• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I was encouraged…

*FreeFua*

18 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

4 of 9 for a TD and pick in the 10-20 yard range.  You guys say it's Frank play calling, but Frank isn't the one who is lukewarm completing passes beyond 10 yards.

Isn’t the league average like 53%? 44% for a rookie doesn’t seem that horrible 

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I wonder how we are on drops as well.

Yeah definitely a factor. Every other QB has drops too so prob fine to not take into account but I would like to see Bryce completion at 10+ game over game. I def don’t think it was 44% first few weeks. If he’s getting better every week that’s good enough for me. Nobody is expecting him to be a pro bowler year 1. 

1 minute ago, jb2288 said:

Yeah definitely a factor. Every other QB has drops too so prob fine to not take into account but I would like to see Bryce completion at 10+ game over game. I def don’t think it was 44% first few weeks. If he’s getting better every week that’s good enough for me. Nobody is expecting him to be a pro bowler year 1. 

It's just such a small sample size for Young that one or two drops skews it big time.  

Just now, 45catfan said:

Under 50% isn't acceptable of a NFL QB, especially the #1 overall pick.  I know he's a rookie, but he's got to do better.

I disagree but fair enough. I think your first year in the NFL you’re looking for progress week over week. Now year 2, I agree. I wanna see average to above average everywhere with a breakout year 3. 

Suck it Panther haters!  Future hall of famer!

Bryce Young just played his BEST game as a Panther, despite an 18-point loss:
• 25/41 (61%)
• 247 passing yards
• 3 passing TD’s
• 2 INT’s
• 82.1 passer rating
• led 4 scoring drives (3 TD, 1 FG) Young is now up to 750 passing yards, 65 rushing yards, 5 TD’s, and 4 INT’s on the season. The Panthers rookie QB still has a long way to go but has showed MAJOR promise 

·
Views

3 minutes ago, CAPantherFan said:

• 25/41 (61%)
• 247 passing yards
• 3 passing TD’s
• 2 INT’s
• 82.1 passer rating
• led 4 scoring drives (3 TD, 1 FG) Young is now up to 750 passing yards, 65 rushing yards, 5 TD’s, and 4 INT’s on the season. The Panthers rookie QB still has a long way to go but has showed MAJOR promise 

·
Views

Wasn’t it 6 scoring drives if you include the two interceptions that lead to 14 points?

2 minutes ago, CAPantherFan said:

• 25/41 (61%)
• 247 passing yards
• 3 passing TD’s
• 2 INT’s
• 82.1 passer rating

·
Views

If he gets to 3500 yards with 2:1 TD ratio it’s a good year with this injury riddled roster. That would have me excited for next year 

18 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

If he gets to 3500 yards with 2:1 TD ratio it’s a good year with this injury riddled roster. That would have me excited for next year 

He’s currently on pace for 3187 yards, 21 touchdowns, 17 INTs, 276 rushing yards and 4 fumbles if you average out his stats over 17 games, which he’s already missed one. 

Just now, Varking said:

He’s currently on pace for 3187 yards, 21 touchdowns, 17 INTs, 276 rushing yards and 4 fumbles if you average out his stats over 17 games, which he’s already missed one. 

yeah i did the math before posting that, if he gets to 2:1 that shows me he's learning QUICK after throwing 1 per game so far. 21 and 11 would be pretty good imo

• Pie 1