• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hopefully 2010 Draft Be As Good As 2009

KatsAzz

This 2009 draft was very solid drafting, I hope we continue to draft like this again in 2010.

Rd 2, Pick 11 (43) Brown, Everette DE - Played good, showed lots of upside (22 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 2 fumble rec.)

Rd 2, Pick 27 (59) Martin, Sherrod S - Played great when Godfrey was injured, a bright future ahead of him (23 tackles, 3 ints)

Rd 3, Pick 29 (93) Irvin, Corvey DL Injured Reserved, I hope he recovers and develop into a good OT.

Rd 4, Pick 11 (111) Goodson, Mike RB Got overwelmed during the season, but showed some flashes in the pre-season (22 carries for 49 yards, 17 returns for 352 yards)

Rd 4, Pick 28 (128) Fiammetta, Tony FB Not yet ready to take over Hoovers job but has shown flahes, hope he improves next season.

Rd 5, Pick 27 (163) Robinson, Duke OT Good back-up player, needs to improve on run-blocking.

Rd 7, Pick 7 (216) Munnerlyn, Captain - Steal of the draft (the whole 2009 NFL Draft IMO), sure tackler and always around the ball (44 tackles, 1 fumble rec, 31 Punt Returns for 279 yards)

Undrafted RFA

Tyrell Sutton - Very reliable player, could be the next Hoover type player for the Panthers (6 recs for 62 yards 10 yads ave., 12 carries for 68 yads 5.7 yards ave., 14 KR for 302 yards 21.6 yards ave.)

Fixed

Present Value of:

EB with a year of experience and a round cheaper in money > player to be had with 17th pick in 2010

I personally really like the trading out of the over-priced first round, especially in the top 20-25 picks. Best value to be had is the late 1st and then all of 2nd and 3rd.

Brown- Was alright

Martin- Played in a couple games and looked slightly better than Godfrey. He isn't Jesus.

Irvin- lol

Goodson- lol

Fiametta- lol

Robinson- Was he ever active besides the time when we lost 3/5 of our starting offensive line?

Munnerlyn- Good pick. Might be a decent #2 cb.

Yes, more drafts like that please.

This 2009 draft was very solid drafting, I hope we continue to draft like this again in 2010.

Rd 2, Pick 11 (43) Brown, Everette DE - Played good, showed lots of upside (22 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 2 fumble rec.)

Rd 2, Pick 27 (59) Martin, Sherrod S - Played great when Godfrey was injured, a bright future ahead of him (23 tackles, 3 ints)

Rd 3, Pick 29 (93) Irvin, Corvey DL Injured Reserved, I hope he recovers and develop into a good OT.

Rd 4, Pick 11 (111) Goodson, Mike RB Got overwelmed during the season, but showed some flashes in the pre-season (22 carries for 49 yards, 17 returns for 352 yards)

Rd 4, Pick 28 (128) Fiammetta, Tony FB Not yet ready to take over Hoovers job but has shown flahes, hope he improves next season.

Rd 5, Pick 27 (163) Robinson, Duke OT Good back-up player, needs to improve on run-blocking.

Rd 7, Pick 7 (216) Munnerlyn, Captain - Steal of the draft (the whole 2009 NFL Draft IMO), sure tackler and always around the ball (44 tackles, 1 fumble rec, 31 Punt Returns for 279 yards)

Undrafted RFA

Tyrell Sutton - Very reliable player, could be the next Hoover type player for the Panthers (6 recs for 62 yards 10 yads ave., 12 carries for 68 yads 5.7 yards ave., 14 KR for 302 yards 21.6 yards ave.)

Why is this same exact post on the charlotte.com forum? Copy and paste much?

Brown- Was alright

Martin- Played in a couple games and looked slightly better than Godfrey. He isn't Jesus.

Irvin- lol

Goodson- lol

Fiametta- lol

Robinson- Was he ever active besides the time when we lost 3/5 of our starting offensive line?

Munnerlyn- Good pick. Might be a decent #2 cb.

Yes, more drafts like that please.

They are all rookies. What did you expect...we draft nothing but instant pro bowlers? I have to agree with the OP. This draft shows a lot of potential. The next couple of years will tell us for sure.

They are all rookies. What did you expect...we draft nothing but instant pro bowlers? I have to agree with the OP. This draft shows a lot of potential. The next couple of years will tell us for sure.

I'd expect us to draft rookies that might actually contribute. Drafting only players who might contribute in a couple of years is a shitty way to draft when you need talent right away.

Well, how many rookies on average start in the NFL every year? 60? Maybe? Since we don't have a #1 this year, don't be looking for a starter this draft you might be disappointed. I'm not saying it won't happen, Hurney has a way of surprising you at least once every offseason. (should there be a (-) in offseason? :lol:)

No, we are going to have to be a little more active in the FA periods to fix the immediate holes this team has.

I'd expect us to draft rookies that might actually contribute. Drafting only players who might contribute in a couple of years is a shitty way to draft when you need talent right away.

This has more to do with Fox's pussbag style of coaching, than who's the better player. There's plenty of evidence during his tenure to prove that Fox will start a weaker vet over an 'unproven' player who shows more ability, making it especially difficult for rookies to see playing time.

This has more to do with Fox's pussbag style of coaching, than who's the better player. There's plenty of evidence during his tenure to prove that Fox will start a weaker vet over an 'unproven' player who shows more ability, making it especially difficult for rookies to see playing time.

I don't really agree that it is due to Fox's style, I just think it is the nature of the NFL. Very few rookies actually get extensive playing time and are integral to their team's base schemes. It's just that fans hear of a handful of rookie contributors and think their team should have done better...no matter how unrealistic that view is. Most rookies' biggest contribution comes on special teams and in spot duty. And that is exactly what we got out of most of our rookies.

Overall, it looks to be a very solid class with the potential to be excellent if some players continue to develop and turn their flashes into consistent play.

Archived