• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game 1

Jackie Lee

10 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Hornets did what they needed to do before and at the trade deadline - good moves for the team moving forward.

I know the season is far from over, but I do want to see how the new ownership directs the new GM/President of Basketball operations now that Kupchak has stepped down.

I actually have some excitement for the Hornets now.....go figure!

Tre Mann has serious All-Star potential (younger and cheaper than Rozier and higher upside) and Grant Williams is a huge 3-and-D glue-guy.  

Throw in the first-round picks and the salary dumps and I really like what we have right now.

• Beer 2

I know it’s been against some weaker competition, but a 10-41 team suddenly going 5-1 after big trades is more than remarkable.  And holding an NBA team to 80 points on the road is insane.  Two games against the Bucks probably won’t sustain this hot streak but I like the trajectory of this team moving forward.

18 hours ago, HardcoreHokie said:

I know it’s been against some weaker competition, but a 10-41 team suddenly going 5-1 after big trades is more than remarkable.  And holding an NBA team to 80 points on the road is insane.  Two games against the Bucks probably won’t sustain this hot streak but I like the trajectory of this team moving forward.

I really believe we can get 1 of these next 2. 

• Beer 1

Anyone have a take on Davis Bertans?

When I saw him part of the Hayward trade and saw his contract ($17mik), I assumed he’d be a buyout along with Kyle Lowry.

But he didn’t get bought out and is playing significant minutes.  Seems to be a stretch 4 (6’10) that can actually shoot the three at a decent clip.  He was 4/8 from three tonight, mostly garbage time.

At $17mil (not fully guaranteed) he’s one of our most expensive players but can’t imagine he’s a longterm fit.  Guessing he was included to match Hayward’s salary and won’t stick around CLT next year?  The real pieces from that move were Micic, Tre Mann, and the two 2nds.

Edited by HardcoreHokie

13 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Anyone have a take on Davis Bertans?

When I saw him part of the Hayward trade and saw his contract ($17mik), I assumed he’d be a buyout along with Kyle Lowry.

But he didn’t get bought out and is playing significant minutes.  Seems to be a stretch 4 (6’10) that can actually shoot the three at a decent clip.  He was 4/8 from three tonight, mostly garbage time.

At $17mil (not fully guaranteed) he’s one of our most expensive players but can’t imagine he’s a longterm fit.  Guessing he was included to match Hayward’s salary and won’t stick around CLT next year?  The real pieces from that move were Micic, Tre Mann, and the two 2nds.

I like Bertans, just not at $17M. With only a third of his contract being guaranteed next year, I’d try to convince him to use his ETO and then bring him back at like $7M a year on a two year deal. I feel like he’s the perfect bench player.

However, we did sign Aleksej Pokuševski today so if he progresses through the remainder of the year then Bertans is probably expendable.

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I like Bertans, just not at $17M. With only a third of his contract being guaranteed next year, I’d try to convince him to use his ETO and then bring him back at like $7M a year on a two year deal. I feel like he’s the perfect bench player.

However, we did sign Aleksej Pokuševski today so if he progresses through the remainder of the year then Bertans is probably expendable.

Didn’t see that Aleksej Pokuševski signing, thanks.

17th overall pick at 19 years old, 7-foot Serbian who ran the point one game for OKC and had an NBA triple double, lol?  Some lofty comparisons to Chet Holmgrem.

Sounds like your hail-Mary type pickup, maybe he’s nothing, maybe he sticks.

I do like that we’re getting younger.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1