• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seriously, do y'all want a positive vibes only thread?

LinvilleGorge

Do y'all want a positive vibes only thread?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do y'all want a positive vibes only thread?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Martin said:

The biggest problem, like everywhere in society today, is the extreme positions. People who try to have a balanced view and discussions about the good and the bad gets drowned out immediately. 

E.g. Young is making progress is immediately met by “well his deep ball is terrible”. Both are true, but they are not mutually exclusive, and that seems to be the major struggle for a lot of people on this board.

It’s unreal. This the 4th post on the QB school thread. A video which had some great technical breakdowns of both the good and bad.

But the positive posters are the problem. 

IMG_2296.jpeg

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, Martin said:

The biggest problem, like everywhere in society today, is the extreme positions. People who try to have a balanced view and discussions about the good and the bad gets drowned out immediately. 

E.g. Young is making progress is immediately met by “well his deep ball is terrible”. Both are true, but they are not mutually exclusive, and that seems to be the major struggle for a lot of people on this board.

Right. Or they say, did we really trade up for a guy who is ‘making progress?’.

Sure, that’s not ideal but at least he is getting better and not in a sling for the rest of the year.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Icege said:

The irony of the three posters most likely to poo up a thread being the first three to respond with no attempt at a good faith engagement says all that needs to be said.

Being that you're a twitter (X) regular it's strange you think cleansing this place is going to lead to all problems being solved. If anything you should be used to this and fully understand this is the way the internet is and will remain as long as humans are involved.

What people want is for every thread to not be polluted with mindless anti Bryce bashing. Like the QB school thread. It was a mostly positive video, some things to work on, and the third response in the thread was an extremely lazy comparison to Teddy Bridgewater that looked like it came from somebody who didn’t even watch the video with a disparaging statement against the two positive posts in the thread. By a mod no less. And then said mod creating a snarky troll thread because his negative post got pooed on and pretending like it was sincere. Nobody likes a wet blanket. We all have enough to dislike about the team without the constant wet blankets trying to put a damper on anything that doesn’t support their opinions.

• Flames 3

Just now, WUnderhill said:

What people want is for every thread to not be polluted with mindless anti Bryce bashing. Like the QB school thread. It was a mostly positive video, some things to work on, and the third response in the thread was an extremely lazy comparison to Teddy Bridgewater that looked like it came from somebody who didn’t even watch the video with a disparaging statement against the two positive posts in the thread. By a mod no less. And then said mod creating a snarky troll thread because his negative post got pooed on and pretending like it was sincere. Nobody likes a wet blanket. We all have enough to dislike about the team without the constant wet blankets trying to put a damper on anything that doesn’t support their opinions.

This is the problem. For some posters anything that doesn't fit their viewpoint is trolling. The comp to Teddy was sincere. Both Bryce and Teddy are good QBs in the short to mid-range game but struggle to threaten the defense vertically. When Teddy was our QB, there were a handful of positive vibes only posters who would always make sarcastic posts anytime Teddy would complete a pass over 10 yards.

It feels like the same thing all over again.

"Anti-Bryce" is basically "anything I don't want to read that challenges my thoughts".

Some of this reminds me of when we were having the first real doubts about Matt Rhule and people who didn't want to hear about it kept labeling any criticism as "Anti-Rhule".

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is the problem. For some posters anything that doesn't fit their viewpoint is trolling. The comp to Teddy was sincere. Both Bryce and Teddy are good QBs in the short to mid-range game but struggle to threaten the defense vertically. When Teddy was our QB, there were a handful of positive vibes only posters who would always make sarcastic posts anytime Teddy would complete a pass over 10 yards.

It feels like the same thing all over again.

I hated Teddy. I didn’t want him here ever. It’s not coping to say it’s a lazy and ridiculous comparison 5 games into Bryce Young’s career. You leading by saying anybody that disagrees with you is “cope” is where you lose any benefit of the doubt that you are trying to have a sincere discussion. 5 games with the worst OL in the league and you wonder why he’s not taking a bunch of deep shots after watching him get blasted blindside on the literal first play of the video. How many folks were upset with getting Cam killed behind bad OL’s with slow developing pass plays. I remember that too well, it’s clear some have forgotten. It is 6 games into his rookie season and we’re pulling guys off the street at OG with the slowest WRs and have the second worst defense in the NFL. It’s lazy and ridiculous to be dragging Bryce Young for the poo show that has been this team.

1 minute ago, WUnderhill said:

I hated Teddy. I didn’t want him here ever. It’s not coping to say it’s a lazy and ridiculous comparison 5 games into Bryce Young’s career. You leading by saying anybody that disagrees with you is “cope” is where you lose any benefit of the doubt that you are trying to have a sincere discussion. 5 games with the worst OL in the league and you wonder why he’s not taking a bunch of deep shots after watching him get blasted blindside on the literal first play of the video. How many folks were upset with getting Cam killed behind bad OL’s with slow developing pass plays. I remember that too well, it’s clear some have forgotten. It is 6 games into his rookie season and we’re pulling guys off the street at OG with the slowest WRs and have the second worst defense in the NFL. It’s lazy and ridiculous to be dragging Bryce Young for the poo show that has been this team.

Seems like anyone who disagrees with you is automatically "lazy and ridiculous" so whatever. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

I hated Teddy.

Hate is a strong word. I gave him a chance but he clearly wasn't the guy after several starts. I vocally wanted to move on and I make no apologies for it. That being said he did have some moments where he impressed. But what it boiled down to was he was like Kirk Cousins in that playoff game opting for a pass behind the line of scrimmage instead of going for broke. Except somehow worse. You can't win with that. Personality wise Teddy was kind of awkward at times. But he was totally right about Rhule and his staff and that vindicated him to a degree.

As much as I don't like it. There are some things about Teddy that line up with Bryce for the moment. But it's too early to say. We have to let the season play out.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

This whole idea of a "positivity only" thread is weird and condescending.  Like "okay you kids go on and play in the sandbox with your sunshine and rainbows, while us adults go and talk about grown-up things like how Bryce Young literally cannot throw a ball further than 3 yards".

There's only a handful of posters who insist on positive opinions only. I'd offer a forum if I could create one.

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There's only a handful of posters who insist on positive opinions only. I'd offer a forum if I could create one.

I’ll ask again why you don’t have this opinion towards the negative only posters. I am honesty curious.