• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young is on pace for...

TN05

57 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Teddy sucked. 

Many are clinging to hope on Bryce simply because of the massive investment we made and knowing that we're stuck with him for at least two years due to that.

Teddy never "sucked." He's just not a high level starter, if starter at all. Like many QBs, he was just over-drafted. He's a decent backup however.

37 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

All these posts, and no consideration for how poor the OL has been, some of y'all weird. 

LOL. 

They just wanna be right that's all, regardless of what they say. Everybody likes their electronic cookie for being right before anyone else. 

In general, I personally try to give players and coaches time, especially if they are in a bad situation and don't have much of a track record. Bryce could be everything they're saying (and less), but I can't say that with surety, and I don't see the benefit in guessing at this point. I will say that I hope he proves his doubters wrong.

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Teddy never "sucked." He's just not a high level starter, if starter at all. Like many QBs, he was just over-drafted. He's a decent backup however.

A decent backup is a sucky starter. Teddy was signed to be the starter, therefore Teddy sucked. If you get cut after one year of a multi-year contract, you sucked.

Just now, top dawg said:

LOL. 

They just wanna be right that's all, regardless of what they say. Everybody likes their electronic cookie for being right before anyone else. 

In general, I personally try to give players and coaches time, especially if they are in a bad situation and don't have much of a track record. Bryce could be everything they're saying (and less), but I can't say that with surety, and I don't see the benefit in guessing at this point. I will say that I hope he proves his doubters wrong.

Fandom Stockholm syndrome right here.

54 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

A decent backup is a sucky starter. Teddy was signed to be the starter, therefore Teddy sucked. If you get cut after one year of a multi-year contract, you sucked.

I disagree wholeheartedly. Teddy is a high level backup. Backups have become increasingly more valuable over time because they're likely to play during the season, and most contenders aren't going to want someone who "sucks" as a backup. That's why the higher level backups are paid markedly more money.

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

What we've seen is IMO a tier below Teddy Bridgewater.

I hope BY turns it around because the alternative is a bleak mess.

Well, there's 2025. 

We should've drafted Fields (but we'd probably have messed him up too). At least it wouldn't have cost draft capital.

• Beer 1

Sorry y’all, I go long sometimes and did it again. 

I’m all for Bryce succeeding, I actually really love the guy. I understand that better line = better footwork = better mechanics and better throws… 

but bro has a velocity problem. Almost all of his picks have come from the fact that he can’t see the field, and the ball takes forever to get to his guy. It’s why he needs dudes to be running wide ass open (like they did at Bama) or an NFL db is taking it the other way for 6. I’m not seeing him being able to safely hit NFL open guys beyond 20-30 yards. I hope I’m proven wrong, but a 30 yard softball in the NFL is going for 6 the other way more often than not.

I love the guy but I hate his game. I do, I’m sorry. It can work on a talent loaded team where 4.3 40 wide ass open guys who run good routes take a 15 yard pass and tack on 20 yac, but how many players are there like that in the NFL on teams with elite O lines? Those guys usually go in the first round… uh oh. does anyone trust him to hit a TE in the middle of the field for 17 yards on third and long?

This was Tepper’s point guard philosophy? WTF man? Notice the point guard messaging didn’t happen until shortly before the draft? Stroud, you deserved better than this franchise anyway.

If I’m a Bryce hater, then at least get the label right and call me a Bryce game hater. BGH?

Right now, you’re on the phone with your bookie about to bet your life savings on if Bryce will win a SB with a stacked team in the next 5 years…  all with your wife and kids looking at you. There’s not a single one of you that would honestly answer yes. 

He needs WR and line help, absolutely, but if it’s an ‘all we have to do is get a stud o line and wr’s who can get Bama open’ issue, then we in BIG trouble. That’s at minimum a 2-3 year turnaround, while completely neglecting needs of defense, praying he’s not demolished or hasn’t quit by then. 

I’d rather win 24 - 10 over 35 - 28 all day long. Unfortunately Tepper doesn’t seem to want it that way. 

Tepper and Nicole will have to break up with Bryce, and go with the stud joc guy her momma told her to always stay away from. We need a straight up DUDE. 

Find a way to get a first, or a second and third for Burns, and draft a qb in 2024. Have a true QB competition to see if Bryce really wants to be here after this season. 

Hiring Frank + not taking the Rams deal + giving away our only wr and next year’s first to take the smallest most limited. I bet the Vegas books had to ask NASA for help on the betting lines. 

BGH 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Teddy sucked. 

Many are clinging to hope on Bryce simply because of the massive investment we made and knowing that we're stuck with him for at least two years due to that.

Ok. Well, when it comes to Teddy, every time I present stats and facts, I get opinions in return. I'm not even arguing that TB was great. But he's played better for CAR than anyone since Cam.