• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce bashing needs to stop

Frank9999

8 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

I think the instant expectations many had were unreasonable 

That's why he was drafted though. Everything we heard was how Bryce was a super processor and was way ahead of expectations and was running offensive meetings and teaching the line about protections, etc. Then preseason got here and we looked terrible. Everyone laughed and said, "LOL! It's preseason. It doesn't matter. We're not game planning and it'll look a lot different in the regular season."

Well, it looks the same and now we're having to dial things back. I hope that will fix some of the issues and help with Bryce's development but we also have to admit that we are essentially admitting that the big advantage we thought Bryce had over the significantly more physically talented prospects in this draft isn't exactly panning out early on so we're having to adapt our offense to that.

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, Varking said:

We say this only because Stroud is having major success. Nobody here follows them close enough to know what’s being asked of him. 

Hes played well, I shouldnt have even mentioned him. But this is just more about just giving Bryce more of a chance, before we rush to judge that hes the wrong pick or a bust. 

I hate how people act like you can only take one extreme or another.

The truth is he is a rookie but he simultaneously needs to play better. You can criticize a rookie qb and still be a fan

You can acknowledge he hasn't lived up to the hype yet while also admitting he has the chance to improve and be better in the future. 

At this point in my opinion he's disappointing considering what he did in college and how he was portrayed by the media and the panthers brass isn't what we are seeing on the field and that is what most people are upset about and it's compounded by the fact stroud is basically doing what we thought Bryce would do.

You don't need to attack people for criticizing the qb imo. But the criticism shouldn't be leaking into personal attacks or extreme judgements when he's only played 4 games. 

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

I can't wait for the Houston game to be honest. What if Bryce goes out and has a great performance, Stroud plays poorly, and we beat Houston? Imagine what the Huddle would say. On the other hand if Panthers lose, eh, it's the same narrative already being said on here (Stroud better than Bryce). 

“Doesn’t change the fact that Stroud has thoroughly outplayed Bryce the entire season. Bryce isn’t even mentioned in ROTY conversations. Plus, he’s short.”

-Huddle Stroud Bros (probably)

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

Guys who wanted Stroud arent giving Bryce a fair shake and have jumped at the chance to trash him thats the crap thing with this. 

Incorrect. If he played better we wouldn’t even be having threads like this made to play some sad music for Bryce. You don’t have to be pro Stroud to feel like this. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Hoenheim said:

The truth is he is a rookie but he simultaneously needs to play better. You can criticize a rookie qb and still be a fan

No extremes here, he does deserve criticism for bad play, but people are crucifying him saying hes a bust and the wrong pick. 

Just now, Hoenheim said:

Thank you! I cheer for the kid every Sunday. When he flashes I point out when I think he’s doing well. When he isn’t doing well I point it out. This false narrative about not giving him a fair shot through 4 games ( 5 but he missed one already ) only because you wanted Stroud is ridiculous. 

16 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

UH bs. Its well documented hes not making any adjustments and has no audible control. Zero

If that's true either his OC is calling a perfect game every week, or Stroud is overcoming his play calling on x amount of plays per game and making stuff happen.

We of course have no idea if it is true. 

Just now, Frank9999 said:

No extremes here, he does deserve criticism for bad play, but people are crucifying him saying hes a bust and the wrong pick. 

I’m on record not calling him a bust and saying he needs two full seasons to be fully judged. However, that doesn’t absolve him of judgement for what he has put out there in games so far. 

Just now, Varking said:

Thank you! I cheer for the kid every Sunday. When he flashes I point out when I think he’s doing well. When he isn’t doing well I point it out. This false narrative about not giving him a fair shot through 4 games ( 5 but he missed one already ) only because you wanted Stroud is 

Just now, OldhamA said:

If that's true either his OC is calling a perfect game every week, or Stroud is overcoming his play calling on x amount of plays per game and making stuff happen.

We of course have no idea if it is true. 

His OC just gave him credit for coming to him telling him he wanted to run something they haven’t practiced and then had to tell Schultz in the huddle what he wanted him to do. 

His OC said “if you’re feeling it, go for it” and let him make up a play. It worked.