• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pick 6 was 100% on Mingo

thebdawg

1 minute ago, thebdawg said:

I’m the OP and I’ve changed my stance on it and agree with you. There wasn’t enough velocity on the throw. It’s definitely on Bryce as well as Mingo. If he lacks the arm to put the velocity he should’ve led him more. 

But as a receiver it’s so easy to tell when a pass is underthrown. And it’s so easy to know it’s going to be huge trouble if you are running a shallow cross/drag and you have a defender on your hip. You’ve got to either hold your route and box out a little or at least slow down and get a hand on the ball.

The last thing you can do is back up and basically swing the gate open for the defender and say here, take it. It’s hard for me to not place the blame more on Mingo knowing he could have prevented it with a very simple and routine effort.

Lol

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Well I apologize but I’m just tired of the comparisons to other rookies that struggled.  Bryce is not playing like a rookie going through growing pains.  He is playing like a guy that’s getting completely exposed as someone who doesn’t belong in the league.

No worries good sir. We're all frustrated with OUR team right now. Hopefully Bryce plays better when the oline is upgraded - assuming that will be priority #1 this offseason. 

11 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

I hear ya. 

I just think he's in a horrible situation and it's difficult to really get a gauge on who/what he is right now. You could be right. I don't know - yet. 

QBs make mistakes (young and old) when you make them uncomfortable on a play. Imagine being uncomfortable and unsure an entire game, because DBs are sitting on your routes, receivers can't really get separation, and most importantly your oline is getting you beaten to a pulp. All QBs will make mistakes with all that going on around them. Stroud was doing well today until ARI started to put a little pressure on him, then... not so much. 

I agree the situation is terrible and I'm not overly concerned about young QB mistakes. My concern is I'm just seeing very few flashes of the type of talent you want to be landing with a very high 1st round pick.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, thebdawg said:

I’m the OP and I’ve changed my stance on it and agree with you. There wasn’t enough velocity on the throw. It’s definitely on Bryce as well as Mingo. If he lacks the arm to put the velocity he should’ve led him more. 

But as a receiver it’s so easy to tell when a pass is underthrown. And it’s so easy to know it’s going to be huge trouble if you are running a shallow cross/drag and you have a defender on your hip. You’ve got to either hold your route and box out a little or at least slow down and get a hand on the ball.

The last thing you can do is back up and basically swing the gate open for the defender and say here, take it. It’s hard for me to not place the blame more on Mingo knowing he could have prevented it with a very simple and routine effort.

Right. And please don't disregard your original point, I think Mingo has a lot of blame. But the QB has to ultimately take the hit on a pick like that . A tipped pass, one that bounces off the receivers hands, or a receiver falls down - that's not on the QB.

Honestly, I loved those type of passes. If you work back to the ball, you could catch it and turn back in. It's such a natural play if you've been coached to do it. The DB will almost always be reaching back with an arm to try to tackle you. But, we have to stop drafting WRs based purely on measurables. I want a guy that will route you up and leave you grasping air. Guys that know how to play the position, not just big fast athletes - see Tank Dell. But need protection for a WR like that to work.  

• Beer 2

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I agree the situation is terrible and I'm not overly concerned about young QB mistakes. My concern is I'm just seeing very few flashes of the type of talent you want to be landing with a very high 1st round pick.

Man I hear ya. I think he has to take more deep shots. Running this type of offense, marching down the field 5-8 yards a play is not realistic for a rookie. That's for a seasoned vet, that's seen everything a defense has to throw at you. Bryce is seeing defensive looks he's never seen before, all while being rushed due to horrible protection and the pro game just being naturally faster. That's really tough to overcome this early in your career. 

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, thebdawg said:

Mrcompletely11 have hard time stringing multiple word together 🗿

thebdawg - That pick6 is not on bryce its on mingo

::after 8 pages of showing your where you are wrong::

thebdawg -

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I’m the OP and I’ve changed my stance on it and agree with you. There wasn’t enough velocity on the throw. It’s definitely on Bryce

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

2 hours ago, thebdawg said:

It would require a lot more effort to get the ball and is certainly not going to be a touchdown going the other way, which is my main point here. 

Agree to disagree then. He was glued to Mingo. Had Mingo stayed in a line like you wanted, chances are the pass would've still been tipped at best. The INT could've still happened. It was a poor choice of where to pass it. Only the best of the best can place that perfectly.

1 minute ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Agree to disagree then. He was glued to Mingo. Had Mingo stayed in a line like you wanted, chances are the pass would've still been tipped at best. The INT could've still happened. It was a poor choice of where to pass it. Only the best of the best can place that perfectly.

This. I don't know where this mess is coming from that if Mingo hadn't drifted one yard up the field it's not a negative play. Given the throw that was made, broken up pass seems to be the best of likely outcomes. That's not good.