• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Football - Week 6

therealmjl

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Penix and Nix are going to be two very interesting prospects in the 2024 draft. Curious to see how they rank when they start going through the process.

I could see Penix going in the late first round. Both will be 24 at the start of next season. Nix could end up a late first rounder too.

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think you would have a hard time really convincing anyone but yourself that Deion "doesn't know how to coach." That's an extremely stupid statement. 

I can easily buy a "wait and see" argument but "doesn't know how to coach" is laughable. 

Why? He has four years total as a coach I believe, if you don't count the high school BS. Ask yourself why someone with such little experience is a head coach.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The idea of conferences has been ruined by the football expansions. Here we sit watching a Pac 12 conference be so far and away the best in all of college football but is literally about to not exist.

That is why college revenue sports is increasingly more and more of a joke. It's ironic that after we finally got a playoff and the NIL that it is likely headed towards a complete implosion in the coming years.

Yeah, the men's main two sports(basketball & football) aren't doing as well as they were. That said, some of the women's sports(volleyball, gymnastics, & basketball) are rapidly growing in popularity and attendance.

3 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Why? He has four years total as a coach I believe, if you don't count the high school BS. Ask yourself why someone with such little experience is a head coach.

The jump to FCS from high school is literally not massive. There is plenty of precedent for that. 

Are you arguing the results at this point? If so, you are just showing some obvious agenda.

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Yeah, the men's main two sports(basketball & football) aren't doing as well as they were. That said, some of the women's sports(volleyball, gymnastics, & basketball) are rapidly growing in popularity and attendance.

You mean the sports that will be rapidly gone? That's the thing people don't seem to realize. All those sports just became immensely more expensive due to the conference footprints expanding. So that erodes some of those massive TV revenues. 

Not to mention that the TV revenue model is completely unsustainable. The cracks in that facade are already appearing. 

Hence why I have predicted this will inevitably collapse. I see a similar fate for the NFL eventually. Depends on their decisions in the next 10-20 years.

• Pie 1