• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ickey is fuging garbage - the official thread™

1 hour ago, DCR said:

Ickey was the best run blocking prospect in the draft, which is why we took him.

they took him because they believed he had the skillset to develop into an elite pass protector (and because he was the local kid)

you would never draft a guy because he was the best run blocking prospect when you had a high end pass protector there in Cross. That’s not the way the game is built.

thankfully the local boy angle didn’t shape their determination at the head coaching spot

17 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Almost every great OT has a rough second season. Just part of the deal. 

He's going to get better.

Yea I'm kind of on the fence with this. He's had some REALLY bad reps this season and even in the preseason he just did not look good in pass pro. He has some solid reps sometimes though and is still a pretty good run blocker. He's very young still like a lot of guys on our team. This is a season of learning and growing as a young football team. I just hope it doesn't land Young on IR while they continue to fight through it

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Yea I'm kind of on the fence with this. He's had some REALLY bad reps this season and even in the preseason he just did not look good in pass pro. He has some solid reps sometimes though and is still a pretty good run blocker. He's very young still like a lot of guys on our team. This is a season of learning and growing as a young football team. I just hope it doesn't land Young on IR while they continue to fight through it

Hardest position to find is an ace LT. Might be even fewer good ones in the league than there are good QBs. We've got to have some patience here and hold onto hope that we found one.

23 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

There was an offensive scheme change and not sure he fits it

Brady is also not a LG.  

it is a total mystery,  when it’s clear he needs help, that offensive coaches are not giving it to him and are letting their #1 draft pick get mauled every game

there are certainly was to scheme around this situation  the coaches are just not doing it     I guess they are ‘just a wishing  and a hoping’ for a miracle 

Frustrating , There were warning signs with the last game injuries to key starters last year and nothing of consequence was done to fix it and lack of depth 

I remember when we drafted  Ickey we were all excited because we felt the LT position had been solved long term.

Now they come along and have an offensive scheme change and our once strong OL looks below average to say the least. What is wrong with this picture?

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, KatsAzz said:

I remember when we drafted  Ickey we were all excited because we felt the LT position had been solved long term.

Now they come along and have an offensive scheme change and our once strong OL looks below average to say the least. What is wrong with this picture?

…and that, is the David Tepper era in a nutshell and why they are

30 wins and 59 losses (believe that is  the WL stat) during his time here 

successful teams have a scheme. That scheme has a blueprint for drafting and free agency 

this guy throws things at the wall…maybe, he’ll get lucky 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 3