• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Montez Sweat new deal

jb2288

4 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

I have complete confidence that the Burbs deal will get done.  As far as his pr8ce, it'll be fair market value whether anybody else cares to admit it or not. 

What is his fair market value though? Because two of the more recent deals he's going to want to surpass went to guys of honestly take over him. Those guys being Crosby and Sweat. Those guys are complete players. Burns is a one trick pony. It's the trick that gets you paid but he quietly sucks against the run. He's good on pursuit but he's a liability when you run at him.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What is his fair market value though? Because two of the more recent deals he's going to want to surpass went to guys of honestly take over him. Those guys being Crosby and Sweat. Those guys are complete players. Burns is a one trick pony. It's the trick that gets you paid but he quietly sucks against the run.

Literally one of the worst run defending edges in the entire NFL. I love Burns. He’s one of the few autographs in recent years I went to get. But he’s not a complete player and for like two years now I thought he’d get better at setting an edge and he just hasn’t. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Varking said:

Literally one of the worst run defending edges in the entire NFL. I love Burns. He’s one of the few autographs in recent years I went to get. But he’s not a complete player and for like two years now I thought he’d get better at setting an edge and he just hasn’t. 

Yeah, I was very high on Burns but he just hasn't developed at all. Seems like no one we draft does.

This is why Burns should have already been signed or shipped off when the Rams came calling. They are going to have to pay him way more than he is worth. 

Fitt strkes again, he is absolutely worthless as a Gm and should have been gone when Rhule lelft. 

Hurney was 10x better. 

Edited by PootieNunu

27 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What is his fair market value though? Because two of the more recent deals he's going to want to surpass went to guys of honestly take over him. Those guys being Crosby and Sweat. Those guys are complete players. Burns is a one trick pony. It's the trick that gets you paid but he quietly sucks against the run. He's good on pursuit but he's a liability when you run at him.

He sucks so bad against the run he gets left unblocked sometimes and still doesnt make the tackle. or stonewalled by a TE.  To top that off in reality he probably isnt even a top 5 pass rusher and that is his calling card.

Edited by PootieNunu

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

He sucks so bad against the run he gets left unblocked sometimes and still doesnt make the tackle. or stonewalled by a TE.  To top that off in reality he probably isnt even a top 5 pass rusher and that is his calling card.

Borderline top 10 pure pass rusher. Bottom third run defender.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

24.5M/yr really doesn’t seem too bad. I’d prefer Sweat in a 4-3 over Burns, tbh, and I remember having that same thought on draft day. We’ve been stuck in this weird space with either too many 4-3 players trying to play 3-4 or too many 3-4 players trying to play 4-3 since Ron’s final year when he decided we were going to go hybrid. This franchise been back asswards for so long.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Noooooo idea how Burns can ask for 30mill per with a straight face after Sweat just got 24.5 per

I’d take Crosby over Burns and he’s at 23.5. 

Sweat 24.5.

Burns has no business asking for anything more than 25.5

Edited by *FreeFua*