• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just speculating... I wouldn't be surprised if Frank or Fitt is fired soon. Very soon.

Proudiddy

8 hours ago, Navy_football said:

Weird argument. Scott is taking Brown's word as truth, and others argue that Brown's not telling the truth with no real evidence to back it. And who's pushing a narrative here? 🤔 

It's been a bad trend here this season, see "the staff wanted Stroud" narrative despite them repeatedly saying the opposite.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

It's been a bad trend here this season, see "the staff wanted Stroud" narrative despite them repeatedly saying the opposite.

"I absolutely want Cam here," Rhule said on Tuesday at the NFL scouting combine. "There's no doubt about that."

SpongeBuddy Mania - Time Cards

Cam on the streets. 

NFL teams say all sorts of things.  Some true.  Some knowingly not true.  They aren't in the business of being honest with the masses.  And there are a billion examples of it with every team.  That's why it's okay for people on a message board to waste time thinking what they want.   Because but "so and so said different"......has proven to be an unreliable source. 

Who knows who wanted Bryce vs Stroud vs Richardson.  In the end, they are always going to say they all agreed.  You wouldn't want an org to actually be in agreement on every decision.  

26 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

I think it’s just boredom from this season. People are just trying to find something to debate no matter how odd it is, but yeah it’s odd. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

"I absolutely want Cam here," Rhule said on Tuesday at the NFL scouting combine. "There's no doubt about that."

SpongeBuddy Mania - Time Cards

Cam on the streets. 

NFL teams say all sorts of things.  Some true.  Some knowingly not true.  They aren't in the business of being honest with the masses.  And there are a billion examples of it with every team.  That's why it's okay for people on a message board to waste time thinking what they want.   Because but "so and so said different"......has proven to be an unreliable source. 

Who knows who wanted Bryce vs Stroud vs Richardson.  In the end, they are always going to say they all agreed.  You wouldn't want an org to actually be in agreement on every decision.  

That was different because no one was under the impression Rhule wanted Cam back. They had to convince the fanbase he did because all of his actions up to that point had said otherwise. He knew his job rode on the Darnold decision and that’s why he threw him back out there as soon as he saw an opening to bench Cam. 

This staff absolutely lives or dies by their decision to draft Bryce. I don’t buy that they would put their careers on the line for a QB they didn’t actually want just because their boss showed a preference. 

You guys are so high strung about being 100% correct, all or nothing about who made the playbook. 

I think Brown created it insofar as he took a look at Reich's plays, took a look at McVay's plays, picked which ones were most similar schematically, then took plays from Reich's book that were unique, then took plays from McVay's book that were unique and then tailored the plays from McVay to fit a scheme similar to what Reich had run in the past. I'm sure Reich then gave it a once over and made the final tweaks since he was going to be the play caller. That's why the plays, designs, and concepts are very similar to Reich's past offenses. Even if it isn't an exact clone, it's definitely related and heavily influenced by Reich's old offenses.

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

That was different because no one was under the impression Rhule wanted Cam back. They had to convince the fanbase he did because all of his actions up to that point had said otherwise. He knew his job rode on the Darnold decision and that’s why he threw him back out there as soon as he saw an opening to bench Cam. 

This staff absolutely lives or dies by their decision to draft Bryce. I don’t buy that they would put their careers on the line for a QB they didn’t actually want just because their boss showed a preference. 

just to be clear, that quote was in 2020 when Matt Rhule was hired.  He then immediately dumped Cam and signed Teddy Bridgewater. 

I mean, it's a coach point blank saying something.....that wasn't true.  And there are a million examples by coaches, GMs, owners of that.  I just picked a random one. The point is simply you can't use the quote of someone in a NFL front office and think that should squash all talk in an internet message board.  

and yeah, I find it hard to believe any front office in the NFL would have everyone inside their building all with the same thought on Bryce, Stroud, Richardson.  They all 3 are too different.   I would assume there were different opinions on that #1 overall pick because that would just be the normal thing.  Who knows who was where.  

45 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

That and Rhule was definitely full of poo 90% of the time which is one of the many reasons he isn’t in the NFL anymore. A coach that only made it 2.5 years in the NFL before getting fired is a bad example of the standard IMO. 

43 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

You guys are so high strung about being 100% correct, all or nothing about who made the playbook. 

I think Brown created it insofar as he took a look at Reich's plays, took a look at McVay's plays, picked which ones were most similar schematically, then took plays from Reich's book that were unique, then took plays from McVay's book that were unique and then tailored the plays from McVay to fit a scheme similar to what Reich had run in the past. I'm sure Reich then gave it a once over and made the final tweaks since he was going to be the play caller. That's why the plays, designs, and concepts are very similar to Reich's past offenses. Even if it isn't an exact clone, it's definitely related and heavily influenced by Reich's old offenses.

Yeah pretty much. Our staff seems pretty straightforward.

Fitt needs to go before the weekend hits...under his guidance we have progressively gotten worse with him trading away record breaking talent. His pick at no. 6 is Icky seems to be a huge bust...maybe he can move to guard...but he has been getting steam rolled every game....which is why Bryce is struggling...Brass balls dave doesn't have the brass balls to hack him..or maybe its Nicole...which is a whole nother problem... This guy has done nothing to rebuild this team in 3 years which is why we are 3 years out in rebuilding....accept it, its where we are at...

3 hours ago, CRA said:

I argued he didn't build this O on his own from the ground.  That's PR fluff.  And that's what folks were saying yesterday.  That doesn't pass even the most basic eyeball test. 

They took Frank's core O and installed it.  Which makes sense given Frank was going to come in and call plays and Brown has never been an OC. Then have been attempting to tweak it.  It sure as heck needs it.    But it's largely to date just been vintage Frank's O.  That's my only point.  With the same problems his O routinely saw in every spot it's been run. To deny that, means to ignore what this football team has done on the field to date. 

and I have largely championed Brown should of been allowed to do whatever he wanted from day 1 because I don't like Frank's O and Frank sucks calling the O..... and we need way more of the McVay influence.  Because on the year, there has been very very little of it.  Hopefully we see more and more change and get further away from Frank's bread and butter.    

Can you give some specifics on the unique elements of a Frank Reich offense that convince you that his fingerprints are all over the playbook rather than Thomas Brown?

Also, can you be more specific on some of these lies that Frank and co. gave before the season started that have since proven to be untrue?  I've only heard you mention something about Frank saying Miles Sanders would be a 3-down back and yet he was subbed out on some 3rd downs.  Or something...that's the closest thing to a "lie" that I've heard you mention so I'm curious what are some others?

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

Can you give some specifics on the unique elements of a Frank Reich offense that convince you that his fingerprints are all over the playbook rather than Thomas Brown?

Also, can you be more specific on some of these lies that Frank and co. gave before the season started that have since proven to be untrue?  I've only heard you mention something about Frank saying Miles Sanders would be a 3-down back and yet he was subbed out on some 3rd downs.  Or something...that's the closest thing to a "lie" that I've heard you mention so I'm curious what are some others?

Where was the energy the first 6 weeks?  When Frank and his poo O were being talked about from preseason to week 6.    Now, suddenly this week, you got a problem with me saying what has been said all season? 

and it's you choosing to paint this lie narrative.  I call it PR and bullshit.  All teams and coaches do it.  That's sports.   Another? Claiming this roster was a young QB away from legitimately competing.  That was always PR bologna.  What else are they going to tell a fanbase that hasn't seen a winning season  a half decade and that traded away all of our stud/fan favorites going into this year.... Or these guys are grossly incompetent.  Because the talent around the QB is weak and that was talked about this offseason.   You pick which one you prefer on that.  Blowing smoke or these folks can't see some really basic stuff. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

That's pretty standard procedure for playbook writing.

It's really only hard to understand if you're pushing an agenda (like trying to blame Reich for everything).

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

Where was the energy the first 6 weeks?  When Frank and his poo O were being talked about from preseason to week 6.    Now, suddenly this week, you got a problem with me saying what has been said all season? 

and it's you choosing to paint this lie narrative.  I call it PR and bullshit.  All teams and coaches do it.  That's sports.   Another? Claiming this roster was a young QB away from legitimately competing.  That was always PR bologna.  What else are they going to tell a fanbase that hasn't seen a winning season  a half decade and that traded away all of our stud/fan favorites going into this year.... Or these guys are grossly incompetent.  Because the talent around the QB is weak and that was talked about this offseason.   You pick which one you prefer on that.  Blowing smoke or these folks can't see some really basic stuff. 

So what’s the PR bullshit of Thomas Brown saying he helped create this offense? It’s such a pointless hill to die on. Yeah they overhyped their team which yeah like you stated most teams PR will do, but lying about who designed what plays just seems odd. Like who cares? Whoever designed this offense didn’t do a good job so far. This is just the Young ankle injury fan created theory all over again. I understand your heels are dug in and you are going to stick with what you are saying but I just don’t understand the point I guess. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

So what’s the PR bullshit of Thomas Brown saying he helped create this offense? It’s such a pointless hill to die on. Yeah they overhyped their team which yeah like you stated most teams PR will do, but lying about who designed what plays just seems odd. Like who cares? Whoever designed this offense didn’t do a good job so far. This is just the Young ankle injury fan created theory all over again. I understand your heels are dug in and you are going to stick with what you are saying but I just don’t understand the point I guess. 

"Frank bad"

(the point) 😕

• Pie 1