• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For being an elite processor…

Knaakedup

On 11/7/2023 at 10:07 AM, DeAngelo Beason said:

There is not a single aspect of his game that I find to be NFL level, and I had the same opinion of him at Alabama.  Total disaster.  

I am  not arguing that point but my question is, if it is true, how in the world did he fool so many people that are suppose to be expert football evaluators?

2 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

I am  not arguing that point but my question is, if it is true, how in the world did he fool so many people that are suppose to be expert football evaluators?

It's easy - look how people started hyping up Blaine Gabbert during the Cam draft. A lot of these mouthpieces just follow the herd. 

One guy says something about Bryce, the rest don't take the time to form their own opinion and just spout out similar things. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, KatsAzz said:

Happens every year.  He damn sure didn't fool me, and I'm not a talent evaluator.  He looked like a gimmicky, gadget player in college.  He doesn't have any elite characteristics.  I felt he had bust written all over him... and here we are.

Houston probably paid someone to leak the BS story about the S2 score to make Bryce look even better.  They played chess while we played checkers.

• Pie 2

Just now, Knaakedup said:

It's easy - look how people started hyping up Blaine Gabbert during the Cam draft. A lot of these mouthpieces just follow the herd. 

One guy says something about Bryce, the rest don't take the time to form their own opinion and just spout out similar things. 

point guard

steph curry

s2

Most pro ready qb since luck

something

something

something

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 4

2 minutes ago, Knaakedup said:

Sadly, you are probably correct. But the Panthers had their own scouts and others doing evaluation and they screwed up big time. It will be hard to have faith or trust in any of their future player evaluations.

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Mikekoziol What GIF by Bizness Rebels

Yeah all the Cam lovers can come get some....he was a very poor QB.  The guy got an MVP on Luke and the defense - not cause he was exceptional - his stats that year were mediocre and the same as every other year.  The man had 3 winning seasons in 10 years....he was one of the least accurate QB's in the league his entire career....he had way more talent around him than Bryce does and a much better O-line.  He was the best QB THIS franchise ever had, because we have never had a top 10 QB.  As a #1 pick Cam was a disappointment without question.

2 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

Sadly, you are probably correct. But the Panthers had their own scouts and others doing evaluation and they screwed up big time. It will be hard to have faith or trust in any of their future player evaluations.

Bryce and CJ were the projected #1 and #2 for 2 years leading up.....everyone had them there.  Not disagreeing with you - but you would be hard pressed to find many who truly thought CJ was a star and Bryce was a bust....they all said they were both special.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

Yeah all the Cam lovers can come get some....he was a very poor QB.  The guy got an MVP on Luke and the defense - not cause he was exceptional - his stats that year were mediocre and the same as every other year.  The man had 3 winning seasons in 10 years....he was one of the least accurate QB's in the league his entire career....he had way more talent around him than Bryce does and a much better O-line.  He was the best QB THIS franchise ever had, because we have never had a top 10 QB.  As a #1 pick Cam was a disappointment without question.

You said Cam’s rookie season was just as unimpressive as Young’s. It’s VERY difficult to read anything else you are trying to say… I mean credibility is out the window. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Stingray3030 said:

Bryce and CJ were the projected #1 and #2 for 2 years leading up.....everyone had them there.  Not disagreeing with you - but you would be hard pressed to find many who truly thought CJ was a star and Bryce was a bust....they all said they were both special.

Most were projecting C.J Stroud to go # 1 overall early on but at the end they had Bryce Young leap frogging over him to be the #1 overall pick.

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

You said Cam’s rookie season was just as unimpressive as Young’s. It’s VERY difficult to read anything else you are trying to say… I mean credibility is out the window. 

You should go back and read it again.....I said Cam was disappointing, not his rookie season was disappointing

Edited by Stingray3030

1 minute ago, KatsAzz said:

Most were projecting C.J Stroud to go # 1 overall early on but at the end they had Bryce Young leap frogging over him to be the #1 overall pick.

They were projecting that the last few months after the trade - not the 2 years leading up.  And my point was just that everyone had them both 1 & 2.  Those projections also were mostly what they thought WE were gonna do, not who was better.  

• Pie 1