• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How would you rank all the Panthers QBs that have started a game?

X-Clown

I got this idea from seeing a fans ranking of all 36 starting QBs that the Browns have gone through so far and it kept my mind off what is going to happen to us tomorrow.

We have had 24 quarterbacks that started at least one regular season game for us in our team’s history. Based strictly on their Panthers career up to this point, how would you rank them? 

Here are your starters, listed first by when they played:

Frank Reich 

Kerry Collins

Steve Beuerlein

Chris Weinke

Matt Lytle

Rodney Peete

Randy Fasani

Jake Delhomme

Vinny Testaverde

David Carr

Matt Moore

Jimmy Clausen 

Brian St. Pierre

Cam Newton

Derek Anderson

Taylor Heinicke

Kyle Allen

Will Grier

Teddy Bridgewater 

PJ Walker

Sam Darnold

Baker Mayfield 

Bryce Young

Andy Dalton 

Here is what I came up with. Again I’m listing by what they’ve accomplished in their time as a panther, not overall career elsewhere or general ability. Hence why I have Andy Dalton ranked below Clausen, Carr etc since he’s only started one game up to this point. Also this is not meant to be an indictment on Bryce, he has a lot of factors working against him and obviously is just getting started. And yes this did get really sad to try to rank after the top 4.

1. Cam Newton
  2. Jake Delhomme
  3. Steve Beuerlein
  4. Kerry Collins
  5. Rodney Peete
  6. Sam Darnold
  7. Matt Moore
  8. Teddy Bridgewater
  9. Derek Anderson
  10. Kyle Allen
  11. Bryce Young
  12. Baker Mayfield
  13. PJ Walker
  14. Vinny Testaverde
  15. Chris Weinke
  16. David Carr
  17. Jimmy Clausen
  18. Andy Dalton
  19. Taylor Heinicke
  20. Frank Reich
  21. Will Grier
  22. Brian St. Pierre
  23. Matt Lytle
  24. Randy Fasani

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He had a great season in '99 but honestly that was before I really became a fan. Can't say I actually watched many of those games. Drafting Peppers in '02 made me a fan.

86 TDs vs 50 INTs as a Panther before the passing rules became more favorable. I’d sign up for that right now, no questions asked.

5 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

86 TDs vs 50 INTs as a Panther before the passing rules became more favorable. I’d sign up for that right now, no questions asked.

Happily. I'm ust saying the '99 season was a very significant outlier. He had pretty close to a 1:1 TD:INT ratio outside of that year.

Now that '99 season, I mean that's probably a Pro Bowl nod even in today's league.

29 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Happily. I'm ust saying the '99 season was a very significant outlier. He had pretty close to a 1:1 TD:INT ratio outside of that year.

Now that '99 season, I mean that's probably a Pro Bowl nod even in today's league.

That QB draw in Green Bay was legendary.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, BrianS said:

That QB draw in Green Bay was legendary.

It really was. What a ballsy damn call that was. If that fails you are getting absolutely DRAGGED in the media. A QB draw with Steve fuging Beuerlein?! What in the hell were they thinking??!!!

Well, obviously the Packers were similarly minded and it worked like a charm. 😂

The reality of coaching. You're brilliant when it works and you're a fuging moron when it doesn't. 😂

1 hour ago, X-Clown said:

I got this idea from seeing a fans ranking of all 36 starting QBs that the Browns have gone through so far and it kept my mind off what is going to happen to us tomorrow.

We have had 24 quarterbacks that started at least one regular season game for us in our team’s history. Based strictly on their Panthers career up to this point, how would you rank them? 

Here are your starters, listed first by when they played:

Frank Reich 

Kerry Collins

Steve Beuerlein

Chris Weinke

Matt Lytle

Rodney Peete

Randy Fasani

Jake Delhomme

Vinny Testaverde

David Carr

Matt Moore

Jimmy Clausen 

Brian St. Pierre

Cam Newton

Derek Anderson

Taylor Heinicke

Kyle Allen

Will Grier

Teddy Bridgewater 

PJ Walker

Sam Darnold

Baker Mayfield 

Bryce Young

Andy Dalton 

Here is what I came up with. Again I’m listing by what they’ve accomplished in their time as a panther, not overall career elsewhere or general ability. Hence why I have Andy Dalton ranked below Clausen, Carr etc since he’s only started one game up to this point. Also this is not meant to be an indictment on Bryce, he has a lot of factors working against him and obviously is just getting started. And yes this did get really sad to try to rank after the top 4.

1. Cam Newton
  2. Jake Delhomme
  3. Steve Beuerlein
  4. Kerry Collins
  5. Rodney Peete
  6. Sam Darnold
  7. Matt Moore
  8. Teddy Bridgewater
  9. Derek Anderson
  10. Kyle Allen
  11. Bryce Young
  12. Baker Mayfield
  13. PJ Walker
  14. Vinny Testaverde
  15. Chris Weinke
  16. David Carr
  17. Jimmy Clausen
  18. Andy Dalton
  19. Taylor Heinicke
  20. Frank Reich
  21. Will Grier
  22. Brian St. Pierre
  23. Matt Lytle
  24. Randy Fasani

I'd move Kyle Allen up to #6 as sad as that sounds lol he has more wins yards and touchdowns than anyone under him at #6 and God we have really only ever had three good QBs and one was for just a year.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Those two seasons with us were the only time he started a full season. He still holds the single season passing record for the Panthers....

Passing pre-2004 Was far more difficult than it is now...

I just checked Favre,Brady,Manning,Brees  Every one eclipsed their previous career year by at least 500 yards and 6 touchdowns.... (not including the outlier Brees) who increased his output by 10 TDs and almost 1000 yards.....

That NFL was much harder to throw the ball in.

• Pie 1