• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you want a #1, you go get Devante Adams

RumHam

Let him stay where he is this year.  He won't make a difference for us this year, and he won't be playing on his current contract next year anyway.

His salary goes from 16 million this year to 35 million next year.  No way the Raiders swallow that.  They save 36 million on their cap next year by designating him post 6/1.  Only QB's are worth that money - even as good as he is.

It doesn't really make sense for Adams. Why would he want to spend the twilight of his career on a trash team with a QB who is still learning the position? Why a guy is on the tail end of his career he's thinking about the SB, and going to teams with experienced QBs. Why would he uproot his whole life to come to the poop Panthers? Why would he want to bring his family to Charlotte? Some extra money and losing? He's already filthy rich.

We're trapped right now with a bad team that's probably going 0-17. The time to prepare and trade was before this season started. Fitt made 0-17 type moves, and now we take our medicine. Major changes to this team can be made once this dreadful season comes to a merciful end. Priority one will be obtaining a #1 WR who is not in his 30s, and can be lured with piles of cash. 

On 10/19/2023 at 1:19 PM, SmokinwithWilly said:

Adams, their 1st and 25' 2nd and I'd be good with that. 

Adams and their 1st for Burns. Burns is worth two 1st round picks. Adams is worth one 1st. Get it done so Bryce can get on the right track. His development over the next 5 years is the most important thing for this franchise. 

18 hours ago, pantherj said:

It doesn't really make sense for Adams. Why would he want to spend the twilight of his career on a trash team with a QB who is still learning the position? Why a guy is on the tail end of his career he's thinking about the SB, and going to teams with experienced QBs. Why would he uproot his whole life to come to the poop Panthers? Why would he want to bring his family to Charlotte? Some extra money and losing? He's already filthy rich.

We're trapped right now with a bad team that's probably going 0-17. The time to prepare and trade was before this season started. Fitt made 0-17 type moves, and now we take our medicine. Major changes to this team can be made once this dreadful season comes to a merciful end. Priority one will be obtaining a #1 WR who is not in his 30s, and can be lured with piles of cash. 

Nobody gives up their WR in free agency? Adams was had bc he was part of a really costly trade. Diggs, Hill same story…#1 receivers don’t hit free agency. So no matter what a trade is going to have to happen or we’re going to be waiting years on a draft prospect to turn into a #1. 

10 hours ago, unicar15 said:

Adams and their 1st for Burns. Burns is worth two 1st round picks. Adams is worth one 1st. Get it done so Bryce can get on the right track. His development over the next 5 years is the most important thing for this franchise. 

LOL this is just a no on so many levels

Adams would be so unhappy here, you don't trade for a player who is unhappy losing on a better team than ours.

The Raiders are NOT trading their first round pick next year for the right to pay a monster contract to a pass rusher when they have a better pass rusher already on the roster and might need that draft pick to take a new QB.

Just now, tukafan21 said:

LOL best pot calling the kettle black moment in the history of message boards

You can't be referring to me. I'm on the keep Burns go for Higgins in FA bandwagon.

Besides that I haven't even suggested any other trades unless you talking about my Justin Fields backup idea?

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You can't be referring to me. I'm on the keep Burns go for Higgins in FA bandwagon.

Besides that I haven't even suggested any other trades unless you talking about my Justin Fields backup idea?

It was the Madden comment, the same thing I say all the time about you, that you only talk about things as if it's a real life game of Madden, never anything realistic because you severely lack an understanding of things like the cap and what real life NFL teams are trying to do (like your Fields idea, that's Madden, not real life)

Edited by tukafan21

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

It was the Madden comment, the same thing I say all the time about you, that you only talk about things as if it's a real life game of Madden, never anything realistic because you severely lack an understanding of things like the cap and what real life NFL teams are trying to do (like your Fields idea, that's Madden, not real life)

LMAO this guy.

Can we reach common ground on anything?