• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF grades vs Lions (Bryce in bottom 5 yet again)

42 minutes ago, frankw said:

Let's be honest if he were getting positive grades from PFF they would be getting posted in just about every thread about him. Every fanbase hates PFF when their team sucks.

I actually feel it's the opposite. Positives generally get ignored. Everyone here loves to wallow in misery.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Let's be honest if he were getting positive grades from PFF they would be getting posted in just about every thread about him. Every fanbase hates PFF when their team sucks.

They are always debatable and some of their numbers looked cooked at times. It's usually a 'how close does this come to what I saw' conversation or debate.

I get not loving PFF but it is what is out there so it's used either way. I wouldn't take any of it as undisputable.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, frankw said:

I think PFF is generally useful for more abstract positions that are harder to evaluate on a snap by snap basis.  So how well individual o-linemen did in the run + pass game, how CBs held up in coverage when the ball wasn't thrown to their receiver, how well WRs ran their routes and created separation when they weren't the target, how well DEs set the edge on run plays, etc.

But I don't think anyone relies on PFF to tell them how a QB looked when they handle the ball on every single snap and are the focal point of the offense.  It'll be pretty obvious whether a QB had a good or bad game.

• Beer 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

you trying to dunk on a 62?  pick your battles homie

Or the fact that he said Bryce has been living in the bottom 5. That wasn’t true then and damn sure not true of last week. Ask yourself why some here are such in a rush to post negative poo about “OUR” QB, but hide when the narrative doesn’t fit.