming together, but it's going to take more than a few games to make me believe that he's finally turned the corner. Sorry (not sorry) if that doesn't jibe with your sensibilities. I was never a Moore hater, and for you to suggest otherwise is simply untrue, but do you and put on your show. 

As for QBs, that's what most WR1s do, even with average QBs, true WR1s produce consistently at a high level. Fields hasn't looked the greatest this season, or last or the one before that, but DJ has helped his stock go back up to such a degree that some are saying the Bears might keep him. Too bad that didn't work down here for Darnold. He's always been a good receiver, just not a great one perhaps until now. There is a difference between good and great. Smitty was great, and as a Carolina Panther, probably our only great one. If you don't agree, we'll, you just don't.

Edited by top dawg

9 minutes ago, Mogwai89 said:

We are the only team that trades away our #1 receiver.  Panthers should be going after a guy like Aiyuk and when I say like I mean Aiyuk

That would be nice, but I don't see them letting Aiyuk go, nor do I see him being too happy to come under the present circumstances. But, you never know. I think any notion of obtaining him had to be in the calculus of the CMC trade (and that ship has sailed a long time ago).

Honestly, we're likely going to have to draft a true WR1. We'll see. Moreover, I haven't given up on Mingo. With most guys, things take time.

At the end of the day, we were desperate. That's why we traded our one.

Edited by top dawg

Well.... Honestly, if the Broncos want to move him they will end up having to sell him and a draft pick.  No one is taking on a 13 million straight up guaranteed cap hit for a marginal player without getting something in return or at least having Denver eat some of that number.  Old Russ's contract is going to fugg that team for a good while going forward.  Better off trying to grab Hollywood Brown.  At least we know he is fast.

How has Jeudy been affected by the offensive suck in Denver though?

If we excuse our own players for having poo coaching, scheme, and surrounding talent…then is it unfair to view Jeudy from the same lens?

Perhaps that can be answered by anyone who watches Denver consistently in here.

Maybe he legit doesn’t have the talent, but let’s at least be consistent.

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

I have never hated Moore. I have never gone on about Moore. If asked a question, I answered it. You act like Moore was all I ever posted about, and how bad he was. What I have always said about Moore is that he needs to be more consistent and score more to be considered a top tier receiver in the league, or a WR1. I've always said that. I also said that he needed to work on his route running. It all appears to be coming together, but it's going to take more than a few games to make me believe that he's finally turned the corner. Sorry (not sorry) if that doesn't jibe with your sensibilities. I was never a Moore hater, and for you to suggest otherwise is simply untrue, but do you and put on your show. 

As for QBs, that's what most WR1s do, even with average QBs, true WR1s produce consistently at a high level. Fields hasn't looked the greatest this season, or last or the one before that, but DJ has helped his stock go back up to such a degree that some are saying the Bears might keep him. Too bad that didn't work down here for Darnold. He's always been a good receiver, just not a great one perhaps until now. There is a difference between good and great. Smitty was great, and as a Carolina Panther, probably our only great one. If you don't agree, we'll, you just don't.

We aren't going to see eye to eye that's okay. But the Panthers history speaks for itself. In all these years our two best wide receivers were Steve Smith and Moose. Moore was possibly working his way into the conversation if he could ever get a real QB to work with. Fields has been up and down and at times downright awful but his potential has always been much higher than Sam Darnold. We should be ashamed for saddling Moore with that bum after having years of tape of him being terrible in NY with the Jets.

Going back to our receiving history if we are being honest man it's not looking good that we are going to back our way into another DJ Moore anytime soon. Remember how many years it was when we were hoping whichever WR we drafted would just morph into a #1? We have so many duds and almost no hits. One of our greatest receivers was a TE (Olsen).

If we have any chance of redeeming ourselves from this mess it's going to require a full housecleaning and the Tepper's to remove themselves from the picture and stop meddling. But that doesn't seem likely.

Never liked Jeudy's game and always felt he was overhyped, and those stats bear that out...  but the fact people are acting like Chark is just yesterday's garbage because Bryce can't get him the ball really blows my mind.

Chark is more of a number 1 than Jeudy, by a lot.  We don't need receivers.  We need better playcalling and QB play.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Never liked Jeudy's game and always felt he was overhyped, and those stats bear that out...  but the fact people are acting like Chark is just yesterday's garbage because Bryce can't get him the ball really blows my mind.

Chark is more of a number 1 than Jeudy, by a lot.  We don't need receivers.  We need better playcalling and QB play.

Not quite sure how you're saying that Chark is more of a one "by a lot." Hell, Jeudy has been in the NFL two less seasons and has around 20 less catches and 220 less yards, and a higher yards per average. Chark has great hands, but is not the route runner that Jeudy is. I like Chark, and I hope that he works out here and extends. I don't see why there's even a comparison. Jeudy's presence would just open it up for the other receivers, including Chark. But, let's not pretend that the preponderance of GMs aren't going to pick Jeudy over Chark if it came down to that. But again, Jeudy's presence would help Chark, not hurt him.

Jerry Jeudy is definitely better than DJ Chark.

Chark is just tall and fast.  I'm not saying he's a bad receiver, but he should be your #2 or #3 WR.  Jeudy can really do it all.  I do think he's a #1 WR.  He out-produced Sutton last year on fewer targets.  He's been the most productive Broncos receiver (when healthy) since being drafted.  At the very least I'd argue he's as good as Calvin Ridley, who most people would say is a #1 WR.  Ridley's 2020 season is better than anything Jeudy has had statistically, true, but even a 35 year old Matt Ryan is way better than any QB Jeudy has had.

I AM NOT SAYING I WANT US TO TRADE FOR HIM.  However I do think some of you are underrating Jeudy quite a bit.  He's not as good as guys like Jefferson/Chase/Adams, but he's in the same ball-park as Ridley/Moore/Aiyuk

• Beer 1