• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF grades vs Lions (Bryce in bottom 5 yet again)

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/lists/panthers-lions-week-5-2023-pff-grades-adam-thielen-brian-burns/

1. WR Adam Thielen: 85.5
2. LT Ikem Ekwonu: 76.2
3. TE Ian Thomas: 71.1
4. RB Chuba Hubbard: 68.2
5. QB Andy Dalton: 66.5*

13. QB Bryce Young: 56.6
14. LG Chandler Zavala: 56.1
15. TE Hayden Hurst: 53.6
16. RT Taylor Moton: 52.1
17. RB Miles Sanders: 47.0

1. LB Kamu Grugier-Hill: 76.5
2. OLB Brian Burns: 69.4
3. OLB Yetur Gross-Matos: 68.3
4. OLB Amaré Barno: 64.4
5. DT LaBryan Ray: 62.6

16. NT Shy Tuttle: 46.2
17. OLB Justin Houston: 44.7
18. CB Sam Webb: 41.8
19. S Jeremy Chinn: 35.5
20. DT Nick Thurman: 29.8

1. I totally forgot they signed Justin Houston

2. Fitt is a dumbass for signing Miles Sanders. Awful player

3. Bryce Young needs to buy real estate in the PFF bottom 5

• Pie 2
  • The D 1

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's not playing well. It's really obvious. That doesn't mean he's definitely a bust. But the handful of kf folks who can't take any Bryce criticism are just not being rational in my honest opinion.

I'm a huge Bryce supporter, but I will admit I thought he'd be playing better than this early on.

But I also thought this was his best game so far. PFF graded him a lot better against the Vikings, but I'll take the two picks if it means not handling him with kid gloves the way we did in his first few starts.

• Pie 5

2 minutes ago, ChuckWag78 said:

Look who isn't on the bottom 5 def list two weeks in a row!  Way to go CJ!  

It is fun rooting for this kid with all the injuries at the CB position. 

CJ has quietly settled into Charlotte and playing a lot better. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He needs to be playing LB. It's so obvious at this point and I'm someone who defended him playing (strong) safety for a long time. He's a LB. Pure and simple. If we insist on not playing him at LB then yeah we need to just trade him already.

But is he an inside linebacker? Because in our scheme he basically has to be if he's going to play linebacker.

I don't think so; he's clearly a 4-3 outside linebacker, which means we don't really have a spot for him. This is why I'm not a fan of "tweener" athletes in the draft like him and Isaiah Simmons.

Versatility is great if you've got one set position you can play well and can do other things from that position; otherwise you're just a guy who does a little bit of everything well enough but not anything at a high level.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

But is he an inside linebacker? Because in our scheme he basically has to be if he's going to play linebacker.

I don't think so; he's clearly a 4-3 outside linebacker, which means we don't really have a spot for him. This is why I'm not a fan of "tweener" athletes in the draft like him and Isaiah Simmons.

Versatility is great if you've got one set position you can play well and can do other things from that position; otherwise you're just a guy who does a little bit of everything well enough but not anything at a high level.

I haven't paid enough attention to our defensive formations this year, but I have to imagine we have some sort of big nickel package for passing downs (at least I hope so because I'm pretty sure most teams in the NFL do). He is perfect for that formation of being that hybrid linebacker/safety that we can ask to do a lot of different things.

Asking him to play safety and be in coverage (especially man) more times than not is precisely how to not use him effectively... The Vikings game from last year where he scored two touchdowns in 15 seconds is how to use him properly 

• Pie 1