• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's Talk second round WR prospects...

micnificent28

Yes its all doom and gloom and missing out on generational talents like Caleb Williams and Marvin Harrison(baby randy moss)jr sucks. But only the back end this is a very good Draft class. 2 guys who could be there in the second round at the top i really like or if we trade up at the end of the first.

I haven't gotten to look at everyone but I always start with my favorite team  Florida State. and Man we got 2 good ones Which is rare at FSU. Keon Coleman a tranfer from Michigan State has been unreal. 3 touchdown catches  day 1 in first game Vs sec power LSU..

guy is 6'4 and Is great after the catch to the point he returns punts which is rare for wr. I mean this was last week this guy is ridiculous might not be there in the second round.

On the other end.. I know this is going to scare panthers fans but think Kelvin Benjamin but faster.   Johnny Wilson is Batman or robin to coleman.  At 6'7 hes taller than Benjamin and doesnt seem to lack speed.

Wilson needs to work on consistency but his talent isnt to be underestimated. These 2 guys basically take turns mossing smaller DBs... Want to know why FSU is undefeated? these 2 guys(and qb travis)

While I hate not having a first the future is bright...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I would rather they draft the CB/LB due to the past 2nd round WR we drafted and sign WR1 & WR2 from the FA......

Jonathan Mingo (pending)

Terrace Marshall jr

Curtis Samuel

Devin Funchess

Dwayne Jarrett

Keary Colbert

Muhshin Muhammad (Exception)

Edited by WestPanthers
  • Pie 2

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Didnt we just spend 2 picks on wr in the 2nd round the past few drafts?  And know you want to spend yet another one?  Logic doesnt compute

I would blame the scouting department. Just because they get it wrong doesnt mean you cant get it right. For ever TMJ or mingo whoever there is DK metcalf and pua Necua and tank Dell other guys who do hit.

Just now, Byrdman4real said:

What kills me is this staff will always pass over the prospects thats suppose to be taken at the pick for prospects thats suppose to be taken in later rounds. 

We take too many fliers on pure measurables prospects. I'm all about it occasionally. Sometimes you can hit some real home runs. But when you look at most of our picks since Rhule was hired it's like we're just taking the highest rated RAS prospect on the board. We need to try to win football games, not the Combine.

• Beer 4