• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce bashing needs to stop

Frank9999

3 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

Dont deflect what? bryce has played like a rookie. Hes had some really good flashes. cj stroud isnt being asked to do nearly as much as Bryce and its a fact. 

You’re deflecting for Bryce and he doesn’t need it. If he plays better folks will come around and have less to criticize. 

I hate to tell you that its just getting louder. All the bashing. This team is a piñata more than a football team at this point. 

It's not going to stop until they give everyone legit reasons to stop. I'm not sure Bryce can overcome the situation or his ability. 

So have a drink or tune out because everything is just ramping up for a really long season. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

There needs to be a bash Bryce thread for those that are impatient with letting a rookie QB actually develop. Bryce has been bashed more in six months here probably than Teddy, Phillip, Sam and Baker put together. 

I realize that some of you had otherworldly expectations, but dial them back and be realistic for once. This was never going to be a sprint. Bryce is not the origin of the Panthers' ills. Let's sit back and watch how he develops and give him a fair look. 

And let me add that there are a lot of people who didnt want him and are taking this chance to trash him even if its just after 4 games 

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

I hate to tell you that its just getting louder. All the bashing. This team is a piñata more than a football team at this point. 

It's not going to stop until they give everyone legit reasons to stop. I'm not sure Bryce can overcome the situation or his ability. 

So have a drink or tune out because everything is just ramping up for a really long season. 

I expect the panthers to be bad. I am fine with it, but I expect Bryce to also show improvement and think he already has. CJ stroud was never asked to have the responsibility that Bryce came into the season with. Its not even fair to compare the two yet. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

You’re deflecting for Bryce and he doesn’t need it. If he plays better folks will come around and have less to criticize. 

I think alot of the criticism is just unwarranted thats the thing. Hes basically played like a rookie so far it hasnt been all bad and it hasnt been all good. People had too high expectations 

• Pie 1

Just now, Newtcase said:

What a Bryce stan calls bashing is usually just discussion about real issues.  Differing opinions are fairly common on a forum.  No one is telling you all the Bryce love needs to end. Grow up.

Not really. Hes being treated unfairly by media too. Its not just this forum. Many of you are just mad we didnt draft Stroud

Honestly I feel bad for the kid. I feel like he is getting harsher treatment than he deserves from this fanbase. People are butthurt they didn't draft the QB they liked over him so they are crapping all over him. 

It's one of those deals where he isn't playing good but he isn't horrible, he's playing like a rookie. I know Tepper, Fitt, and the coaching staff were selling the fanbase on how far ahead he was mentally, but he's still a rookie and there will be growing pains. I think the vitriol that is being aimed at Bryce should be aimed at Fitt, Reich, and Tepper but that's just me. 

• Pie 2

When the QB plays bad, fans talk trash. It's how it goes, OP. Jake got heat, Cam got heat, and let's not EVEN talk about Pickles, Teddy, Sam, Baker, Carr, PJ, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. Why does Bryce deserve protection from mean font when the others didn't?

Edited by Brooklyn 3.0
  • Pie 2

Just now, Ricky Spanish said:

Honestly I feel bad for the kid. I feel like he is getting harsher treatment than he deserves from this fanbase. People are butthurt they didn't draft the QB they liked over him so they are crapping all over him. 

It's one of those deals where he isn't playing good but he isn't horrible, he's playing like a rookie. I know Tepper, Fitt, and the coaching staff were selling the fanbase on how far ahead he was mentally, but he's still a rookie and there will be growing pains. I think the vitriol that is being aimed at Bryce should be aimed at Fitt, Reich, and Tepper. 

Thats what Im saying, many people in here i see bashing Bryce wanted Stroud. 

Stroud hasnt had nearly as much on his plate. i like both of them tbh but Bryce needs way longer look because hes simply been playing like a rookie who has a lot on his plate. 

I totally agree and my choice was Stroud but at this point the draft is over, we have Bryce and nothing can do to change that. The same team and same QB doesn't win the Superbowl every year and there is more than one good to great QB in the NFL every year .... So yep, now its lets see him develop -hopefully to good and better if to great.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

When the QB plays bad, fans talk trash. It's how it goes, OP. Jake got heat, Cam got heat, and lot's EVEN talk about Pickles, Teddy, Sam, Baker, Carr, PJ, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. Why does Bryce deserve protection from mean font when the others didn't?

This is being exaggerated because of CJ having a nice start and Bryce playing like a rookie. Also because people wanted CJ so now they are being too harsh on Bryce. Just facts 

22 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

The guy has played 4 games and he's honestly had more on his plate than any other rookie QB and has been in the most challenging position of all of them. I watched a lot of film from his last game too and theres a lot of good things there. Panthers have a lot of issues but Bryce is a bright spot. 

Thank you, Good Sir. Thank you. 

1 minute ago, Frank9999 said:

Thats what Im saying, many people in here i see bashing Bryce wanted Stroud. 

Stroud hasnt had nearly as much on his plate. i like both of them tbh but Bryce needs way longer look because hes simply been playing like a rookie who has a lot on his plate. 

You have zero idea what CJ has on his plate lol.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 6