• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dear "hope brigade"...

LinvilleGorge

10 minutes ago, TN05 said:

This is what it boils down to. We drafted him first AND gave up the #1 pick AND gave up our only offensive weapon for a guy that doesn’t look materially better than teddy bridgewater. I don’t want to him to fail, but I’m furious we accepted this deal because nothing I’ve seen indicates he’ll wind up as above-average, and watching this offense is downright infuriating.

Not to rub salt in the wound but we also gave up CMC for the most part as well. The best pick we got for CMC was included in the trade up. We basically got DJ Johnson with the rest. It really could be DJ Moore, CMC, Jalen Carter (or whoever at pick 9), Caleb Williams (or a bounty) and the 2025 2nd for Young and DJ Johnson.

We gave up a poo ton, unfortunately, when we didn’t have the talent level to do that for a QB that wasn’t clearly a future stud.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

But we aren’t talking about how encouraged we should be by Bryce’s best performance so far this season, we got people here talking about he can’t play the position. PJ Walker can’t play the position and got a Win today over the 49ers against Purdy who ain’t look so good without some weapons and under pressure. Sound familiar? 

You're upset that people are down on an 0-6 team that has been losing for years and a #1 overall QB who simply hasn't looked the part.

Man, that's on you. If you want to hear hope only id recommend limiting yourself to only the Panthers' official media outlets because that's the only place you'll find that.

• Pie 9

9 minutes ago, Loyalty4Life said:

He is very accurate on short to intermediate routes.  He processes the play very quickly and finds the open receiver.  He has a quick release.  Is very calm in the pocket and doesn't panic.  Has a nice zip on his balls.  Very good leader and locker room guy.  Very high football IQ and learns from his mistakes.

Has a very innate ability to throw off platform and with different arm angles.  Very mobile in the pocket and keeps his head up looking down field when he does scramble.

He showed with the Panthers first two drives today with the balance of a good run game and play calling he can excel.  As he continues to improve and improve his chemistry with other receivers not named Adam Thielan he shows a lot of potential to be a quality starter in the NFL.

The Panthers have done him very few favors to allow him to showcase his abilities but if he's able to weather and overcome suspect coaching, a lack of weapons and the early storms that every young Qb has to go through then the sky is the limit.

Either AI or Bryce's dad^^^

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

He’s a lot better than Purdy will ever be and time will show that. 

Purdy never would have made a Panther’s roster because of the mindset our coaches and front office have.

I love elite physical traits as much as the next guy, but there are other ways to win.

4 minutes ago, Loyalty4Life said:

He is very accurate on short to intermediate routes.  He processes the play very quickly and finds the open receiver.  He has a quick release.  Is very calm in the pocket and doesn't panic.  Has a nice zip on his balls.  Very good leader and locker room guy.  Very high football IQ and learns from his mistakes.

Has a very innate ability to throw off platform and with different arm angles.  Very mobile in the pocket and keeps his head up looking down field when he does scramble.

He showed with the Panthers first two drives today with the balance of a good run game and play calling he can excel.  As he continues to improve and improve his chemistry with other receivers not named Adam Thielan he shows a lot of potential to be a quality starter in the NFL.

The Panthers have done him very few favors to allow him to showcase his abilities but if he's able to weather and overcome suspect coaching, a lack of weapons and the early storms that every young Qb has to go through then the sky is the limit.

Man. I just don't see the things you highlighted consistently enough... Yes, from time to time, a few plays a game.  No, our offense doesn't do him any favors.  But he's got a receiver who is on pace for an exceptionally good season and he's still averaging like 5 ypa, which is beyond atrocious.

It's true he looked good with a run game and we inexplicably went away with it.

It's also true he can't seem to connect over the top. Those throws are there, he just hasn't made them.  Other rookies are making those throws... He's completed maybe 2 passes that were 20 yards past the los. He's only attempted like 7 total in 5 games. We don't need him throwing 40 yards every play but we have to connect deep more.  His average depth of target is atrocious... 

As to his football IQ, we had to dumb the scheme down for him.

Throwing off platform is great and all, and he's had some amazing plays so far doing so... But they are still only going a dozen yards. Meh.

Even still, I could see him becoming a low end starter or quality backup.  But... We need him to be more than that.  Luckily he'll have a few years to show what he has.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

You're upset that people are down on an 0-6 team that has been losing for years and a #1 overall QB who simply hasn't looked the part.

Man, that's on you. If you want to hear hope only id recommend limiting yourself to only the Panthers' official media outlets because that's the only place you'll find that.

I’m actually not upset at all. If y’all truly upset me, I wouldn’t be here. Y’all will all be on my side in a few years. 

16 minutes ago, Varking said:

Not saying you, but if folks don't have the time then they shouldn't waste the time with childish insults at one another anyway. Its better time management to not reply at all if all you they can comment at others is insults. 

Oh, I agree with you.  I have the time today which is why I'm debating but if you want to quote other posters then at least have the ability to back it up or explain their opinion. 

I'm not talking about you.  That previous comment was more directed at Mr. Completely who doesn't want to bother with how or why he thinks Bryce doesn't have an NFL arm.  He just want to keep calling me "Nicole" when I share my opinion or say he doesn't want to waste his time debating or defending his opinion.

If guys just wanna take shots with stupid comments, go right ahead.  No problem with that but then actually engage in the topic or start a warning thread about how Zod is looking at those Bryce hopefuls who are being too mean to the massive amount of chicken little's with their hot takes.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

I’m actually not upset at all. If y’all truly upset me, I wouldn’t be here. Y’all will all be on my side in a few years. 

I really hope you're right, haha. I do want to like Bryce as our qb of the future... I just keep seeing things that aren't suggesting high ceiling to me... But hoping very much I'm wrong. 

Edited by mav1234
  • Beer 1

Just now, AceBoogie said:

I think that it's most likely that Bryce will probably be holding a clipboard by then unless we somehow assemble a dynamite offensive supporting cast and land an offensive genius of a coach. The odds are long.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I think that it's most likely that Bryce will probably be holding a clipboard by then unless we somehow assemble a dynamite offensive supporting cast and land an offensive genius of a coach. The odds are long.

Yea they said that about Tua too.