• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Basketball 2023

beo

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The interesting thing to watch with state now is if someone comes and offers Keats a bag. They were coach shopping before state got hot and he knows it. He might bounce.

I thought about that earlier. It's a possible and the bag offer is perhaps likely too.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

The interesting thing to watch with state now is if someone comes and offers Keats a bag. They were coach shopping before state got hot and he knows it. He might bounce.

I would bounce if I were Keatts, he was a miracle shot away from being fired and he’ll have to rebuild the entire State team if he stays.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Winning the ACC tournament triggered a lot of bonuses, and a bag of money.  If someone comes at him, they better have deep pockets.  And would a deep pockets team come after a guy who was on the hot seat until the ACC tournament?  

2 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

That's a good point. From the team introduction, most of the guys playing are seniors and grad students.

I’ve said before, State doesn’t have the NIL brand to be anything other than a Cinderella which sucks because NIL is ruining college sports. Rebuilding this team is going to be tough.

If I’m Keatts and Arkansas comes calling then I’m gone.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Winning the ACC tournament triggered a lot of bonuses, and a bag of money.  If someone comes at him, they better have deep pockets.  And would a deep pockets team come after a guy who was on the hot seat until the ACC tournament?  

Does he have to stay to get that bag or did he get the bag already?

I mean, state was always competitive under Herb Sendek and they ran him off and sucked for years. They always get too big for their britches. If I'm Keats and the check has cleared I'm absolutely entertaining offers.

2 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Good run by State but they were outmatched all game long. Does anyone doubt UConn repeats?

Purdue definitely has enough to beat UConn…but Bama can score with anyone and they ain’t rolling over here

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I blame Linville for this State loss.

He said he was done and the moment he came back State has looked awful. Think for ruining a State Nat'l championship.

Wait, I thought you told us all State was winning a ship.  Humble pie is served

4 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I’ve said before, State doesn’t have the NIL brand to be anything other than a Cinderella which sucks because NIL is ruining college sports. Rebuilding this team is going to be tough.

If I’m Keatts and Arkansas comes calling then I’m gone.

They ultimately have to put some guardrails on NIL. College football is already ridiculously concentrated where only a small handful of teams have a reasonable opportunity of competing and basketball will get the same way of they don't do something.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Purdue definitely has enough to beat UConn…but Bama can score with anyone and they ain’t rolling over here

I think UConn and Purdue are the two best teams but I can't see Purdue beating them. It's just a bad match up. Bama runa completely hit or cold. Hot Bama can beat anybody. Cold Bama can get beat by anybody. 

• Pie 1