• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

15 year season ticket holder... I won't be renewing

TheBigKat

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:
3 hours ago, RayRedd said:

There has never been a major dislocation within the PSL ownership base.

Are you predicting tens-of-thousands of PSL owners will walk away from their tickets with no compensation whatsoever in the near-term?

Let us know when things change.

…wow…not sure who you are but a bit on the  smug side in response aren't you ?  I  didn’t predict anything   

you might be surprised how disengaged PSL holders  are from David Tepper, how much they dislike him (and further, his grand plans for the future stadium renovations (ie, gauging the interest of PSL holders like myself for very expensive options via a survey I received today) .

Just in case you are a buddy of the Panthers org, you can tell him he best fix that product on the field if he expects anyone to cough up that kind of money for  a team that can’t score a TD and the worst record of any sports franchise over 5 years

so trust me, there is a lot of extreme unhappiness right now, more than enough to make people walk away  and we are ‘loyal’  when the ticket values hold their face value.  Now,   we can’t even give them away. 

i have the ticket office calling me all the time about buying PSLs in my row from others who have gotten out.   I’m not calling them. Those were not advertised So, if you are under the Illusion  this is some hot commodity with blind loyalty,  it isn’t 

On PSL availability,  my point is simply it is very difficult to tell how many PSLs are available at any point in time given   the variables (term limit, method of sale, or  transfer,  or turn in or the motives.  All you know is xx number are designated for PSLs and they will show in varying states.

I’ve owned mine for 24 years.  I will be turning them in a year early.  I don’t need the situation made worse  with gas, food, lodging and worst of all, wasting  of my time.

Could have sworn you said "many things will change".  The only "change" that matters is do PSL holders stop paying for their tickets and let the PSL lapse for no compensation at all.  The vast majority of PSL owners (like you) never do so. 

Doesn't matter how much "fans" (you for example) dislike Tepper if they (you) keep purchasing the tickets year after year after year in order to maintain the PSL, which they (you) do.

Tepper doesn't need me or anyone else to tell him about the importance of scoring touchdowns, in case you didn't notice he just fired the Head Ball Coach for that exact reason.

Lots of whining ("extreme unhappiness") out there currently but it really doesn't matter until PSL holders (you) start walking away from their contract, very few ever do so.  "Face value" is irrelevant.

Only a dolt would think PSL's are a "hot commodity" 🤣.  On the open market they trade for a fraction of the stated price they're offered at directly from the Panthers.  All that said, there are still over 60,000 seats in the stadium that are tied to a PSL -- that's a big deal and a very important/predictable revenue stream for the team.

What do you mean "turning them in a year early"?  There's no expiration date on your PSL...

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Yes. The food and beer is mediocre at best compared to other sports venues.

If the Panthers didn't get a share of the profits, Tepper would be in a hot mess and he would be in the red. Who is his marketing department targeting?

Who is beating down the doors to license the worst franchise across all sports for the last 5 years?

Panthers gear is on the clearance rack in thrift shops because no one wants it. This franchise is a joke. The Panthers have zero marketability right now except for maybe pepto.

When watching the Panthers gives you nausea, heartburn, idegestion, upset stomach, diarrhea. 

Like all major league sports venues the food & beer are wildly over-priced, but there's no difference in quality.  Dude, beer is beer and do you really care about the food?  That why you're going to the game, for a nice meal?  🤣

"Share of profits"?  "In the red"?  "Marketing department"?    LOL...

In case you wondered the Fanatics site has 3,996 licensed Panthers items on the website right now. 

image.thumb.png.7f6ebb6d0d365214f5937c7cd806a735.png

23 minutes ago, RayRedd said:

Could have sworn you said "many things will change".  The only "change" that matters is do PSL holders stop paying for their tickets and let the PSL lapse for no compensation at all.  The vast majority of PSL owners (like you) never do so. 

Doesn't matter how much "fans" (you for example) dislike Tepper if they (you) keep purchasing the tickets year after year after year in order to maintain the PSL, which they (you) do.

Tepper doesn't need me or anyone else to tell him about the importance of scoring touchdowns, in case you didn't notice he just fired the Head Ball Coach for that exact reason.

Lots of whining ("extreme unhappiness") out there currently but it really doesn't matter until PSL holders (you) start walking away from their contract, very few ever do so.  "Face value" is irrelevant.

Only a dolt would think PSL's are a "hot commodity" 🤣.  On the open market they trade for a fraction of the stated price they're offered at directly from the Panthers.  All that said, there are still over 60,000 seats in the stadium that are tied to a PSL -- that's a big deal and a very important/predictable revenue stream for the team.

What do you mean "turning them in a year early"?  There's no expiration date on your PSL...

Quite a leap from my statement of 

‘If they do not fix this current situation of having no hope of even scoring a TD thus meaning PSL owners can’t sell those tickets for close to face value, many things will change. ‘. To your odd interpretation on the previous page 

‘No expiration on PSLs ‘ lol.  Ok …you dont know much so you are here for your own party 

You clearly want attention   You can get it elsewhere 

• Beer 2

11 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

‘No expiration on PSLs ‘ lol.  Ok …you dont know much so you are here for your own party 

You clearly want attention   You can get it elsewhere

I'm always eager to learn from others -- please explain the process for turning your PSL's in "a year early"...

...do you get a refund or something like that?

If you don't "turn them in" what happens?

On 11/19/2023 at 7:08 PM, top dawg said:

I mean, unless you think we're becoming the Browns or something, ya gotta know that the misery ain't gonna last forever (not that we've ever been that great on a consistent basis anyway). Things have to look up at some point. 

This is definitely my concern. I know the right hires/luck can instantly turn it around but there is zero evidence that the Tepper’s have the slightest clue of what they’re doing. Even Dan Snyder lucked his way into some winning seasons. I don’t think Tepper is capable of it. 

• Beer 1

Panther may be the first team in NLF history that sells more tickets to other team fans in regular season games than their own.........

Next year should be the threshold of reaching that.

It make sense.............a transplant that doesn't get to see your team much but live in Charlotte area?

Then come watch your home team no matter how they are playing get a win right here in your transplanted backyard. 

If I'm the Panthers organization I'm pushing for selling visiting team fan tickets...........hey if they have to travel any that's more revenue for the area

Its a win win at the expense of this dumpster fire organization  

12 hours ago, PghPanther said:

Panther may be the first team in NLF history that sells more tickets to other team fans in regular season games than their own.........

Next year should be the threshold of reaching that.

PSL owners control over 60,000 of the stadium seats, every week.

Don't blame the "team" -- blame the "fan".

@TheBigKat

Excellent write up and I lol'd at the walking around a belk department store bit. 

I feel very similarly to you as of late, aside from the whole J Rich part. The last 5 years have sucked my interest from this franchise with each year getting progressively worse and worse. 

I would love for David Tepper to know that until he stops meddling with football operations the Panthers will never again be a mediocre much less a competent franchise. I beg you, please clean house this offseaon, get a hiring firm and sit the fug out of it. I promise you, that if and when we start winning in the future and you come out and basically say "Yea guys I was too hands on now I trust Adam Peters and Ben Johnson to do their thing.."  People will forgive and forget. 

Winning cures all and we will never win with you trying to captain this ship. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

• 5 weeks later...

Watching Tepper behave like an idiot yesterday, really put my mind at ease of no longer paying $750/ month for season tickets

from here on out it’s redzone

3 away games a year for fun with the kids 

random home game if we like the team coming into town

Tepper is a national embarrassment 

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

Watching Tepper behave like an idiot yesterday, really put my mind at ease of no longer paying $750/ month for season tickets

from here on out it’s redzone

3 away games a year for fun with the kids 

random home game if we like the team coming into town

Tepper is a national embarrassment 

Are you walking next year? I am deeply contemplating just taking the credit hit for 7 years.

On 12/2/2023 at 12:06 AM, RayRedd said:

PSL owner = fan.

Psl owner = opportunist 30 years ago.  When they were introduced Richardson shouldn't have allowed resell companies to buy so fuging many of the psls

Edited by toldozer
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1