• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023-2024 General Canes Thread

Panthers Fan 69

I'm outta here for the Caribbean for the next 3 games. I'll miss the Minnesota, Columbus and Winnipeg games, but I'll keep track while I'm consuming cocktails on the beach.

Probably a good time to get away. The way the Canes are playing, they'll lose to Minnesota and Winnipeg.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

I'm outta here for the Caribbean for the next 3 games. I'll miss the Minnesota, Columbus and Winnipeg games, but I'll keep track while I'm consuming cocktails on the beach.

Probably a good time to get away. The way the Canes are playing, they'll lose to Minnesota and Winnipeg.

Way to brag!  Just kidding. Have fun. I’m sure Rod will figure it out. 3 games in 4 days, the canes looked completely out gas last night.  

• Pie 1

Just bought tickets for the Florida game on the 14th.

We mountainfolk don't get up to the big city very often, so we'll probably head in town early to get a round of disc golf in before the game. Would love to meet up and tailgate (or disc) with some of you delinquents! HMU if you'll be in attendance...

Probably gonna print up some tees and signs for the game, so if you've got any requests, lmk.

• Pie 2

Saw that the Anaheim Ducks GM was at our game last night.

Henrique and Vatrano are trade targets from the Ducks but they wouldn’t cost a roster player, the only other player that could be trade bait is Zegras and he’d likely cost Drury along with picks/prospects.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 2

I hope our boys get rested. We don’t play until Thursday but then it’s 4 games in 6 days. Who the fug scheduled this crap?  At least most are at home. 
Thursday home vs Canadians 

Saturday 12:30 away game vs NJ 

Sunday 5pm at home vs Flames 

Tuesday Home vs Rangers 

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I hope our boys get rested. We don’t play until Thursday but then it’s 4 games in 6 days. Who the fug scheduled this crap?  At least most are at home. 
Thursday home vs Canadians 

Saturday 12:30 away game vs NJ 

Sunday 5pm at home vs Flames 

Tuesday Home vs Rangers 

Rested? They need fuging with the rough end of a pineapple after todays third period. A bit of me wonders if we have the character to win the cup?

We show it now and again but not sure we truly believe

10 minutes ago, WelshPanther said:

Rested? They need fuging with the rough end of a pineapple after todays third period. A bit of me wonders if we have the character to win the cup?

We show it now and again but not sure we truly believe

We don’t have the full team to do it. We need a trade.  Maybe 2. Pecse KK are useless.  I’m mean absolutely useless. Koochie played horrible today for 1 period but has played well. I’m with you. I wonder if this team truly has accountability. Becasue today should never happen. Ever.  I think In  my heart the leadership on this team has peaked. They will never win a cup with this current team. KK is trash.  Pool party trash. We have JAGs with Quickie Naeson Drury.  Our Goalies are just too damn unpredictable. Burns has become so careless with the puck.  Honestly, Svech missed 3, count them, 3 wide open nets. Aho and Necas are our only consistent offense. Rods system won’t allow a stud. Changes need to be made. 

if we are happy to make the playoffs. This is your team. If you want a cup. This team needs forward help and goalie play. We just don’t have it. If Waddell fumbles the bag again, I say it’s time for some major changes, including that fat piece of poo Waddell and DUMBdons bitch asses.  

• Pie 1

Worst Trade Deadline Heists Of The Decade

7. Carolina Hurricanes Land Brady Skjei

image.png.93e63ae37c773ab614cd8f0117a31e50.png

Josh Lavallee/NHLI via Getty Images

Another deal. Another defenseman.

Former first-round pick Brady Skjei was in his fourth full season with the team that drafted him, the New York Rangers, when the Carolina Hurricanes came calling at the 2020 deadline and pried him loose from Broadway for a first-rounder in that summer's draft.

Like Ekholm before him, Skjei had become established as an all-around blue-line presence and had four years remaining on a contract that'll actually be expiring this summer.

He scored 10 points in 52 games in his first "full" season with Carolina, went to 39 and 38 in the next two, and is on pace for a career-high 45 this season. He's been a plus player in every season since the trade and is second on the team in ice time at 21:15 per game.

Perhaps the only knock from the Raleigh side is that the deal hasn't yielded a Stanley Cup, but the Hurricanes will again reach the 2024 playoffs as a favorite in the Eastern Conference.

The Rangers flipped the first-rounder they acquired from Carolina to Calgary and moved up in the draft to select defenseman Braden Schneider, who's produced 44 points in 184 games with New York across parts of three seasons.

Edited by Stumpy
  • Pie 2

On 3/2/2024 at 9:02 PM, Panthers Fan 69 said:

We don’t have the full team to do it. We need a trade.  Maybe 2. Pecse KK are useless.  I’m mean absolutely useless. Koochie played horrible today for 1 period but has played well. I’m with you. I wonder if this team truly has accountability. Becasue today should never happen. Ever.  I think In  my heart the leadership on this team has peaked. They will never win a cup with this current team. KK is trash.  Pool party trash. We have JAGs with Quickie Naeson Drury.  Our Goalies are just too damn unpredictable. Burns has become so careless with the puck.  Honestly, Svech missed 3, count them, 3 wide open nets. Aho and Necas are our only consistent offense. Rods system won’t allow a stud. Changes need to be made. 

if we are happy to make the playoffs. This is your team. If you want a cup. This team needs forward help and goalie play. We just don’t have it. If Waddell fumbles the bag again, I say it’s time for some major changes, including that fat piece of poo Waddell and DUMBdons bitch asses.  

This is what Ive believed for a while. I see a lot of Ron Rivera in Rod. Way too supportive and committed to the guys already in the locker room for way too long. Doesnt add a play maker or 2 that we desperately need. Then when we face the Elite teams in the playoffs, we get swept. Who is more responsible for not getting the help between Rod and Waddell, Im not sure, but I think no Cup this year should mean a new GM. After a couple years and its the same, might be time to look for a new HC. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, KillerKat said:

This is what Ive believed for a while. I see a lot of Ron Rivera in Rod. Way too supportive and committed to the guys already in the locker room for way too long. Doesnt add a play maker or 2 that we desperately need. Then when we face the Elite teams in the playoffs, we get swept. Who is more responsible for not getting the help between Rod and Waddell, Im not sure, but I think no Cup this year should mean a new GM. After a couple years and its the same, might be time to look for a new HC. 

This has become my thought process. Today is the day we make a big move..or 2.    Can’t keep getting knocked out of the playoffs each year. Gotta win one of these or it’s a massive waste. 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, KillerKat said:

I see where you are coming from and I agree we need a top 6 forward for sure.  We just haven't been able to put together the right deal for one.

Last year we were very close with Svech injured and ran into Playoff Bob who burned his "heater" out getting Florida to the Cup where he became a human sieve against Vegas (who would have been difficult for the Canes to beat too, although I think we would have given them the biggest challenge).  If Bobrovsky doesn't play like he did last spring we beat Florida.

My point is this team *can* win a Cup without another top 6 added, but the guys in the room have to sacrifice every ounce of their being to get it.  The 2006 team was beaten, bruised, and battered and we only knew how bad after they won the Cup.  That's what it takes....getting to the dirty areas, winning puck battles, scoring ugly goals, blocking any shot you can (and I think this team needs to find this part of the game) to win a Cup.

#LetsGoCanes
#TakeWarning
#CauseChaos

• Flames 2