• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where I'm at midseason

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

the fact Brown came from a system with the blocking scheme Frank Reich would be using.....was probably a key reason the newb/green OC got the job.  I mean, there is a reason Frank hired Brown. 

Yeah having similar ideas for offense and you are mad the offense looks similar???  

5 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

What? Rams strategy? No, I wouldn’t follow their strategy because we don’t have a window and because they gave up way too much value. It worked for the SB win, but gutted their team although they did better with their late picks this year than we did with most of our non-1st round picks. Puca was a steal and is way better than the 2nds we threw at TMJ and Mingo.

Anyway, what does the Rams strategy have to do with us? I want to be Jacksonville and Detroit who improved from doormats thanks to getting all the picks from the Rams.

Also, let’s be real. Having CMC, Moore, our 2024 1st, 2025 2nd, pick 61 and $30M a year in FA money over Burns makes us a way better team. Just stop trying to defend not making that trade, it’s silly at this point. Burns is tied for 24th in sacks right now. The whole edge rushers are so rare isn’t true. We could have grabbed Sweat and Young on the cheap if we wanted too as well.

The Rams strategy of "F*** them picks"

Also to be clear, I would have traded Burns for that haul, but that trade leaves you in the spot of needing a foundational player that's not easy to find after giving up the one you did find.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Also to be clear, I would have traded Burns for that haul, but that trade leaves you in the spot of needing a foundational player that's not easy to find after giving up the one you did find.

I think we could have used that 2nd round pick on a pass rusher plus signed a decent one.  Hell we could have traded for either of Washington's pass rushers and still had those 1sts.  

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think we could have used that 2nd round pick on a pass rusher plus signed a decent one.  Hell we could have traded for either of Washington's pass rushers and still had those 1sts.  

Possible. I wasn't a big fan of either Washington guy though.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Umm, have you been paying attention? We have been saying F them picks for Fitt’s tenure. We gave up 2nd, 4th and 6th for Darnold, 3rd for CJ, 5th for Mayfield, 3rd and 4th for Corral, 3rd and 4th (CMC) for DJ Johnson and 1st, 1st, 2nd (CMC), 2nd and DJ Moore for Young.

All we have for that is Young.

The Burns trade was a freaking bounty and there is no scenario to reject. There have been multiple FAs available every year that have put up 9-10+ sacks. Could have signed Floyd or traded for Sweat or Chase this year. We also let Reddick go ourselves. $30M a year gets us Sweat plus Floyd like yearly rentals. Then those 2 1sts and pick 36 can become offensive weapons or get you a QB.

Lots of chatter without hitting this dead on - McVay runs stretch zone concepts. We are not running stretch zone, we are throwing out a lot of basic inside split zone concepts that set up mesh and simple triangle reads..Reich has loved this his entire career. it’s boring as sh*t and uninspiring. Also loves those thick receivers that don’t gain great separation, grabbed another in Mingo. Then has maybe 1 go-to gadget guy (Campbell, Royal, etc). Then combine that with slowly progressing crossing routes and badly timed screens. 

This is not a McVay mold, not even close. That would require stretching defenses horizontally and vertically — heavy misdirects, pre-snap motioning, none of that is happening.  Sure, Brown may have had heavy input in the room to build this out, but this is Reich’s offense. It’s pretty glaring. This is Reich 101.

Truth is Bozeman is having an absolutely awful season next to guards who have no business playing (until Corbett returned). One of the biggest issues. He’s also no longer calling out protections, Bryce is trying to do that more. And he’s not ready for what he’s trying to do presnap.  Add that up with having a crap HC who is implementing an archaic 2010s scheme, bad WRs, and a poorly performing rookie QB, and you get this..

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Lots of chatter without hitting this dead on - McVay runs stretch zone concepts. We are not running stretch zone, we are throwing out a lot of basic inside split zone concepts that set up mesh and simple triangle reads..Reich has loved this his entire career. it’s boring as sh*t and uninspiring. Also loves those thick receivers that don’t gain great separation, grabbed another in Mingo. Then has maybe 1 go-to gadget guy (Campbell, Royal, etc). Then combine that with slowly progressing crossing routes and badly timed screens. 

This is not a McVay mold, not even close. That would require stretching defenses horizontally and vertically — heavy misdirects, pre-snap motioning, none of that is happening.  Sure, Brown may have had heavy input in the room to build this out, but this is Reich’s offense. It’s pretty glaring. This is Reich 101.

Truth is Bozeman is having an absolutely awful season next to guards who have no business playing (until Corbett returned). One of the biggest issues. He’s also no longer calling out protections, Bryce is trying to do that more. And he’s not ready for what he’s trying to do presnap.  Add that up with having a crap HC who is implementing an archaic 2010s scheme, bad WRs, and a poorly performing rookie QB, and you get this..

I tried to tell people they need to start at the end of Frank's time in SD and Indy.  It's totally Frank 101.  From the jump it's a conspiracy theory with these folks.  Well, they actually just started last week with this oddball denial that we somehow aren't running Frank's base O.    All it took was someone posting a Panthers.com article and suddenly it can't be Frank's O lol. 

a real conspiracy is somehow thinking Thomas Brown invented his own offense that stubborn old Frank Reich was going to call the plays for and attach his name to.