• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where I'm at midseason

Mr. Scot

Just now, CRA said:

I tried to tell people they need to start at the end of Frank's time in SD and Indy.  It's totally Frank 101.  From the jump it's a conspiracy theory with these folks.  Well, they actually just started last week with this oddball denial that we somehow aren't running Frank's base O.    All it took was someone posting a Panthers.com article and suddenly it's can't be Frank's O lol. 

Yeah, you had no idea about any of that stuff. Your whole criticism was "too much shotgun" 😄

16 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Lots of chatter without hitting this dead on - McVay runs stretch zone concepts. We are not running stretch zone, we are throwing out a lot of basic inside split zone concepts that set up mesh and simple triangle reads..Reich has loved this his entire career. it’s boring as sh*t and uninspiring. Also loves those thick receivers that don’t gain great separation, grabbed another in Mingo. Then has maybe 1 go-to gadget guy (Campbell, Royal, etc). Then combine that with slowly progressing crossing routes and badly timed screens. 

This is not a McVay mold, not even close. That would require stretching defenses horizontally and vertically — heavy misdirects, pre-snap motioning, none of that is happening.  Sure, Brown may have had heavy input in the room to build this out, but this is Reich’s offense. It’s pretty glaring. This is Reich 101.

Truth is Bozeman is having an absolutely awful season next to guards who have no business playing (until Corbett returned). One of the biggest issues. He’s also no longer calling out protections, Bryce is trying to do that more. And he’s not ready for what he’s trying to do presnap.  Add that up with having a crap HC who is implementing an archaic 2010s scheme, bad WRs, and a poorly performing rookie QB, and you get this..

Bozeman and the guards were talked about elsewhere but not so much here because this thread wasn't heavily about the offense so much as it was about what's going on behind the scenes.

Addressing this particular discussion would likely be better done in a separate thread but I'll look at some of it here.

One of the things I think made a difference in what they were doing laterally was the switch to Hubbard. What he's shown he can do is turn on a dime to take those lateral runs in a North South direction. That's something you really need in order to make those concepts go.

Sanders had proven he could do that in prior seasons, but wasn't doing a very good job of it this year. He did look better yesterday, although not necessarily in that particular metric so much as just general running.

As to the vertical aspect, I think the reason we're not doing that is the Young hasn't been able to consistently hit those routes yet, though he's starting to. Yesterday he did that with Hurst, and the week before with Thielen.

That's the kind of improvement I've been hoping to see.

FYI: If you want a more detailed discussion of the offense, do us a favor and start a separate thread with this particular post (or one like it).

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, you had no idea about any of that stuff. Your whole criticism was "too much shotgun" 😄

You don't read posts.  It's baby stepping.   You have to be able to concede basic facts exist to bother wasting time on an in depth convo.  Which you couldn't even concede a simple fact such as McVay doesn't run his scheme so heavily from the gun as Frank does.  

and Frank's overreliance on running everything from the gun is relevant to critiquing his scheme. Because the next baby step is to dissect his run game.....and the problems his run game has consistently gotten into at every stop.  Often at the end of his tenure.  

Just now, CRA said:

You don't read posts.  It's baby stepping.   You have to be able to concede basic facts exist to bother wasting time on an in depth convo.  Which you couldn't even concede a simple fact such as McVay doesn't run his scheme so heavily from the gun as Frank does.  

and Frank's overreliance on running everything from the gun is relevant to critiquing his scheme. Because the next baby step is to dissect his run game.....and the problems his run game has consistently gotten into at every stop.  Often at the end of his tenure.  

Oh I read your posts, and the responses to them.

It became clear pretty quickly that you were out of your element 😄

6 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Ain’t u that feller who smugly said not worry about the preseason performances and that signing Miles Sanders was good 

Preseason would have you thinking Stroud was an INT machine and he wasn’t ready for the NFL. Preseason ultimately doesnt tell you how somebody is about to perform in the regular season. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Oh I read your posts, and the responses to them.

It became clear pretty quickly that you were out of your element 😄

I mean, I'm not the dude denying we are running Frank's Reich core O.  I have no idea what Panther front office homeristic reason caused to attempt to beat this drum last week.....

I'll enjoy reading your thread in the coming weeks where you lecture on the flaws of the Frank Reich O that we have been running all season.....and then you not having the time to address all your Frank Reich flat earthing that was going on leading up to it lol.    

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

except when it does

There’s far too many examples of dudes being all world in preseason and it not translating to the real games. And there’s far too many examples of dudes struggling and then the switch flips for the regular season. And with the new strategies for preseason with only three games it’s even harder to tell what’s going to translate because coaches haven’t found that sweet spot yet for playing vs resting. 

Just now, CRA said:

I mean, I'm not the dude denying we are running Frank's Reich core O.  I have no idea what Panther front office homeristic reason caused to attempt to beat this drum last week.....

I'll enjoy reading your thread in the coming weeks where you lecture on the flaws of the Frank Reich O that we have been running all season.....and then you not having the time to address all your Frank Reich flat earthing that was going on leading up to it lol.    

Dude, you don't even know what a Frank Reich offense isThat's why your discussions of it weren't taken seriously.

We have a guy to come on here who discusses some actual concepts related to it and then you're signing on going "yeah, that's what I said", except what you said wasn't anything close 😄

Just now, CRA said:

I dont get this board/mods in regards to mr scot.  I get warning points for laughing at him and he says he wants to have a "intelligent discussion" about the team but all he does is troll and insult other posters while crying to the mods on the back end.  Something is flawed in this methodology.  He is a big boy let him take his lumps.   His posts are his post, most reasonable people see it for what it is but threatening to ban folks over him is simply extreme

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Dude, you don't even know what a Frank Reich offense isThat's why your discussions of it weren't taken seriously.

We have a guy to come on here who discusses some actual concepts related to it and then you're signing on going "yeah, that's what I said", except what you said wasn't anything close 😄

Sure, I do.  I watch it every Sunday.   It will be on display Thursday Night on Amazon if you would like to learn more about it. 

Like I said, I look forward to your post in the future where you concede you were wrong.....but while also totally arguing you never were. 

and I'm out for real this time.  No more pulling a Mr. Scot from me. 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

In that clip of them meeting with Stroud on the practice field you could kinda see it. McCown was very drawn to him while Tepper was kinda just there with the "Alright guys, y'all ready to head out? This was for appearance sake only. We're drafting Bryce Young." energy 

Yes,I think it was obvious that McCown wanted C.J. Stroud

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Sure, I do.  I watch it every Sunday.   It will be on display Thursday Night on Amazon if you would like to learn more about it. 

Like I said, I look forward to your post in the future where you concede you were wrong.....but while totally also totally arguing you never were. 

and I'm out for real this time.  No more pulling a Mr. Scot from me. 

Watching it doesn't mean you can define it, and when you were challenged to you couldn't.

Oh and while we're at it, Thomas Brown wrote the playbook 😄

Edited by Mr. Scot