• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Trade Deadline & Speculation Thread

Bear Hands

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

FYI:

I posted it above 🙂 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Does that matter if they're still good players though? Jaylon Johnson certainly isn't a bad player.

Roquan Smith is one of the names mentioned in these complaints.

I mean usually when a new GM comes in they assess and move a bunch of current players around and a lot of times good players get moved. That is why its usually a death sentence for a young QB to get drafted by a coach+GM regime one year and then have a new coach and GM the next, like what happened in Chicago. 

Instead of building around the QB in the second year ( first year for the coach and GM ) they went heavy defense. 

Kind of like when the Cardinals had Rosen and then got KK to coach the team and then boom, they were moving on from him. New GMs like to sign and draft their own "guys" and not reward the previous guys guys who happened to get him fired. 

10 minutes ago, Varking said:

I posted it above 🙂 

I mean usually when a new GM comes in they assess and move a bunch of current players around and a lot of times good players get moved. That is why its usually a death sentence for a young QB to get drafted by a coach+GM regime one year and then have a new coach and GM the next, like what happened in Chicago. 

Instead of building around the QB in the second year ( first year for the coach and GM ) they went heavy defense. 

Kind of like when the Cardinals had Rosen and then got KK to coach the team and then boom, they were moving on from him. New GMs like to sign and draft their own "guys" and not reward the previous guys guys who happened to get him fired. 

The same GM that drafted Josh Rosen is the one that moved on from him. It wasn't a case of a new GM.

It only makes sense to trade away previously acquired quality players if they don't fit a new coach's system. I haven't seen anything confirming that regarding Poles.

I have seen this regarding Sweat...

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The same GM that drafted Josh Rosen is the one that moved on from him. It wasn't a case of a new GM.

It only makes sense to trade away previously acquired quality players if they don't fit a new coach's system. I haven't seen anything confirming that regarding Poles.

I have seen this regarding Sweat...

It gives the Bears a few months of trying to work out a deal and if one is not reached they franchise tag him. Hes not a few month rental.