• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Bryce Young needs superstars to be successful"

NAS

14 minutes ago, MtnJax said:

Welp, guess that’s what I get for listening to Mac and Bone on WFNZ lol. They were saying first sack

Mac and bone are true Homer idiots.  I mean brain dead level takes.  Ultimate moron optimists.   Said today if you don't see young as good go find another team.  Iirc said the same about Mayfield last year and darnold the year before.  

That said I tune in every Monday for their horrendous takes.   They did get into a radio beef with their boss because they said the floor was 10 wins in the preseason and the boss was like nah this is a 6 win at best team.  

31 minutes ago, Varking said:

We’ve also thrown more passes than anyone in the league. 

IMG_0162.png

If you're adding Daltons almost 60 attempts in 1 game, sure. Bryce averages about 36 attempts per game through 5 games which would put him about 7th in the NFL. Still I'm not sure how this is relevant to your point if anything it speaks even more volume about Bryce. Throwing it that much with the worst collection of receiving talent in the NFL and he's still completing 63% of his passes is again, pretty remarkable.

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

If you're adding Daltons almost 60 attempts in 1 game, sure. Bryce averages about 36 attempts per game through 5 games which would put him about 7th in the NFL. Still I'm not sure how this is relevant to your point if anything it speaks even more volume about Bryce. Throwing it that much with the worst collection of receiving talent in the NFL and he's still completing 63% of his passes is again, pretty remarkable.

I’ve already replied about the ratio. Just pointing out that completion percent when you throw a ton of passes and 90% of them are short doesn’t feel that impressive to me. 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, BrianS said:

Our receivers are SLIGHTLY below average by NFL standards.  Not massively, not even considerably.  Just slightly.  The NFL averages about 3 yards of separation.  Our top 5 receivers average 2.74 yards.  Is the difference between success and failure:  9 inches of separation?  That's the hill we want to take a stand on?

Think of it this way.  What if our WR corps was George Pickens, Cooper Kupp, DJ Moore, Kyle Pitts and Stefon Diggs.  Would Bryce be out of excuses then?  I daresay he would be.  He would also be throwing to receivers with 2.34 yards of average separation.  Far less than we have now.

Bryce needs to sit and learn.  He's not one of the ones who comes in and lights it up.  We have ample evidence of this fact now.  That may be ok long term.  But there are a lot of guys in the locker room who want to win, and Bryce can't get us there right now.

Nine inches is quite a bit within the context.

• The D 1

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

I’ve already replied about the ratio. Just pointing out that completion percent when you throw a ton of passes and 90% of them are short doesn’t feel that impressive to me. 

When you have the worst collection of WR talent in the NFL its hard to have perfect stats. Add in the Offensive Line and Running game struggles and you have your answer why he has to throw so many short passes. Sure all of these sound like "excuses" to make up for poor play but surrounding your Franchise Qb with legit talent is a real thing in the NFL. Every team does it. I've asked this question a ton on this board and no one has been able to answer it, maybe you can? Which QB in the NFL is being asked to do more with less than Bryce Young currently?

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

When you have the worst collection of WR talent in the NFL its hard to have perfect stats. Add in the Offensive Line and Running game struggles and you have your answer why he has to throw so many short passes. Sure all of these sound like "excuses" to make up for poor play but surrounding your Franchise Qb with legit talent is a real thing in the NFL. Every team does it. I've asked this question a ton on this board and no one has been able to answer it, maybe you can? Which QB in the NFL is being asked to do more with less than Bryce Young currently?

We would have to know, legit, what each QB is being asked to do. For starters what is this “more” that Bryce is doing? 63% completions?  Bottom five air yards per attempt? Bottom 5 starter TDs? While throwing top ten pass attempts per game? 

It’s a question nobody can answer because nobody here knows what the Steelers are asking of Kenny Pickett. We don’t know what the Raiders are asking of Jimmy G. We don’t know what the Patriots are asking of Mac Jones. We don’t even fully know what our own team is asking of Bryce. 

It’s difficult to trust what folks inside the organization are saying about Bryce when it’s easy to point out their lies regarding him. 

Only Daniel Jones is below him in yards out of the starters in the NFL to start 5 games. 

What is this more that he is doing that you can clearly point out?

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

We would have to know, legit, what each QB is being asked to do. For starters what is this “more” that Bryce is doing? 63% completions?  Bottom five air yards per attempt? Bottom 5 starter TDs? While throwing top ten pass attempts per game? 

It’s a question nobody can answer because nobody here knows what the Steelers are asking of Kenny Pickett. We don’t know what the Raiders are asking of Jimmy G. We don’t know what the Patriots are asking of Mac Jones. We don’t even fully know what our own team is asking of Bryce. 

It’s difficult to trust what folks inside the organization are saying about Bryce when it’s easy to point out their lies regarding him. 

Only Daniel Jones is below him in yards out of the starters in the NFL to start 5 games. 

What is this more that he is doing that you can clearly point out?

I'm talking about strictly the TALENT around our rookie QB not what they are asked to do. The collection of WRs, Rbs, TEs, and Offensive lineman analyzed as an entire unit. Bryce easily has the worst collection of talent out of any other starting Qb in the NFL, and if he doesn't then who does is my question

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

I'm talking about strictly the TALENT around our rookie QB not what they are asked to do. The collection of WRs, Rbs, TEs, and Offensive lineman analyzed as an entire unit. Bryce easily has the worst collection of talent out of any other starting Qb in the NFL, and if he doesn't then who does is my question

Again, this is still just a subjective totally 100% opinion based assessment with two questions ,  not one. 

We can debate talent from a position by position conversation but that’s still going to be ultra subjective. Like Ikky hasn’t played well. But he did last year and he has tremendous talent. He’s more talented than a lot of LTs. 

What is he asked to do with that talent? Not 100% sure what his assignments are on each snap. We can guess. 

Back to talent: Justin Jefferson and JaMarr Chase have both said TMJ is more talented than them. I haven’t seen that. So how do we grade talent? Based on draft position? Based on stats? Not every guy is in position for stats the way lesser talented players are, etc. 

Almost our entire line last year was better across the board. Chuba has more talent than Foreman and Sanders has crazy talent. He’s had mega rush yards and been a hell of a receiver in years past. But he’s not been that here. How do you grade his talent level? 

These are just quick examples. Nobody here is going to invest 12 hours a day looking at film of every team to gauge talent levels and figure out what each of those units are being asked to do. This is why you can ask a question like this and not get a great reply. Every bit of it is totally subjective. 

1 minute ago, Varking said:

Again, this is still just a subjective totally 100% opinion based assessment with two questions ,  not one. 

We can debate talent from a position by position conversation but that’s still going to be ultra subjective. Like Ikky hasn’t played well. But he did last year and he has tremendous talent. He’s more talented than a lot of LTs. 

What is he asked to do with that talent? Not 100% sure what his assignments are on each snap. We can guess. 

Back to talent: Justin Jefferson and JaMarr Chase have both said TMJ is more talented than them. I haven’t seen that. So how do we grade talent? Based on draft position? Based on stats? Not every guy is in position for stats the way lesser talented players are, etc. 

Almost our entire line last year was better across the board. Chuba has more talent than Foreman and Sanders has crazy talent. He’s had mega rush yards and been a hell of a receiver in years past. But he’s not been that here. How do you grade his talent level? 

These are just quick examples. Nobody here is going to invest 12 hours a day looking at film of every team to gauge talent levels and figure out what each of those units are being asked to do. This is why you can ask a question like this and not get a great reply. Every bit of it is totally subjective. 

It's not really that difficult of a question as you make it out to be and can be done very quickly by looking at what each QB has around them. 

NFC South for example

Saints have Michael Thomas, Chris Olave, Alvin Kamara, Jamaal Williams <- More talented core than the Panthers

Buccs have Chris Godwin, Mike Evans <- both WRs are more talented than any WRs we have

Falcons have Bijan, Allgerie, Pitts, and London <- more talented than our core of players

You can legit go through every single team just like that and easily see the talent difference between them and the Panthers. You can't deny that the team did a piss poor job at surrounding our #1 pick with quality talent in his 1st NFL season. Add in the fact our defense has given up the 2nd most points in the NFL and its not hard to see why this team is 0-6 and our rookie QB is struggling.

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Football is a team sport.  Why is it that people have so much trouble understanding that simple fact? One guy can't do it by themselves.  There isn't a number 1 receiver on this team and a majority of the skill positions would be backups anywhere else. Not to mention, the coaching is abysmal. Maybe it makes some feel better thinking we are one player away from being good. We are not.

• Beer 1

The struggling oline is the biggest factor right now. I think the talk of our weapons being terrible has reached a point where people are just repeating it without actually considering. Thielen is plenty capable even at his age Hurst is a solid TE and Tremble has potential. Chark I feel like is being crapped on because Bryce can't find him deep but he's had a fair level of success with two different teams previously. Mingo isn't ready and TMJ is just Dwayne Jarrett 2.0 at this point. But Chubba is looking pretty damn good and had a very solid first half. There's no excuse for our offense to have been shut out for 3 quarters though and part of that is the defense adjusting knowing we were absolutely no threat downfield. I don't think people are taking into account just how much of an impact this has as the game goes on.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

The struggling oline is the biggest factor right now. I think the talk of our weapons being terrible has reached a point where people are just repeating it without actually considering. Thielen is plenty capable even at his age Hurst is a solid TE and Tremble has potential. Chark I feel like is being crapped on because Bryce can't find him deep but he's had a fair level of success with two different teams previously. Mingo isn't ready and TMJ is just Dwayne Jarrett 2.0 at this point. But Chubba is looking pretty damn good and had a very solid first half. There's no excuse for our offense to have been shut out for 3 quarters though and part of that is the defense adjusting knowing we were absolutely no threat downfield. I don't think people are taking into account just how much of an impact this has as the game goes on.

What other team is relying on a 33 year old slot WR as their primary weapon? Agree with the other parts of this though, potential is there but potential is just that...when it comes to actual success in this league the Panthers have the worst collection of talent, period.

Those defenses watch film and come in with a plan. I don't think they change that plan after 2 quarters saying "hey these guys cant throw down field" they would already know that going into the game lol

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin